112 finals

cmmndalum

Second match 112: Chris Pipkins (11), Cheatham County Josh Jadoobirsingh (12), Cleveland

This was a good match and a fun one for me to watch. It started out with the Cleveland boy using some of that freestyle they must of learned this off-season and almost throwing a lateral drop in. Josh had the over under and threw his hips down and pipkin dropped his hips at the last second to block it, even if josh had thrown the lateral I think he could of pulled it off. One minute into the match pipkin is hit with a stalling warning.

Cleveland tries to throw again but pipkin drops to the legs and a stalemate is called. At the end of the period Cleveland shoots a good double leg then slides down the legs and throws in a trip looks to be a takedown but right as he secures the takedown cheatam flips Cleveland over and both wrestlers tumble out of bounds as the period ends. I know the score was 2-0 at that point but I was so flustered and excited I cant remember who scored the two, Cleveland on the trip or pipkin as he flipped it around out of bounds. Whoever got the points I know I was yelling at the refs at that point!

Second period starts pipkin starts on bottom and stands and quickly spins behind for a reversal. Pipkin puts in a dbl arm bar and begins to turn it over. For a moment he almost pins himself. You could at that point hear the rising oooOOOOO of the crowd as he goes to his should blades then back over. After that he sits out and really puts the pressure on and pins at 40 seconds, great match!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't there to see it but I was shocked when I read about it. Josh appeared to be the most rapidly improving wrestler in the state, going to all the national tournaments and stuff. But I guess Pipkin was even better. I still say Josh has a great shot at success if he chooses to wrestle in the future, because he seems to have a lot of love for the sport.

I wasn't there to see it but I was shocked when I read about it. Josh appeared to be the most rapidly improving wrestler in the state, going to all the national tournaments and stuff. But I guess Pipkin was even better. I still say Josh has a great shot at success if he chooses to wrestle in the future, because he seems to have a lot of love for the sport.

Josh looked like a kid who had cut way too much weight.

Well Josh I think is naturally lean, but if you're right then that's odd, because last year in an interview Josh seemed eager to gain some weight. I wonder if maybe he cut so one of his teammates could wrestle at 119. Or he might've thought he had a better shot at 112.

i believe he thought he had a good shot it champ with 112 considering he beat pip out last year but pip wrestled very well all tourny jabo had a very easy bracket pip had 2 state medalist to beat prior to jabo. also should have gotten best wrestler he pinned the state champ from 07n in the finals as well as scor 7-0 and carried his self very well great wrestler and sportsmanship good kid.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Pipkin is one of the most complete wrestlers that I have seen in a long time. What put Chris over the edge this year was the hard work in the off-season. Chris spent alot of time in the weight room and on the mat. He also attended the University of Missourris Intensity Camp which helped him alot. Congratulations Chris on your championship.

Chris Pipkin is one of the most complete wrestlers that I have seen in a long time. What put Chris over the edge this year was the hard work in the off-season. Chris spent alot of time in the weight room and on the mat. He also attended the University of Missourris Intensity Camp which helped him alot. Congratulations Chris on your championship.

do you think he'll go 119 next year? would like to see him whip biddy too.

hes definately the kind of kid that will make the boys from the chatt-area sweat!

do you think he'll go 119 next year? would like to see him whip biddy too.

hes definately the kind of kid that will make the boys from the chatt-area sweat!

Why the hate! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Did Biddy whip someone close to you?

Why the hate! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Did Biddy whip someone close to you?

my mama, buts the families over it now. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />