Coaching Openings

JC27

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I coached I would. my solution was based off of what everyone else was saying about the team and the coach

Well I know who you are not personally but I would just think that someone of your position would know that you should know a person before you judge them. You should not make comments because of what you hear. Coach Mooney has had alot of success at Moore Co and some at Smyrna. I wish the best to him and his family.

Well I know who you are not personally but I would just think that someone of your position would know that you should know a person before you judge them. You should not make comments because of what you hear. Coach Mooney has had alot of success at Moore Co and some at Smyrna. I wish the best to him and his family.

Im not judging the guy like I said my suggestions were based off of what everyone else was saying, if they so happen to be true. A lot of very good coaches struggle at places sometimes there just isnt the right fit. Sometimes kids respond differently to different types of coaches. thats not a knock on Coach Mooney

Adding to Treyvols sentiments, I must say that it is pretty irresponsible to just come out on a public forum with "rumors" about coaches leaving. While I can't speak directly for the Cookeville or Smyrna situations, I can definatively state that Turnham will be in the captain's chair at Blackman next year.

I believe that all three coaches have acquired tenure at their respective schools, so unless you have heard something directly from the coaches about possibly leaving, then I would suggest keeping the rumors to yourself. It's one thing to state that there are specific indicators that lend themselves to keeping an eye on a potential coaching change (such as the case with Mooney's son graduating), but to insinuate that you have some kind of insider information that these coaches "are done at the end of the season" is careless at best and an attempt to just stir things up at worst.

All of us know that players, parents, administrators, etc. all read these forums to some extent. It would be a shame to create anxiety or disruption among any program as a result of posting an unsubstantiated rumor about a potential coaching change. Especially if a program is still playing ball as is the case with Blackman. These types of comments have the potential to create great distractions between coaches and administrators as well as coaches and players. Such a shame for a kid to be worried about if his coach is leaving him as a result of a comment based on pure hearsay.

I hope that most people do not get their information from internet message boards. I, for one, do not consider this message board, or any other, a credible source for information. I think it is a great source for people to express opinions, frustrations, and keep up with their respective teams. I take this for what it is... a message board/ rumor mill. I thought everyone did.

On the flip side, I am a coach and I agree that to have a rumor circulating that you are leaving can be damaging to your program. But I also think that you should communicate to your team exactly what your intentions are for the future so that there is no confusion. And rumors are easily dismissed as just that... rumors.

I hope that most people do not get their information from internet message boards. I, for one, do not consider this message board, or any other, a credible source for information. I think it is a great source for people to express opinions, frustrations, and keep up with their respective teams. I take this for what it is... a message board/ rumor mill. I thought everyone did.

On the flip side, I am a coach and I agree that to have a rumor circulating that you are leaving can be damaging to your program. But I also think that you should communicate to your team exactly what your intentions are for the future so that there is no confusion. And rumors are easily dismissed as just that... rumors.

well said

I hope that most people do not get their information from internet message boards. I, for one, do not consider this message board, or any other, a credible source for information. I think it is a great source for people to express opinions, frustrations, and keep up with their respective teams. I take this for what it is... a message board/ rumor mill. I thought everyone did.On the flip side, I am a coach and I agree that to have a rumor circulating that you are leaving can be damaging to your program. But I also think that you should communicate to your team exactly what your intentions are for the future so that there is no confusion. And rumors are easily dismissed as just that... rumors.

well said

I hope that most people do not get their information from internet message boards. I, for one, do not consider this message board, or any other, a credible source for information. I think it is a great source for people to express opinions, frustrations, and keep up with their respective teams. I take this for what it is... a message board/ rumor mill. I thought everyone did.On the flip side, I am a coach and I agree that to have a rumor circulating that you are leaving can be damaging to your program. But I also think that you should communicate to your team exactly what your intentions are for the future so that there is no confusion. And rumors are easily dismissed as just that... rumors.

well said