Region 3A

Crowder10

tonight we find out what Grace has... from what i see from their first game they better find a pitcher quick or they might just suffer their 2nd run rule in a row to start the season! the jackets looked strong 1-9 against Chatt Christian last night... Look for more of the same tonight at Grace.

Actually, Ooltewah's win had nothing to do with poor pitching. The soph threw very well, the Owls just were very aggressive and hit the ball extremely well. Even the reliever came in and threw very well. Against smaller schools and schools in their region and district, Grace will be just fine with the pitching I saw against Ooltewah. Again, great game Ooltewah!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not so much... the valley looked pretty bad for the most part tonight and still won 10-3. the jackets left a lot of runners stranded i believe in most part due to them trying to adjust to the extremely slow pitching they faced. at some points tonight i believe the grace pitcher was defying gravity as the ball crossed the plate, lol! once the valley saw the kid a couple times the bats heated up and exploded for a quick 7 late in the game... all in all grace looked pretty good and will compete with other single A teams, but the valley is obviously the class of the region.

Guest inappropriate87

grace's pitching is a little poor. if they could get better pitching they wouldnt do to bad. tonight, LV had trouble adjusting to the pitching. but that is part of the game adjusting to how the pitcher throws. after LV adjusted they pretty much ripped the ball. LV didnt play very well at all with pitching and fielding, but it is only the 2nd game of the season. Look for LV to go all the way this year. They look good.

not so much... the valley looked pretty bad for the most part tonight and still won 10-3. the jackets left a lot of runners stranded i believe in most part due to them trying to adjust to the extremely slow pitching they faced. at some points tonight i believe the grace pitcher was defying gravity as the ball crossed the plate, lol! once the valley saw the kid a couple times the bats heated up and exploded for a quick 7 late in the game... all in all grace looked pretty good and will compete with other single A teams, but the valley is obviously the class of the region.

The score didn't have as much to do with pitching as it did with UNEARNED runs. A couple errors hurt and added a bunch of runs. For sure not saying they didn't hit the ball though, especially in that last inning, but unearned runs were a bulk of their points. You aren't giving the pitchers enough credit, they put many Jackets in the dugout on strike 3.

Guest inappropriate87

The score didn't have as much to do with pitching as it did with UNEARNED runs. A couple errors hurt and added a bunch of runs. For sure not saying they didn't hit the ball though, especially in that last inning, but unearned runs were a bulk of their points. You aren't giving the pitchers enough credit, they put many Jackets in the dugout on strike 3.

only beacause after their first swing they couldnt turn back around and swing again before the ball came over the plate. LV stroked the ball pretty well in that inning. they hit 2 off the fence and had quite a few go in the hole. that has nothing to do with "unearned runs". and even if it was "unearned runs", all that says is grace isnt good at all for making that many errors for having 7 guys go across the plate. just go ahead and admit it. lookout valley is BETTER. thats all there is to it.

only beacause after their first swing they couldnt turn back around and swing again before the ball came over the plate. LV stroked the ball pretty well in that inning. they hit 2 off the fence and had quite a few go in the hole. that has nothing to do with "unearned runs". and even if it was "unearned runs", all that says is grace isnt good at all for making that many errors for having 7 guys go across the plate. just go ahead and admit it. lookout valley is BETTER. thats all there is to it.

Not once have I ever said Grace is a better team, please show me that quote. I have simply corrected some statements as pitching was not as much a factor as the errors and unearned runs... LV did a GREAT job capitalizing on the errors and DID hit the ball well. Though they capitalized, they are still considered unearned runs, just stating facts.

You act as if the pitchers threw the ball 50 MPH, lol. Just cuz I said we struck a bunch of guys out never meant I thought LV wasn't good. I'm just stating that pitching wasn't bad and wasn't the main reason for the loss. Great job LV, look forward to facing you again.

Guest inappropriate87

your right the pitching wasnt bad........on lookout valleys end. Graces pitching floated over the plate. i dont think i saw a ball go over 70 mph. and there wernt that many unearned runs other then in the first inning. and if you take out that inning LV still beats Grace

your right the pitching wasnt bad........on lookout valleys end. Graces pitching floated over the plate. i dont think i saw a ball go over 70 mph. and there wernt that many unearned runs other then in the first inning. and if you take out that inning LV still beats Grace

As a matter of fact, as I run through the whole game in my head, my guess is there were at least 5-6 unearned runs. Now that is fact in what unearned runs are and how you count them. AGAIN, I just am speaking fact, I still believe LV hit the ball well, especially when Grace gave them extra opportunities. You seem to be taking complements and turning them into "Grace Bashing" and how bad they apparently were. I'm not here to bash, just state facts. The fact is, LV won fair and square and if you look at the score through 5 whole innings, BOTH teams pitched very well as it was 3-3 until the 6th. That was where the one error was and many UNEARNED runs accumulated because LV capitalized as I stated earlier. That is why LV is ranked where they are and my hats are off to them. Great job and good luck the rest of the season.

let s be honest... some of those pitches thrown by the kid that came in in relief for Grace definitely did not break 50 mph! it was middle school quality at best! lol

That would be a curve ball and if you would stand behind the plate and watch the break of his curve ball, you would know why a couple guys couldn't hit it. The last inning a couple guys got on it and hit the ball well, but not all pitchers are cannon pitchers who hit 85 on the gun. If that is your argument that pitching is bad, then you need to reevaluate what a pitcher is. 85+ definitely is a plus though;)