Region 3A

Crowder10

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest inappropriate87

Sounds like too many of LV's fans/players are looking for excuses as to why they can't hit. Obviously the Grace pitching was effective. If Grace's pitchers were too slow, are you guys going to get on here and make excuses when you play teams that have pitchers who throw too hard?

in 4 of the 5 games LV has played this year they have scored 10 or more runs. as a team they are hitting .381 with 5 or 6 players hitting .400 or more. LV just got back from Florida, playing quality teams with quality pitching from 3 and 4 a schools. all three games walking a way with a nice W. so if you dont think that LV can hit it really doesnt matter cause they beat you by 7 runs.

how did grace do in that tourney?

Hung with Walker Valley and Polk Co. and lost to the Alabama school and Marion pretty badly. Actually took a 6-0 lead on Polk but had a rough second and third. The young team is figuring things out and will do just fine as they play their first league game Monday.

Did Grace really hang with Walker Valley? Should teams in 1a be scared? Hanging with WV is impressive.

To be more specific, Grace had a rough first inning and gave up some unearned runs. I think the score was 10-5 final, but 8 of the 10 were unearned. Outside the first inning, Grace fought back and did pretty well.

Guest inappropriate87

well this is the second time i have seen where grace blames unearned runs. if they were any good they shouldnt be having all these unearned runs i wouldnt think. but hey i could be wrong.

well this is the second time i have seen where grace blames unearned runs. if they were any good they shouldnt be having all these unearned runs i wouldnt think. but hey i could be wrong.

Hey, I don't disagree with you, baseball is more than just hitting. They need to fix some defensive mistakes and they'll be fine. They are getting more agressive at the plate and hitting now which is good to see. But you are definitely correct inappropriate, they need to stop allowing the unearned runs. I did mention that, I was just saying after that first inning, they played much better and battled a very solid WVHS team.

Sounds like you guys battled tough and played some good baseball in your tourney. Wish I coulda seen it.