Class A, Region 5 Tournament

BenDover178

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all 4 teams, great intensity, great effort, great sportsmanship. Van Buren thats a tough loss but its always hard to beat NCS. CA best game of the semi's in my opinion. They played with great intensity all game. Freshman Malcom Smith has to be one of, if not the best big man in the region. He played a great game and shut down Lillard for the most part, I don't know how many points he had but i'm sure it was more than 20. Point gaurd Sam Porter for CA is the transfer from CHS, he played with alot of poise and is the best ball handler i've ever seen at a high school level, he knocked down clutch shots all game including a 3rd quarter buzzer beater 2 steps inside halfcourt. Freshman Martin Smith knocked down 3's and played great defense. Zach Burkhart senior and leader of the team did about all he could battling for loose balls and rebounds. To all the seniors, I appreciate all yall have done for me this year in making me better and next year we will definately be back buildin on what yall seniors have done. Last year CA was 5-22 and we didnt win one district game. New aditions Sam Porter (Junior) and Malcom and Martin Smith (Both Freshman) and all the seniors stepping up took us from 5-22 to 21-9 in one year and a three point shot away from sub state. Yall best beleive we will be back next year and hungry for state. Congrats to the NCS coach on his 1,000 win. And good luck to both Eagleville and NCS in the championship. I see NCS winning by 6

well, now i am doubly disappointed.

not only did i not get to see the ncs-vb game, i missed the opportunity to meet bighurt.

not that i didnt go.

i went to the trouble to make the drive to nashville

because i thought eagleville-ca and ncs-vb would be the best pair of games on the night.

eagleville-ca did not disappoint,but i didnt get to see much of the second game

due to an embarassing group of ncs students

(or more likely recent grads).

they came over to the designated vb section,

(where my wife & i had been unlucky enough to locate ourselves)

mostly filled with parents and grandparents

(the students were behind the vb bench)

drove off the people occupying the front row seats

and treated us all to an evening of profanity & behavior that would shame apes.

one of the highlights being their mistaking the row of coaches

and coaches spouses behind them for vb fans,taunting them and attempting to start trouble.

their treatment of the poor vb cheerleaders

when they came over to cheer in front of their designated section

was nothing less than disgraceful.

i dont think i was alone in my opinion by any means.

the officals threw one of them out probably for the profanity,

but there were plenty of reasons to choose from.

the police started over there at one point, probably to remove them

but were stopped by an ncs official.

i dont think he surely realized how bad their behavior.

the police did come and talk to them after the game.

the shame is, this in no way is representative of ncs,

a good school with first rate people running it.

nor coach anderson, not only a great coach but a first class person.

oh yeah, and lest you tag me as just some old cranky guy,

i attend about a hundred hs basketball games a year

have seen and heard it all.

there is no problem with you acting the fool.

that is what youth is for.

but take it to the student section where it belongs.

that sort of language & behavior would be better appreciated by your peers.

what would you think if someone acted like that to your parents and grandparents?

Eagleville by 10 They have played a tougher schedule. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Why does everyone keep bring up the strength of schedule? Eagleville barley got past Clarksville Academy (not taking anything away from them they are a great team) in which Nashville Chrisitan beat 3 times, and the games were not very close (besides the last one)..Im not saying anything about you picking eagleville...but by 10?!?!? thats crazy..and on top of that Nashville Christian put out Van Buren...and if im not mistaken Eagleville lost to them 2 times in the regular season...

Why does everyone keep bring up the strength of schedule? Eagleville barley got past Clarksville Academy (not taking anything away from them they are a great team) in which Nashville Chrisitan beat 3 times, and the games were not very close (besides the last one)..Im not saying anything about you picking eagleville...but by 10?!?!? thats crazy..and on top of that Nashville Christian put out Van Buren...and if im not mistaken Eagleville lost to them 2 times in the regular season...

i agree......its tourny time and no one cares how well you did in the regular seaon......weather you went 30-0 or 0-30 doesnt matter anymore.....i think that NCS has the talent, experience, and heart to get past Eagleville......im gonna say 61-54 NCS

I dont think strength of schedule has anything to do with who wins this game. The schedules are probably pretty comparable. Records dont matter either. Eagleville had different things come into play during the course of the season (missing players for various reasons and changing the starting line-up). All that matters is the team that is put on the floor right now. And that is why I think Eagleville wins a close game. Probably will be less than 5 point win. Eagleville proved that right now they are certainly better than VB. The district tournament game was not really even that close. And VB had NC beat befor they blew the game. Eagleville will have to play great defense but they are very capable of defending NC. And I think NC will have lots of trouble guarding Eagleville. Should be a great game. I am hoping to get to come.

well, now i am doubly disappointed.

not only did i not get to see the ncs-vb game, i missed the opportunity to meet bighurt.

not that i didnt go.

i went to the trouble to make the drive to nashville

because i thought eagleville-ca and ncs-vb would be the best pair of games on the night.

eagleville-ca did not disappoint,but i didnt get to see much of the second game

due to an embarassing group of ncs students

(or more likely recent grads).

they came over to the designated vb section,

(where my wife & i had been unlucky enough to locate ourselves)

mostly filled with parents and grandparents

(the students were behind the vb bench)

drove off the people occupying the front row seats

and treated us all to an evening of profanity & behavior that would shame apes.

one of the highlights being their mistaking the row of coaches

and coaches spouses behind them for vb fans,taunting them and attempting to start trouble.

their treatment of the poor vb cheerleaders

when they came over to cheer in front of their designated section

was nothing less than disgraceful.

i dont think i was alone in my opinion by any means.

the officals threw one of them out probably for the profanity,

but there were plenty of reasons to choose from.

the police started over there at one point, probably to remove them

but were stopped by an ncs official.

i dont think he surely realized how bad their behavior.

the police did come and talk to them after the game.

the shame is, this in no way is representative of ncs,

a good school with first rate people running it.

nor coach anderson, not only a great coach but a first class person.

oh yeah, and lest you tag me as just some old cranky guy,

i attend about a hundred hs basketball games a year

have seen and heard it all.

there is no problem with you acting the fool.

that is what youth is for.

but take it to the student section where it belongs.

that sort of language & behavior would be better appreciated by your peers.

what would you think if someone acted like that to your parents and grandparents?

I want to personally apologize for their behavior. Being an alumni of NCS, I was ashamed at their behavior. I actually happened to have graduated with the guy that got thrown out. He has been thrown out of a few other games this year for the same reason.

To all VB fans, players, coaches, and cheerleaders, that is not a good representation of NCS. Please except my apology on NCS's behalf. I feel that you should atleast hear it from someone. Hopefully they will be more civil for the Eagleville game.