Rutledge Baseball

Grizzleypower

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who pitched the no-no? Only a handful of Pioneer pitchers have hurled one.

I wouldnt' be bragging to much about no-hitting Hancock. They're literaly one of the worst 3 or 4 teams in the entire state. And I would also be worried about inconsistancy at the plate if they only put up 4 in the 1st game... BUT it is nice to see Rutledge going out and competing and winning in their final season. Good luck /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

A no-hitter is a no-hitter. Regardless of competition. I'm sure a pitcher from the Red Sox would take a no-no over the Royals even though he'd rather no-hit the Yankees.

Sorry. The difference between Any decent AA team and Hancock is just a LITTLE bigger than the difference in the Red Sox and Royals... I mean we're talking about a team the probably hasn't won 10 games in the past 5 years... Now a PERFECT game, that would be a huge acomplishment, no matter the competetion. But throwing a no hitter against a team with no one that can even play the game isn't a whole lot.... ANYHOW, I hope they keep this up. I'd like to see Rutledge go out on a high note. Good Luck guys /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

True, Rutledge has no superstars this year like most years in the past, but they are getting solid play throughout the lineup. They still play good defense, hit the ball consistently 1-9, and are suprisingly getting solid pitching from several people. I know most people are conceding the #1 spot to Pigeon Forge, and rightfully so. I still think the Pioneers will compete with everyone. I would not be suprised to see them finish 2nd or 3rd. Who knows, the Tigers could pickup a loss or two in the district this year. One thing for sure, the Pioneers play to win them all. We know thats not going to happen, but every game will be competitive. Good Luck Pioneers!

WOW! I heard today about the Cumberland Gap and Rutledge game. I'm in shock that nobody has commented on what took place. I did not see the game, so can anyone fill me in on the facts, please? I heard one Rutledge player, two Cumberland Gap players and both Cumberland Gap coaches were thrown out of the game.