Rutledge Baseball

Grizzleypower

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CGCrew346, Bunch of chickens? I believe it was the Rutledge team around home plate and you guys outside the fence where you were safe! Man handled? You've got to be kidding! I was there and saw it all myself. Both runners were outside the rule book with running over the catcher. If you doubt it, check with the newspaper photographer who has some interesting pictures that just might change your tune. By the way, I overheard the field umpire making arrangements to have those pictures sent to him for TSSAA review. I asked to see the pictures and you just might want to back off. Where do you get a "bunch of chickens"? I didn't see anyone from the Rutledge team backing down from anything. I've got a novel idea. Why don't you purchase the coaches an official copy of TSSAA baseball rules and underline the paragraph where it explains what a runner has to do if the ball is in the catcher's mit. If you can read, you might want to read it too. Plain and simple, just for you, the Rutledge player was wrong in running down the CG catcher. The CG runner was wrong in RETALIATING when he got the chance. Both payed for what they did outside the rules. Rutledge coaches had enough sense to stay inside the dugout and handle things the correct way. Rutledge player got 2 games suspension, CG players got 2 games suspension, and coaches got 2 games suspension. By the way, who paid their fines? Send me your address and I'll mail you a box of real soft tissue to wipe the tears out of your little eyes. By the way, you don't want any of Webster, and you especially don't want any of Cope. They are men, not little boys who stay behind the fence and cry. Boo hoo hoo!

I see you are at it again. I have a better idea. Why don't you purchase the "Official TSSAA Rule Book" or do you not know how to read. I'd like to see you underline that paragraph. Last time I saw a rule book it was NFHS Rule Book not TSSAA. Better idea would be to put it behind and move on and quit stirring the pot.

I see you are at it again. I have a better idea. Why don't you purchase the "Official TSSAA Rule Book" or do you not know how to read. I'd like to see you underline that paragraph. Last time I saw a rule book it was NFHS Rule Book not TSSAA. Better idea would be to put it behind and move on and quit stirring the pot.

Charger81, it is behind. I only answered the "chicken" post. I didn't stir the pot unless the truth is stiring the pot. Enough said. Everyone got what they deserved, and a little less than what they should have received. If you were there we'll talk on, but if you weren't then you need to be quiet and let those who were there work it out. By the way, I'll be "at it again" a lot for the remainder of the season. Don't blow a gasket, just sit back and enjoy the fun! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Even thought I doubted you at the biginning a little , you all proved that Rutledge baseball is a tradition, that is a tradition of winning , good job on getting second after all the talk of losing those seniors last year, now win that tourney, can't wait to see what the year of the Grizzly brings next year, bgut for now do Rutledge proud and hammer the Gap on Sat. Good Luck!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

cneagles13,

I knew I would bait you out. You didn't happen to wear the same number last year at GP as well did you? It's never good to brag on one's self. Yea you had a decent year. Remember I??™m close to the program in fact could have been a teammate for a short time. I'll put it like this i know of no nagging injuries. i remember that someone always seem to be having the flu when it was a crucial situation or needing to pitch. Therefore always having an excuse. As far as the top two hitters, I should have said it in a different way. You led the team in RBI's but they also had 2 people hit for better avg. including the little brother. That had to hurt! Also as far as having 10 more RBI's than anyone else, another exaggeration. The next closest was the little brother with only 5 less and two more people with only 7 less. As far as Capps as a hitter I remember many times he let us down with a pop fly. 8 other guys on the team hit for a better avg. and produced better stats. Extra base hits aren't a good stat when it is your only hits!

The comment about learning to score runs off of HBP is pretty sour coming from someone who claims to support the program. Sounds to me that you hold resentment against this team for some reason. I think your little brother will do a nice job stepping up and proving you wrong with a high avg. and a lot of run production this year. And as far as you knocking in all those runs, do you remember who hit in the 1 and 2 hole to be on base in front of you, yea they are returning to set the table for your brother. It stinks being a Barton and being wrong!

Yeah you got me. I've been busy with college classes and thought I would let the season play out and see. Let's see. Flu? When? I believe I never missed a start on the mound or behind the plate for 2 years due to injury or illness. All while playing with torn cartilage in my throwing shoulder (could not be repaired by surgery) from a separated shoulder. And let's see played 3 games in the district tournament my junior year with pnuemonia while catching every inning of every game. But as I said I thought I would let it play out, let's see GP was 5-5 in district and had 13 wins overall (3 vs AE, 2 vs Hancock, and 1vs Cosby) with 7 returning starters finishing behind 3rd behind Rutledge who had how many returning starters? Great defensive show by the District Defensive player of the year.