region 8

werazzlin

Unfortunately, Smyrna will lose the bulk of their lineup when Fraizer, Martin, and Cashion graduate this year. Saunders (160) will be their best wrestler possibly medaling next year as a junior and they had a up and commer at 189 (Sawyer) but for the most part as a team, will be a nonfactor next season IMHO.

Ok so if you think that how come smyrna created upsets in many brackets and in many matches with their younger guys beating higher ranked guys or at least out scoring and out working them untill they made mistakes.Smyrna is not like fcs or hend. but we have heart and lions pride wrestling in getting started and we have at least 3 guys goin up there..we will bust our toees at practice everyday an show this region were back for good

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so if you think that how come smyrna created upsets in many brackets and in many matches with their younger guys beating higher ranked guys or at least out scoring and out working them untill they made mistakes.Smyrna is not like fcs or hend. but we have heart and lions pride wrestling in getting started and we have at least 3 guys goin up there..we will bust our toees at practice everyday an show this region were back for good

great!!! I hope so and good luck next year. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Yes. I have talked to Josh a couple of times. He looks like he still go on the mat and make some noise. The new Commando Hwy is about the same size as Cory Brown but more agressive. Should be fun watching the Hvys next year.

Good luck HSD and your young grappler. I will be around. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

is this new heavywieght a freshman from the middle school program ?

Shs130 if you really want to get better you should come to the sharpshooter workouts @ the Blackman wrestling building We have 10 Blackman state qualifiers working out together along with a bunch of Oakland,Siegal,and Riverdale wrestlers.We have at least 10 varsity quality wrestlers in the 130 to 135 lb range(Weston Lyszyn,Ryan Nell,Colby O'Brien,Kyle Hughes,Kyle Tate,and Matt Houglum,just to name a few)5 of which were all State Qualifiers.They practice from 3:30 to 5:30 on Monday ,Tues. and Thursdays.It's also much less expensive than Lions Pride and we go all Summer until the start of next season.J-Rod worked with us last off season.

Unfortunately, Smyrna will lose the bulk of their lineup when Fraizer, Martin, and Cashion graduate this year. Saunders (160) will be their best wrestler possibly medaling next year as a junior and they had a up and commer at 189 (Sawyer) but for the most part as a team, will be a nonfactor next season IMHO.

friendship loses a great deal of there region 8 points also, I think they put a couple in the finals who were seniors.

Shs130 if you really want to get better you should come to the sharpshooter workouts @ the Blackman wrestling building We have 10 Blackman state qualifiers working out together along with a bunch of Oakland,Siegal,and Riverdale wrestlers.We have at least 10 varsity quality wrestlers in the 130 to 135 lb range(Weston Lyszyn,Ryan Nell,Colby O'Brien,Kyle Hughes,Kyle Tate,and Matt Houglum,just to name a few)5 of which were all State Qualifiers.They practice from 3:30 to 5:30 on Monday ,Tues. and Thursdays.It's also much less expensive than Lions Pride and we go all Summer until the start of next season.J-Rod worked with us last off season.

You don't need to wrestle year round though. Working out and conditioning and doing other things besides constantly wrestling is more important than being a die-hard wrestler every single day until the season starts.

You don't need to wrestle year round though. Working out and conditioning and doing other things besides constantly wrestling is more important than being a die-hard wrestler every single day until the season starts.

You are wrong there the elite kids all wrestle year round thats what makes several state champs you did well this year but what if you wrestled year round you could have got 1st. Sorry to be so blunt stick with the sport and it will stick with you. Ringworm sounds like you are a Sharp Shooter hater just from your talks in here. Have you ever wrestled for them. And if so how was it.

You are wrong there the elite kids all wrestle year round thats what makes several state champs you did well this year but what if you wrestled year round you could have got 1st. Sorry to be so blunt stick with the sport and it will stick with you. Ringworm sounds like you are a Sharp Shooter hater just from your talks in here. Have you ever wrestled for them. And if so how was it.

hey middlesports..... 2 words........ crack kills........ dont you have a pipe that needs some attention /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Ya i know kyle hughes and a few 130-135 guys up there that i wrestled this season , i need more work on my takedowns and thats the bulk of my summer takedown camps , running , and weight training. Our seniors worked with me alot after cmas and i improved and i am looking to keep improving and give back to my team that put up with all my bs this season.

Evil Twin who pulled your string was just stating my opinion, do you not believe wrestling year round is better. Would like to hear from ringworm to answer the questions in other post. I watch him wrestle he is a good wrestler but just stated he might be a little better if he does it year round. Do you think he would have finished that well if Young did not get hurt has he wrestled him this year. And I think the 2 Blackman guy Kennedy and Patton could win against him just by the way they wrestle.