REGION 5AA

highschoolgameday22

Exactly right, DL, FRA, MLK, anyone if their team was as talented as CPA would have dedicated fans like ours. While their teams are very good and do deserve praise, CPA is extraordinarily special this year. So if us CPA fans sound so prideful in this year's amazingly talented team, than at least we have a reason to be prideful (what you call arrogant).

30-3 Overall, thats our reason for pride.

Beating every team in our district twice ex. FRA, beating them 3x and DL 3x, that is why CPA fans are so excited in the stands.

Yes, but then again, if you didn't have such an amazingly talented team, your coach might have won coach of the year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doctorno....I think I clarified my position pretty well and gave credit to everyone that I could think of. I even conceded the fact that I don't see and hear everything our students do and say. I think I was extremely agreeable with most of your earlier points. I also agree that every school has it's blemishes. No problem...no one is perfect or even getting close. I'll even go as far as to say that FRA has been a great host to CPA evey time we're on your grounds. You have great kids and a wonderful institution. You also have a tremendous new football coach coming your way. A great man.

But...you've made this personal. (there's that word again) So, I just want to conclude this debate (I take it you like to debate..captain of your high school team maybe) and just say, and you DESERVE this for not allowing me any middle ground or to concede any of your points,....if you want to cut to the chase, this year, CPA beat your team and your coach of the year....3 times by a total of 55 points. Or is that not credible? Then again, you don't have to answer that because I don't care what you think either.

'll even go as far as to say that FRA has been a great host to CPA evey time we're on your grounds. You have great kids and a wonderful institution. You also have a tremendous new football coach coming your way. A great man.

Agreed

.if you want to cut to the chase, CPA beat your team and your coach of the year....3 times by a total of 55 points. Or is that not credible?

Truer words have never been spoken.

Yes, but then again, if you didn't have such an amazingly talented team, your coach might have won coach of the year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The CPA Coach doesn't need a plaque to be recognized as coach of the year. He is coach of the year. He has led his team to victory with a District Championship and a Regional Championship. Yes, the CPA team is talented but we all know that talent is not enough. It takes hard work, perseverance, a coachable spirit, team work and a great leader. That is exactly what Coach Maddux has brought to CPA.

I think a little humility would go a long way right now. I don't think 90% of the people that are posting here really know or understand the heart of these boys from any team and it is unfair to speak of them individually.

I couldn't agree more. Naming names is the wrong thing to do on this forum. We all know that it's a one and done season from here on. It can go your way or not. I doubt if any team is over confident right now. CPA certainly isn't taking anything for granted.

If you'll admit that you don't hear every word and see every action of CPA's team while they are on the floor, or in a restaurant, or in the mall, and how they interact with other players and fans, and that there is no possible way you can make that statement and have any credibility, then maybe the rest of us will lighten up. You don't have a corner on the "works hard" market, the "classy player" market, or the "classless player" market, for that matter. Most teams work extremely hard. Every team has classy players and, unfortuantely, classless players. It's called life.

Just remember, one man's fun is another man's disrespect or lack of class. Again, every school has some fans, team members, coaches, whatever, that create a less than desirable impression from time to time. Also, every school has something that they do and think "how could anyone be offended at that? It's just fun - for us!" But, others are offended. The point is, most other schools, and posters to this forum, have the integrity to admit it.

Who are you to imply that anyone is classless, imperfect, or disrespectful? Where do you get off on making any comment that would degrade any fan of any team? Everyone that follows a team does so with passion and love for the game and the team. Yes, they are going to expand their boundaries in releasing their emotions....that is why we participate in watching sports. It is fun to follow a team and support them with every ounce of encouragement, praise, and faithfulness we have. No one is being rude, crude or evil they are just taking part and enjoying the rivalry between teams. Every school takes part, every school has their traditions, every school has their unique way of supporting their team. They do it to show support and cheer their team on to victory. They do it when they are the champions and they do it when they're not. That is what a faithful fan does.

When a school has a great team and a great coach they have even more reason to support their team. Why, because they believe in the players, the coach and what they stand for. I believe that is why you will find loyal, dedicated, and excited CPA fans.

Who are you to imply that anyone is classless, imperfect, or disrespectful? Where do you get off on making any comment that would degrade any fan of any team? Everyone that follows a team does so with passion and love for the game and the team. Yes, they are going to expand their boundaries in releasing their emotions....that is why we participate in watching sports. It is fun to follow a team and support them with every ounce of encouragement, praise, and faithfulness we have. No one is being rude, crude or evil they are just taking part and enjoying the rivalry between teams. Every school takes part, every school has their traditions, every school has their unique way of supporting their team. They do it to show support and cheer their team on to victory. They do it when they are the champions and they do it when they're not. That is a what a faithful fan does.

When a school has a great team and a great coach they have even more reason to support their team. Why, because they believe in the players, the coach and what they stand for. I believe that is why you will find loyal, dedicated, and excited CPA fans.

I couldn't agree more. Just enjoy a local team doing well. They usually all come from west TN. Kind of like politics when one candidate drops from the race they usually support one that's still in it.

I couldn't agree more. Naming names is the wrong thing to do on this forum. We all know that it's a one and done season from here on. It can go your way or not. I doubt if any team is over confident right now. CPA certainly isn't taking anything for granted.

I agree. NO player deserves to bashed in a personal way and neither does a coach, a team, or their fans. Can we not show some encouragement, respect and be glad for the success that all the teams and players have had. Everyone that participates in a sport works hard, and puts their whole body, soul, and spirit into it. These players have dedicated countless hours, they have sacrificed in many personal ways, and they've persevered even when things haven't gone the way they wanted. Some have taken a supportive position even though at sometime in their basketball career they were probably the "Z" on the team. These players deserve our respect and appreciation. They should ALL be praised for what they have achieved, for what they have brought to the game, and most of all for their hard work and dedication.