Maryville vs Oak Ridge

REBELRON

This game will be a war. I hope the same pattern continues. Oak Ridge has beat Maryville a lot of times in the regular season then Maryville would return the favor in the regional tournament.

One thing bad about this game is one of these teams will knock the other out of going to the state tourney. Both teams are very good basketball teams.

Maryville will have to be able to handle the pressure of Oak Ridge's guards. Oak Ridge will have to be able to handle Maryville's inside play. Whoever does the best job of that will win the game.

This will be a great game. I will be there tommorrow night. I will leave after the game to see the Vols/Vandy game.

Oak Ridge's pressure defense was way too much for Maryville to handle. I bet Maryville had 30 turnovers. Oak Ridge was the better team. They were way to quick. Jared Stevens is one heck of a player. What killed Maryville the most was #11 for Oak Ridge draining those 3's.

Douglas was a little bit of a factor. What hurt him was he didn't get enough touches inside because Maryville was turning the ball over too much.

Maryville had a fine season. Aaron Douglas,Jordan Damron and Wes Lambert will be missed. They had a great career at Maryville.

Oak Ridge played full-court press the entire game and that is how they caused so many turnovers. The same thing happened in december the first time the two played - Oak Ridge caused many turnovers, so you can somewhat blame that on the coaches. Maryville either couldnt inbound the ball, or they could get it pass mid-court without some crazy pass (that went out a lot of times). OR also hit two or three key three-pointers to give them the lead for good, other than that, it was looking good for Maryville. A Sophmore for Maryville missed a super-wide open lay-up at the very end that could have given the rebels a chance. The refs werent that bad - a couple of questionable calls and missed calls but I didnt have a problem. Overall, Im glad to have seen that last Maryville game of the year - I loved to see Lambert, Damron, and A-Doug win a title and have great careers and I wish the best to them as they continue. Best of luck too to the teams in the East (Bearden, Farragut and Oak Ridge) and I hope they can bring another one home.