Referee abuses power

1012biggestfan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well its one of three scenarios...

One- in the first (with the techs) the referees told the player that was enough from the dissent aspect but he kept on. The second play he was frustrated and they told him to stop and he did.

Two- The referees cheat in all games no matter what your case is.

Three- The referees do not like white kids.

if the past is "just that" then let it die. but you really dont believe that do you? since you started a new thread on the topic it obviously is a burr under your saddle. everyone should go watch the video and see what it looks like to end your high school career early because you cant keep your mouth and emotions in check. the clip that you posted is just the ending of a show of poor sportsmanship. you dont show the entire first qtr with 10 and 12 crying and mouthing at the refs about every call. 12 got warned two more times before the end of the game and should have gotten a tech when he intentionally threw the ball away from the ref in protest to a foul called late in the game. the ref could have t'ed him but instead talked to him before howard shot the free throws. oh yeah, this was his second warning. ive seen lots of basketball but i dont know that ive ever seen a team cry, whine and showboat as much as hixson. they didnt act that way when eller was on the sidelines. i guess with all the stuff making the news out of hixson these days you cant expect too much from the team. good thing the news people dont know about all the issues the basketball team had to deal with in the past month, huh? concession stand incident, 32's legal troubles, and the list goes on.

if the past is "just that" then let it die. but you really dont believe that do you? since you started a new thread on the topic it obviously is a burr under your saddle. everyone should go watch the video and see what it looks like to end your high school career early because you cant keep your mouth and emotions in check. the clip that you posted is just the ending of a show of poor sportsmanship. you dont show the entire first qtr with 10 and 12 crying and mouthing at the refs about every call. 12 got warned two more times before the end of the game and should have gotten a tech when he intentionally threw the ball away from the ref in protest to a foul called late in the game. the ref could have t'ed him but instead talked to him before howard shot the free throws. oh yeah, this was his second warning. ive seen lots of basketball but i dont know that ive ever seen a team cry, whine and showboat as much as hixson. they didnt act that way when eller was on the sidelines. i guess with all the stuff making the news out of hixson these days you cant expect too much from the team. good thing the news people dont know about all the issues the basketball team had to deal with in the past month, huh? concession stand incident, 32's legal troubles, and the list goes on.

OUCH !!!!!

That # 10 i understand the first technical foul but the second one i couldn't hear if he had said something to that official beside him but if he didn't then that one shouldn't have been called and guy from the other team just walked away.... # 10 argued his case and then did the hand motion and thats why he got that tech but the second i'm not sure about! That is my unbiased opinion... i'm not for either team! i'm from Dyer Co.!

Don't worry about it Melton, the kid obviously went to a teammate and made a remark which the official could have overlooked but probably deserved the 1st tech. The second one appears to have been another comment that he meant for himself. The starter of this thread is most likely mom or dad. Kids never say things under their breath that can be heard off the court.

Don't worry about it Melton, the kid obviously went to a teammate and made a remark which the official could have overlooked but probably deserved the 1st tech. The second one appears to have been another comment that he meant for himself. The starter of this thread is most likely mom or dad. Kids never say things under their breath that can be heard off the court.

Thanks Dragon, the video would not play for me but I thought the whole situation sounded unusual.

Thanks Dragon, the video would not play for me but I thought the whole situation sounded unusual.

from other remarks, i think the guy is the dad of 10 and 12. i was at the game i'm no fan of hixson

but from watching these two and from what other hixson parents say 10 and 12 carry on like this

all the time and it is end of season the refs were probably tired of it. they had been crying about

the calls and saying stuff all game before this.no one wants to admitt their kid is wrong but give it up

and let it be in the past, as you say past is past. maybe he will not act like this next year and just

play ball cause the kid can play.