Smyrna Vs Wilson Central

Sidetrain

If anybody feels that a point guard does not help control game? Dang, the questions get tougher every time I log on this board. If anyone was that oblivious to the fact, I doubt they would have the mental ability to log on to their computer. Is a quarterback important to controlling a game? A pitcher? Heck a point guard controls the game, period.

Everybody knows that, don't they?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I was at the game last night and Central just got beat pure and simple could have been the worst loss ive seen for WC ever. But for anyone to say that Coach Brandon lost this game on purpose is laughable. Like Herm Edwards said "You play to win the games" These coaches want to win every game. I spoke with one WC coach after the game and guess what he wasnt happy about lossing. WC just got out played they didnt throw the game WC just couldnt make a basket last night if thier life depended on it. Smyrna was better on this night hopefully they will meet agian. Congrats to Smyrna I was very impressed by Pollock Just based on last night i thought she was the Region MVP she created for everyone and was an awesome passer.

If anybody feels that a point guard does not help control game? Dang, the questions get tougher every time I log on this board. If anyone was that oblivious to the fact, I doubt they would have the mental ability to log on to their computer. Is a quarterback important to controlling a game? A pitcher? Heck a point guard controls the game, period.

Everybody knows that, don't they?

My point was everybody talks about the post or shooters. Some point guards do not score a lot. Some feel that ANYBODY can play point. EP can score but also sees the court well. WC put someone else at point and things changed for them greatly.

From what was in the Tennessean it must have been pretty apparent to Steve Willey what was going on. This is not the first or last time that this kind of thing will happen in the format that is used by the T$$AA to get a state champion. It happens quite a bit in district tournament games when there have been upsets in the semi-finals. The 3th and 4th place game is often thrown to get the desired match-up in the regional. This kind of thing will continue to happen as long as losing teams are allowed to advance. If nothing else 4th place teams from the district tournaments should be eliminated. Last night's situation is kind of a freak because of the weather postponing the game a day and letting the teams know who their opponent would be if they won or lost. Normally, teams have no way of knowing who they will be playing because the other region is playing their championship game at the same time.