Bolivar 60, Creek Wood 33

Prosushi

Very few times in the 5 years of existence though. It's the toughest place to beat a Bolivar team that is playing bad.....let alone one doing good.

You can cut it with a knife down there......it is magic. I hate the place....it will be hot down there....much like heck for Giles Co. If you get out of there with all you brought with you.....you'll be lucky....very lucky. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I have called it a mini version of the old Boston Garden....my friends still laugh at me for that... Green bleacher seats, retired jerseys hanging on the wall, Championship Banners allover the place and yes it can get very hot in there.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your the same guy that said every opponent Bolivar played out of 11AA had a good chance to win. No disrespect but you don't have very much credibility right now. I made the statement the Harpeth was the only team with a chance (only because they had Larry Bird ) and that game wasn't even close. Good Luck next year.

Actually, Sycamore was the only team that had a chance. Unfortunately, they had a very off game against Creekwood and we didn't get to see it. For whatever reason, they didn't come out ready to play...only played one half of basketball. The players probably had a let down following the expectation of a competitive game against the unknown Chester Co. opponent. Their shots were just off against Creekwood...they could not buy a basket. But, given Sycamore, Harpeth and Creekwood playing their best games, Sycamore is a much more competitive team than the others and would have had a much closer game against Boliver and the ability to upset. However, I didn't see the Creekwood vs Boliver game. They might have had a letdown after Sycamore. Sometimes teams have off nights. Look at Tennessee. They go down to Memphis and beat the #1 team and then turn around and get beat by Vandy. If they repeat the game against Vandy, perhaps they beat them by double digits. If anything was certain in basketball...If the best team always won, you wouldn't have a need to play the game. It is a game....you win some, you lose some...the best teams and the worst. It's nice to see teams overachieve and beat better teams, but when it's tournament time, I prefer to see the best team advance rather than the luckiest, because your more apt to get a true picture of the strenght of a district. Sycamore would have been a better match up and a closer game, but that's old news. I think it would be easier to get behind a team that has a better chance, but let's support and pump up the team that is representing. I think there is nothing wrong with supporting the teams in your district, but there is no reason to knock the ones who aren't or bag on fans who support their district. There's no doubt the top teams in 11AA have the ability to compete with the top teams in 12AA, even though it is difficult to tell with the off games they had down the stretch. Good luck to the teams still playing!

Actually, Sycamore was the only team that had a chance. Unfortunately, they had a very off game against Creekwood and we didn't get to see it. For whatever reason, they didn't come out ready to play...only played one half of basketball. The players probably had a let down following the expectation of a competitive game against the unknown Chester Co. opponent. Their shots were just off against Creekwood...they could not buy a basket. But, given Sycamore, Harpeth and Creekwood playing their best games, Sycamore is a much more competitive team than the others and would have had a much closer game against Boliver and the ability to upset. However, I didn't see the Creekwood vs Boliver game. They might have had a letdown after Sycamore. Sometimes teams have off nights. Look at Tennessee. They go down to Memphis and beat the #1 team and then turn around and get beat by Vandy. If they repeat the game against Vandy, perhaps they beat them by double digits. If anything was certain in basketball...If the best team always won, you wouldn't have a need to play the game. It is a game....you win some, you lose some...the best teams and the worst. It's nice to see teams overachieve and beat better teams, but when it's tournament time, I prefer to see the best team advance rather than the luckiest, because your more apt to get a true picture of the strenght of a district. Sycamore would have been a better match up and a closer game, but that's old news. I think it would be easier to get behind a team that has a better chance, but let's support and pump up the team that is representing. I think there is nothing wrong with supporting the teams in your district, but there is no reason to knock the ones who aren't or bag on fans who support their district. There's no doubt the top teams in 11AA have the ability to compete with the top teams in 12AA, even though it is difficult to tell with the off games they had down the stretch. Good luck to the teams still playing!

uspatriot creek wood beat sycamore 2 out of 3 times this year and the 1 loss was by 2 points at sycamore. So if they had a better team they did not show it. No disrespect to sycamore. no excuses against bolivar. CW got beat start to finish and never really threatened. CW had an off night shooting, but as usual when that happens it had a lot to do with the bolivar defense.

How are you going to say Sycamore is the team that had the best chance??? Some say that Sycamore was "lucky" because they had a comeback in the district championship against Harpeth. Sycamore had the easiest road to Bolivar even over Harpeth. Harpeth had to play McNairy who is better than Chester Co. and Creekwood for that matter. Just saying that Sycamore obviously did not have the best chance against Bolivar, because they could not even beat Creek Wood. Complaining about playing Chester is not a good thing to do. You could have played JSS or McNairy. Which would not have been fun. Sycamore got the "luckiest" out of everybody in District 11aa. No offense to Waverly, but you got an easier game than Harpeth or Creekwood in the Semi's during district just because of a "lucky" flip of the coin. Sycamore started peaking at the wrong part of the season, and it was just a matter of time before they hit the ground. Just so happened it was against a Creekwood team that was peaking at the right time. Bolivar was just the better team, and won straight up. Bolivar was better than Sycamore, Creekwood, and Harpeth. Those three teams were all even this year. There is really no reason to even post who had the better chance, because they were all the same. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How are you going to say Sycamore is the team that had the best chance??? Some say that Sycamore was "lucky" because they had a comeback in the district championship against Harpeth. Sycamore had the easiest road to Bolivar even over Harpeth. Harpeth had to play McNairy who is better than Chester Co. and Creekwood for that matter. Just saying that Sycamore obviously did not have the best chance against Bolivar, because they could not even beat Creek Wood. Complaining about playing Chester is not a good thing to do. You could have played JSS or McNairy. Which would not have been fun. Sycamore got the "luckiest" out of everybody in District 11aa. No offense to Waverly, but you got an easier game than Harpeth or Creekwood in the Semi's during district just because of a "lucky" flip of the coin. Sycamore started peaking at the wrong part of the season, and it was just a matter of time before they hit the ground. Just so happened it was against a Creekwood team that was peaking at the right time. Bolivar was just the better team, and won straight up. Bolivar was better than Sycamore, Creekwood, and Harpeth. Those three teams were all even this year. There is really no reason to even post who had the better chance, because they were all the same. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It is a fact that Sycamore played their worse offensive half of basketball all year. Yes, it did come at the worst possible time. They did not make any of thier first 15 shots. Even connecting on 30% and the outcome is different, even 5%, because the end score was within 2 points until fouling came into play. And, one team beating another has nothing to do with how another team will fare against them. It has to do with many factors, but matchups are different. Waverly certainly wasn't the easiest team for Harpeth to beat this year, were they? Waverly held Giltner to zero...the only team to do so this year. I and many others just so happen to feel Sycamore had the best possibility in our district of beating Boliver...but we'll never know because they faltered before they got there, so this is about differing opinions at this point. We are all just as entitled to have them and express them as you are. Creekwood is still playing, so let's get behind them instead of being naysayers. Any team can beat any other team on any given night. The mere fact that Creekwood is still in it, says they have a possibility of winning the state championship. Why count them out before their chances run out? They have seniors playing and that goes a long way for determination, will and doing whatever it takes to stay alive....so you never know...Go CREEKWOOD!!!!

It is a fact that Sycamore played their worse offensive half of basketball all year. Yes, it did come at the worst possible time. They did not make any of thier first 15 shots. Even connecting on 30% and the outcome is different, even 5%, because the end score was within 2 points until fouling came into play. And, one team beating another has nothing to do with how another team will fare against them. It has to do with many factors, but matchups are different. Waverly certainly wasn't the easiest team for Harpeth to beat this year, were they? Waverly held Giltner to zero...the only team to do so this year. I and many others just so happen to feel Sycamore had the best possibility in our district of beating Boliver...but we'll never know because they faltered before they got there, so this is about differing opinions at this point. We are all just as entitled to have them and express them as you are. Creekwood is still playing, so let's get behind them instead of being naysayers. Any team can beat any other team on any given night. The mere fact that Creekwood is still in it, says they have a possibility of winning the state championship. Why count them out before their chances run out? They have seniors playing and that goes a long way for determination, will and doing whatever it takes to stay alive....so you never know...Go CREEKWOOD!!!!

Well I guess that is where Sycamore and Harpeth are close together. Because against Bolivar Harpeth was down by 4 at halftime then played there "worst" offensive half of basketball all year, next to the game against Waverly, but it was the whole game against them. And Kevin didnt connect with his shot all night shooting 0% from the field. Even 5% from the field and Harpeth would have beat Waverly by 10+. Do you see how that works???

Your the same guy that said every opponent Bolivar played out of 11AA had a good chance to win. No disrespect but you don't have very much credibility right now. I made the statement the Harpeth was the only team with a chance (only because they had Larry Bird ) and that game wasn't even close. Good Luck next year.

First of all Harpeth was playing without one of their top players. Second, yes, I still think that Harpeth, Creek Wood, or Sycamore could beat Bolivar this year. They didn't play good enough the nights they played. Those three teams are pretty good, but not special. Bolivar is pretty good and slightly above good. They won't win the state. Mark it.

11AA is down this year.

I appreciate your comments and if I have offended anyone I apologize. I agree to disagree....I think Middle Tn is in somewhat of a similar place that rural west tn used to be ..playing catchup to Memphis. The rural West TN teams play an entirely different style than 10 years ago..Now the emphasis is on athletecism, superior conditioning, and shooting the three.....since then the gap has been entirely closed with the Memphis area. Good luck to all the teams in your district in the future.

First of all Harpeth was playing without one of their top players. Second, yes, I still think that Harpeth, Creek Wood, or Sycamore could beat Bolivar this year. They didn't play good enough the nights they played. Those three teams are pretty good, but not special. Bolivar is pretty good and slightly above good. They won't win the state. Mark it.

11AA is down this year.

i've never seen someone so bitter.

Bolivar didn't play particularly well against the 11AA teams during the tourney, but they blew them out. I'd say bolivar would win 9 out of 10 atleast if they played on a consistent basis like they have been. If they played up to their potential, i don't see 11AA coming close.

And don't give me the whole "w/o their best player" because every team can go into the laundry list of problems. X was sick, Y was bruised up, K had the flu.

If Bolivar doesn't win state, you'll come on the boards proclaiming how you called it and Bolivar is overrated and how you are the second coming of Christ.

Just face the fact that your beloved Waverly and the rest of 11AA got worked like a part-time job in the games they played against Bolivar. Not saying they are bad teams, but they just lost to the best team in 11AA and 12AA. There's no shame in losing to a solid team.

i've never seen someone so bitter.

Bolivar didn't play particularly well against the 11AA teams during the tourney, but they blew them out. I'd say bolivar would win 9 out of 10 atleast if they played on a consistent basis like they have been. If they played up to their potential, i don't see 11AA coming close.

And don't give me the whole "w/o their best player" because every team can go into the laundry list of problems. X was sick, Y was bruised up, K had the flu.

If Bolivar doesn't win state, you'll come on the boards proclaiming how you called it and Bolivar is overrated and how you are the second coming of Christ.

Just face the fact that your beloved Waverly and the rest of 11AA got worked like a part-time job in the games they played against Bolivar. Not saying they are bad teams, but they just lost to the best team in 11AA and 12AA. There's no shame in losing to a solid team.

Well first of all, I'm not bitter. Second Bolivar won't win the state. not because I like or dislike them. I've been watching high school ball probably longer than you are old. I've been going to the state tournament for several years in a row. In fact I've enjoyed watching Bolivar play in the tournaments several times. But they are just not a championship team. That's not saying they aren't good, they are very good, they are just not championship caliber.

As far as Waverly goes, I never ever expected Waverly to beat them. They are so young and inexperienced with no height. They didn't even have a .500 record. Bolivar is the best team in region 6AA, just not going to be state champions.

Well first of all, I'm not bitter. Second Bolivar won't win the state. not because I like or dislike them. I've been watching high school ball probably longer than you are old. I've been going to the state tournament for several years in a row. In fact I've enjoyed watching Bolivar play in the tournaments several times. But they are just not a championship team. That's not saying they aren't good, they are very good, they are just not championship caliber.

As far as Waverly goes, I never ever expected Waverly to beat them. They are so young and inexperienced with no height. They didn't even have a .500 record. Bolivar is the best team in region 6AA, just not going to be state champions.

papatiger...perhaps the game has passed you by. Every statemant you made about Waverly, Harpeth, and Creek Wood in regards to those teams matchup with Bolivar were so off the mark they were laughable. It really made you look foolish and many would question if you have any real insight into highschool basketball becaus of your comments. Perhaps you see basketball thru the prism of Middle TN only...from all your comments it sure seems that way. Bolivar may or may not win the state..who knows...not sure what that has to do with anything because I'm not sure if anyone said they would win state in the first place. The truth is you want them to loose just because of what they did to your district...at least admit it.

To be clich?©d, no one gave the NYG's a chance against the Patriots because the Pats were a "championship caliber" team and the Giants weren't.

And you very well have been watching HS bball more years than I have, but that doesn't mean you are any better judge of who will win. If that were true, the ESPN crew could pick the winner every year, based on what each perceives as a championship team.