Eagleville Beats Nashville Christian!

basketballguru

NCS played the worst game of their season by far, Eagleville probably their best with the help of the referees. I saw each of the 3 refs last night cutting up with Eagleville fans. Maybe they are hunting buddies, who knows? The refs were terrible, including thier name calling to two of the NCS players. I don't believe in refs being the main ingredient in a loss, but this one was pretty close. Congratulations Nashville Christian! 31-2 and still playing is incredible. Sorry there are losers on message boards that consider themselves knowledgable when realistically they couldn't distinguish their face from their rear. And to those that believe NCS "recruited" players from public schools in Nashville, get a life, most of our players have been enrolled at NCS since elementary and middle school.

[/quote

I am not from either school, but am from the 9A district. The ref that was talking to the Eagleville fans officiated the first game. Not the second.... He would not be allowed to ref an Eagleville game because one of his girls goes there. No other ref was talking to any Eagleville fans, especially the second game..... Don't blame the refs, blame the well played defense, not being able to score off the dribble, and lack of an inside game.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NCS played the worst game of their season by far, Eagleville probably their best with the help of the referees. I saw each of the 3 refs last night cutting up with Eagleville fans. Maybe they are hunting buddies, who knows? The refs were terrible, including thier name calling to two of the NCS players. I don't believe in refs being the main ingredient in a loss, but this one was pretty close. Congratulations Nashville Christian! 31-2 and still playing is incredible. Sorry there are losers on message boards that consider themselves knowledgable when realistically they couldn't distinguish their face from their rear. And to those that believe NCS "recruited" players from public schools in Nashville, get a life, most of our players have been enrolled at NCS since elementary and middle school.

I have read this entire thread and I can't find a single comment about NCS "recruiting" players. In another thread about your school someone asked if privates have a advantage over publics and why???? I gave my opion that the talent base is bigger in Metro areas than rural K-12 schools with 300 kids total!!!!!!!! I have never, nor would I ever say NCS recruited player!!!!!!! I don't know anything about this school or its players!!!!! They have had a great year because they are still playing!!!!!! However, your fans feel I should be "slapped"in another thread!!!!

Whatever, good luck to all!!!

quote from Community Hero:I am not from either school, but am from the 9A district. The ref that was talking to the Eagleville fans officiated the first game. Not the second.... He would not be allowed to ref an Eagleville game because one of his girls goes there. No other ref was talking to any Eagleville fans, especially the second game..... Don't blame the refs, blame the well played defense, not being able to score off the dribble, and lack of an inside game.

im pretty sure that an unwriten rule of reffing is do not ref with emotion and that is exactly what those refs did on thursday.....they were pretty horrible....they didnt cost us the game but they were bad.... when you are refifng, player fouls should be the last thing on your mind! however, before the ref even got to the scorers table to put in Anderson's 5th foul he knew that he was out and told Anderson to get out of the game.....if thats not bogus refing i dont know what is!

bighurt, are you going to lynchburg monday

or will you be at cpa's home game?

as for ncs, anyone attributing their success to being a private stockpiling athletes

is way off the mark. pretty much every single a team is a little short of loaded

with every asset you need to have a perfect team

(thats what makes single a so much fun)

and ncs is far from the most athletic team even in single a.

they have outstanding basketball players

and play the game beautifully.

coach a is as good as anyone around at covering his deficiencies

and making the game hinge around his strengths.

that said, it is always a challenge when you are way outsized.

moore co is a lot like ncs.

great basketball players more than raw athleticism

and very well coached.

it should be a quite entertaining game.

i assume it will be played up at the JC

i dont think i'd want to go to a substate game in that blue shoebox.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" umm HOLD UP! first off congrats to eagleville................. and iono who you think you are .. or what your tryin to prove but i didn't find it too hilarious when the RUDE words were typed " i dont think id want to go to a substate game in that blue shoebox" well i guess today's your lucky day cuz its bein played at motlow!! ... how much more disrespectful can you get! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Some where enrolled at Brentwood Academy at the first of their senior year. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

First of all everyone that gets even a reasonable amount of playing time for NCS has been there since 7th grade or before..Even Elkins he went there all his life then transfered to BA his sophmore year, then decided to come back to NCS his senior year.. He definently was not recruited, he pays tuition like everyone else... And Coach Anderson has way too much class to even come close to doing something like that anyway.

jojo12, can you count? one, "not some", was enrolled there. And to whoever made the comment about the refs talkin to Eagleville fans, it may have been the 1st game as well, but the refs were talkin to the fans during the SECOND game. Thanks for making another pointless comment...

ACTUALLY this was a very fair game and the ref's werent for either team!! Eaglevilles defense was AMAZING!! nelson and wilson played a great game!! this was def a fair win!! Hunting buddies?? Ha ok!! Both teams played great and NCS was a hard team to beat but we did it!! Good job guys!!

more co 8,

sorry, no intent to offend.

i just meant that your home gym would be too small for a substate game.

esp with these two teams. you both have big, loud, crowds.

apparently your school admin agrees.

thanks so much!! yeh its not our school admin, they kinda have no choice but to agree with the rules?!?! so quick question.. are you gonna be part of one of these "big, loud crowds" ???? oh and ncs better bring there student section!!!!!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

thanks so much!! yeh its not our school admin, they kinda have no choice but to agree with the rules?!?! so quick question.. are you gonna be part of one of these "big, loud crowds" ???? oh and ncs better bring there student section!!!!!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

NCS is definently bring their student section..It will be as big or bigger than usaul..along with the crowd