Antioch v. Hillsboro

nununu

Antioch once again mowed through another region opponent in route to their first region championship. But it proved costly when da Bears 6th man got ejected from the game. He will miss the next two games. My question is why didn't any one from Hillsboro get ejected? During the confrontation, a player from Hillsboro left the bench. In most levels, this is an automatic ejection, if I am not mistaken. I won't expound on much else, just good luck to both teams in the substate.

Antioch once again mowed through another region opponent in route to their first region championship. But it proved costly when da Bears 6th man got ejected from the game. He will miss the next two games. My question is why didn't any one from Hillsboro get ejected? During the confrontation, a player from Hillsboro left the bench. In most levels, this is an automatic ejection, if I am not mistaken. I won't expound on much else, just good luck to both teams in the substate.

Well, I can say that I am not surprised, after blasting Franklin in the semi's the Antioch kids acted up a little bit with some taunting and unneccesary gestures. We've got a talented team in Antioch, very talented, but if you act like that you are gonna pay the price somewhere down the line. The suspensions from what I understand are based on the "refs judgement". Usually the 2nd offender gets caught, act right and this will not happen. Discipline could cause this super talented team to falter, that would be a shame!

Well, I can say that I am not surprised, after blasting Franklin in the semi's the Antioch kids acted up a little bit with some taunting and unneccesary gestures. We've got a talented team in Antioch, very talented, but if you act like that you are gonna pay the price somewhere down the line. The suspensions from what I understand are based on the "refs judgement". Usually the 2nd offender gets caught, act right and this will not happen. Discipline could cause this super talented team to falter, that would be a shame!

Metro Ballin I really don't know what game you were watching but definately wasn't the Franklin vs. Antioch game. So now a team is not allowed to celebrate. As for refs judgement it was due to the refs calling the worse lopsided game I have ever seen. Hillsboro played man to man defense and only collected a game total of 6 fouls, the refs allowed the game to get out of hand. Call a fair and close game, and the incidents like last night want occur. As for team discipline, I think you need to check Hillsboro's coach because he had more than one player leave the bench and come out on the floor and taunt other Antioch players. As for Discipline causing this team to falter, don't bet on it. We have a list of HATERS and we are checking them off as we go. Don't HATE JUST CONGRATULATE!

I was an unbiased fan at the Antioch vs Hillsboro game last night. Here are a few observations.

- Antioch is the most athletic team I have seen this season. Tahj Wells and Michael McAdoo could be the best post combination in the mid state in the last 10 years.

- The officiating, or lack thereof, was the main contributing factor to the game getting out of hand in the 2nd half. The calls were terribly inconsistent. A hand check on one end would be called but a two handed shove or a blatant elbow on the other end would go unnoticed. There was pushing and shoving going on, but it was because the officials lost control of the game.

- If the Antioch player deserved to be ejected, so did the player from Hillsboro! However, when a player is ejected he is supposed to be sent to the locker room. The ejected player remained on the bench the rest of the game.

Antioch is supremely talented and athletic. We will see how they fare against Wilson Central on Monday night. It will be much closer than their game against Hillsboro.

I went to the game last night and I can honestly say that the refs did a horrible job of policing the action. The ref that threw Clarke out just stood there while the chest bumping and trash talking was going on. If he would have just stepped in like a good ref would have, he could have thrown the double tech and everybody goes to the bench for a minute and cools off. Antioch gets a bad rap at times, some of it warrented, but from what I saw, it was just a little trash talk gone wrong. No blows were thrown that I could see. And none of Nollner's kids left the bench. The only Antioch kid that came out, was a sub who was already at the scorer's table and coming in at the dead ball.

Nollner has done a good job of really instilling some discipline into his bunch. One kid got caught up in the moment a little bit, but McAdoo, Upton, and particularly Wells just look like that are having a good time out there.

I certainly don't think that kid should have to miss two games for that. And how the Hillsboro kid got off scott free is beyond me.

What I cannot seem to understand is why no one on this post states the fact that a person reacts to something done to him or her. It amazes me that nothing gets mentioned about the Franklin kid that got in the Antioch players face, twice on two back to back plays (with no fouls called). No one mentioned anything on this post about the bows that the Hillsboro player was throwing before the confrontation was done, or the fact that he was doing it all night (No fouls called) and players looking directly in the Referee face and cursing at them in regards to fouls called (that is a TECH ) again No fouls called.

When you have referees that allow that type of game to be played (by not calling fouls) then that is usually the result you get in any Sport. That is what they get paid to do and they need to do their job. If the hosting facilities would start turning these awful officiated games in to the TSAA then maybe something would get done, but until it happens, this will continue to happen.

It is hard for any team or individual person to loose anything that means so much to them, but just as hurtful as the loss is the joy of the win is of equal emotion.

What would be the reasoning behind any winning team to start controversy? There is none. Therefore??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦.