central dominates York

guncle

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CENTRAL'S BENCH WAS TO DEEP FOR YORK TONIGHT.. I do think that York's starters matched up well against Centrals but when Central started to rotate the players and give the starters a rest.. York kept the starters in the whole game till the end when they started fouling out. When the bench players came in for York they did a good job.. Great win for Central..............

Central dominates York with Central winning by 20. York had three starters foul out in the fourth. Go Chargerettes!!!

Bench depth and tempo decided this game. I know some of the York faithful will hollar about officiating, but that definitely didn't get them beat. A lot of Central girls got knocked to the floor and no calls were made, so don't go there. You were out hustled, and have never seen defense like you saw tonight. Go Chargerettes, we are proud of you!!

Congrats to York on a fine season. Sorry to hear you are out, I was looking forward to cheering you on in the Boro. I look forward to the heated battles next year!!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Great season kids.

Bench depth and tempo decided this game. I know some of the York faithful will hollar about officiating, but that definitely didn't get them beat. A lot of Central girls got knocked to the floor and no calls were made, so don't go there. You were out hustled, and have never seen defense like you saw tonight. Go Chargerettes, we are proud of you!!

"don't go there"??? "never seen defense like you saw tonight"???

Be proud, not cocky.......

defense what defense your girls didnt play defense u shouldnt have been in the gym when york got out to a 5-0 lead and then the next trip down for mcminn they called 3 fouls in a row on york yes that was great defense . 22 york fouls in the second half to mcminns 5 fouls when you guys full court pressured i dont think so. Those 3 officials the 2 blacks ones were awful and the white one wasnt that great either where did u find those boys down the road in etowah, you probably did i wouldnt have cared if you would have beaten us by20 with it being officiated the correct way if them boys were the best officiating crew you boys have got then east tennessee officiating is so pitiful.Gatorbill u better be glad you hit that game winning shot against us in the region because if you would have had to endure what we did tonight upperman would have also lost by 20 them refs knew who was going to win that game before they ever stepped inside the gym tonight. Mcminn one last thing for your domination where was that full court pressure at tonight we were disappointed our girls run right through your full court presssure like it wasnt even there, oh and yes i just forgot you cant take those sorry officals with you to murfreesboro because they will probably not have a job after tonight anyways.....thanks for the 150 mile screwing because if we were going to get messed around like that we would have just stayed home.

I understand that York fans are upset at the loss. But, don't even start on the calling. York girls were getting away with some pretty serious contact. One Central player was knocked to the floor at mid way through the third and did come back in. Another Central player had her mouth busted, but was able to come back. I didn't see any York girls picking themselves up off the floor after being shoved down. As for the foul count. York girls were just getting tired and were out of position on defense by the middle of the third, that's why the foul count was one sided. You can't keep the same 5 girls in for the whole game and expect them to stay in good defensive position. York girls played hard. They didn't quite. And they have had a good year. But, tonight they played a better team. As for the refs. The state sends them from outside the two regions that are involved in the game. In fact, they were late getting to the game because they got lost. Not only do they not know where Central is or who we are, they don't care.

As for Central girls.....Good job. We'll be watching you all in the state. We're proud of you.

Anyone in that gym tonight would HAVE to agree with that. They were definetly taken care of McMinn.

There were no calls on BOTH sides. Why is it when any of the mid tenn teams come to visit and they lose its always the officiating? Maybe just maybe the other team is better and DEEPER. Yes, there is a home court advantage, that's why you are supposed to play hard in the region champsionship-so you don't have to travel . York's problem was they played the same 5 girls as long as they could with no subs. They were tired and unable to be where thay needed to be on defense-that's why the fouls were called. Whatever poster suggested that the refs were local apparently knows nothing about how things work at this level. FYI, they send refs from an assoc outside of the two teams.

I understand that York fans are upset at the loss. But, don't even start on the calling. York girls were getting away with some pretty serious contact. One Central player was knocked to the floor at mid way through the third and did come back in. Another Central player had her mouth busted, but was able to come back. I didn't see any York girls picking themselves up off the floor after being shoved down. As for the foul count. York girls were just getting tired and were out of position on defense by the middle of the third, that's why the foul count was one sided. You can't keep the same 5 girls in for the whole game and expect them to stay in good defensive position. York girls played hard. They didn't quite. And they have had a good year. But, tonight they played a better team. As for the refs. The state sends them from outside the two regions that are involved in the game. In fact, they were late getting to the game because they got lost. Not only do they not know where Central is or who we are, they don't care.

As for Central girls.....Good job. We'll be watching you all in the state. We're proud of you.

Well said Thug! IF you understand basketball, you know you can't play to that tempo with 5 players and no subs. Be realistic, York was tired midway through the second qtr and started reaching instead of moving the feet to get position. Central spread the floor in the second half and let the guards penetrate again when York showed they were leg weary, and again a lot of reaching and grabbing calls were made. As for the refs, no one has ever seen these guys before, don't even know where they came from. The Central girls are not 31-2 for nothing, give them some credit!!! And by the way, Central's only two losses were to AAA Cleveland who destroyed Lebanon last night and to AAA a 27-6 Maryville Heritage team that was upset in their region. Have some respect folks.

Went to the game just to watch a good basketball game and I'm not from Central. The refs are from one of the Knoxville associations. I thought they did a good job. Iwould agree that they could've called McMinn a little more for hand checking but they could've done the same on York. I knew while I was there that York fans would be upset with officiating but honestly the difference in fouls comes down to one thing. That was York not being able to stop the dribble penetration of Kylie Lambert plain and simple. McMinn ran their 4 play and Kylie went one on one almost every play in the second half and she was fouled or scored the girls from York couldn't stop her. officials are going to protect shooters. Plus attacking the basket puts pressure on the refs. York shot a lot of 3's as well.