Stone Memorial v. Upperman

setinstone

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coaches only real problem is she tries to over coach at t-time.she wants to call every shot and this usually gives defense time to get set and rest. Upperman has the ability (when the post takes a break) to sub in a very fast fifth person and play run and gun. But like I said tourney time we always pull off what brought us and over analize the game. Sometimes a girl hits a cold spot in the game it's time to try something else. But the coach will run and run and run a dead play until victory is out of sight. This happened in the first york game and has happened for years sometimes you should trust your players. Many times I have seen her pull someone who hit's 3 or 4 shots straight because that was not what SHE wanted to run. She needs to realize she is not playing the game and make corrections much faster. These kids can run the lanes faster than anyone I've watched but sometimes that will get you benched. I would really hate to win!?!?

That is all true.

But think about it when they went to finals in State "A" against Gleason. (She did not adjust) I am sorry you have to put your Best defensive player against the best player in the state whom went to Vanderbilt or you have to change to a better defense set. And last year against Austin East she did not pull out of the press until the fourth quarter. Everyone in the stands saw that you could not press them in the First quarter of play. Maybe it will be better this time. Adjusting is not easy for her it seems.

I wish all the girls the best of luck this week. Play hard the rest will follow.

Go Lady Bees!

Well its been a year since my last post and i was hoping to make it one more week. It's not happening as you can see. This is my coach and some of yours that you're making these comments about. Last year in arguably the toughest district in the state, she won the reg season, district tourney, region and lost in the semifinals to the state champions. This year has brought the same results up to this point. I will take my chances with MY COACH that this years ending will be even sweeter. Coach has made more adustments this year than ever before. In the distict tourney game against LA started off man and the first two possesions we got beat to the basket only to have what some of you call a slow post block two layups. After that she switched to multiple zones and team went on to win. Same thing in the in the championship with york. As far as our post player add the stats most all blocks were layups. That would be two points each see what the scoreboard says then. This years team is solid all across the bench which includes the coach. They didn't get to this point with one or two players or one coach. It's a great team and i'm proud to be going to the Boro with the coach that brought us. GOOOOO BEEEEEEES

The coaches only real problem is she tries to over coach at t-time.she wants to call every shot and this usually gives defense time to get set and rest. Upperman has the ability (when the post takes a break) to sub in a very fast fifth person and play run and gun. But like I said tourney time we always pull off what brought us and over analize the game. Sometimes a girl hits a cold spot in the game it's time to try something else. But the coach will run and run and run a dead play until victory is out of sight. This happened in the first york game and has happened for years sometimes you should trust your players. Many times I have seen her pull someone who hit's 3 or 4 shots straight because that was not what SHE wanted to run. She needs to realize she is not playing the game and make corrections much faster. These kids can run the lanes faster than anyone I've watched but sometimes that will get you benched. I would really hate to win!?!?

I watched Upperman play five times this year. I did not pull for them to win since they were playing York and Livingston. I can tell you that I have a lot of respect for the coach and the players. They will be playing Stone, another team that I have seen play several times this year. I will be pulling for Upperman. If they loose, it will not be the fault of the coach. Most people that I have talked to respect the coach. #14 is a supper player.

Well its been a year since my last post and i was hoping to make it one more week. It's not happening as you can see. This is my coach and some of yours that you're making these comments about. Last year in arguably the toughest district in the state, she won the reg season, district tourney, region and lost in the semifinals to the state champions. This year has brought the same results up to this point. I will take my chances with MY COACH that this years ending will be even sweeter. Coach has made more adustments this year than ever before. In the distict tourney game against LA started off man and the first two possesions we got beat to the basket only to have what some of you call a slow post block two layups. After that she switched to multiple zones and team went on to win. Same thing in the in the championship with york. As far as our post player add the stats most all blocks were layups. That would be two points each see what the scoreboard says then. This years team is solid all across the bench which includes the coach. They didn't get to this point with one or two players or one coach. It's a great team and i'm proud to be going to the Boro with the coach that brought us. GOOOOO BEEEEEEES

We are exact opposites in one regard: I post here too often. hahahaha

But it appears we are thinking alike when it comes to basketball. It took me a while to get here today, or you may have been able to make it one more week. I was just about to post pretty much the same thing you did. But maybe not as technically correct. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

[EDIT]

OK, I gave ya'll enough time to read my novel, now it is time for the cliff notes version:

I think this team has come a long ways since the beginning of the year. They have had to adjust to losing some very key players to graduation, and they have had to try to figure out just what roles they need to take as individuals to make this a better team.

I think the three headed monster of Davis/Dyer/Maynard has matured very well. They are all BIGTIME players. And as long as they recognize when they need to step up, this team will go far.

Biles and Roberts have been the biggest keys so far in my mind. Biles needs to understand that at every moment she needs to be a scoring threat, or her defender will slack off and we are playing 4 on 5. She is doing a great job of doing that since the first York game. (Good coaching is what got her there, btw) Roberts stepped up her game, and has been a huge factor in how the last half of the season has went.

The Watson kid was sorely missed in that Regional Final game against York. Tough, tough ballplayer. And you cant lay off her cause she will stick a 3dinger in your eye.

This has been a season of evolution. Players have had to figure out where they belong, and how they help the team the most.

And finally, as I was told one day at work..while bs'ing about girls basketball, "the three best basketball players to ever graduate from Upperman HS are sitting on one end of that bench, every game. There is more knowledge and experience on that bench than on any single bench in the district" I do not know if this is 100% accurate, but it was from an "outsider", and I am going to believe it until proven wrong.

Once again, I hope I didnt sound like I was kissing up....cause I hate that. But I think that is a fair assessment.

GO BEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Upperman have too many weapons for stone memorial to defend. upperman wins this one by 15.

good luck to both teams. may all the young ladies be injury free.

GO BEEEEEEEEEEE SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSss

WHOSE GOT IT GOING ON? THE LADY BEES GOT IT GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I expect Lashay, Karissa, Jennifer to have a huge night. OF course, the lady bees will all step up and play.

I think that I might stay and watch the lady bees tomorrow. gator,hope to see you.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Way to go gator, First novel on coacht and I thought i was the sappy one lol /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

No, joke good assement...Just want to tell all of upperman JC fan's will be routing you on....well, I know my crew will.... Love to hear GOOOOOO BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEssss!! Good luck to you!!!

GO BEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Upperman have too many weapons for stone memorial to defend. upperman wins this one by 15.

good luck to both teams. may all the young ladies be injury free.

GO BEEEEEEEEEEE SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSss

WHOSE GOT IT GOING ON? THE LADY BEES GOT IT GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I expect Lashay, Karissa, Jennifer to have a huge night. OF course, the lady bees will all step up and play.

I think that I might stay and watch the lady bees tomorrow. gator,hope to see you.

I think Im going back to my trusty "lucky jacket" tomorrow. I didnt wear it on Saturday and man, I was not comfortable at all!!!! I talked with MrsGatorBill earlier tonight and I think we will make it down there to see the JC game as well.

(I have to talk lilGatorBill down off the ledge though, cause she is not a big fan of any team that has beat the Bees hahahahaha.. She is pretty intense, but she will be ok by gametime!!)

I look forward to see you there. Be nice to tMrs!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Way to go gator, First novel on coacht and I thought i was the sappy one lol /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

No, joke good assement...Just want to tell all of upperman JC fan's will be routing you on....well, I know my crew will.... Love to hear GOOOOOO BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEssss!! Good luck to you!!!

oh, I can be SUPER SAPPY!!! hahahaha. I might have to delete that thread before MrsCoach reads it. I dont want anyone to think I am kissing up!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssss!!!

oh, I can be SUPER SAPPY!!! hahahaha. I might have to delete that thread before MrsCoach reads it. I dont want anyone to think I am kissing up!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssss!!!

So, the being nice to the mrs.. mean I have to be good?? I promise not to tell her about ya well i won't say on hear hahhah just kidding...far as kissing up you better get some chap stick for those lips...I told ya about all that politic'n you are supposed to kiss the babies and shake the mothers hands not the other way around...see ya bright and early.........