Henry county and the rest of 7-4a

the prophet

HC is no joke. It is not our fault that we are put in this WEAK region. We only lost to Munford when we were just starting to get things rolling here. We now have it rolling and it is a weak region. The only hard games for us next season are Dickson (they are 5A and always a rival game), Melrose (should have lost this one last year, but we got a big break), the semis vs Hillsboro or someone from Nashville and then Maryville in the championship!! Hate to state the truth, but that is the truth. If we get through Melrose then we have a date in the semis and this year we get over the hump /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Bold statement for April.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patriot fans seem to totally disregard the fact that, Hillsboro or Maplewood have to beat some one from our region to play you all, I think Clarksville and Kenwood and Mt. Juliet were all better than Henry County last season and will be again this season. I would think that Melrose will whip that butt for the Patriots long before the Knights will have that chance.

You are right about the fact that the Nashville region has to beat someone from your region, before we play them. That's what they do every year. We have been to the semi-finals for two years in a row and three times in the last 15 years. How many times have those three schools been there? We have beaten Melrose two years in a row. When is the last time those three "football powers" from your region beat Melrose? I think Fairley would destroy your three "football powers". Your region needs to stick to basketball, where they are at least a little competitive.

1. Henry county

2. Northside

3. Hardin county

4. Liberty

5. Munford

6. Brighton

7. J.C.M. ( I believe can finish anywhere in the bottom 4 if the coach can do well getting these kids motivation back up, they always has talent, and if can apply that talent to the field they may not finish in last place. )

( Since I believe there will not be much contention I won't speak to much on Henry county. )

I don't think this region will be as easy to win as people think. I do believe that Henry county will in the end win the region but games in this region will be a lot closer, than most think and will be close games for fans. In my list I believe at least the top four teams if not the rest bring back a lot of talent. Northside as we know has a great running back, and bring back a good amount of experience to this year's team. Hardin county I believe has a lot of talent returning as well. Liberty does have a lot of talent has big players and a pretty good running back. Munford and Brighton both have talented players and will look to improve more this season. J.C.M. has good athletes all over the field from the line to the backfield and the secondary on defense. If they get a good coach who will apply some discipline and this could be a good team. And since seeing that their problems are not really their players I think if they can fix those needs all depending on the coach then they can get back in the mix of the region as soon as this year.

So I believe after maybe the top three this region is up for grabs and there is no sure thing in how this region will turn out.

Bold statement for April.

Not really with what we have coming back. We will go 10-0 and then kill someone from Memphis then play Fairley and we own them, then Melrose in the third and semis against Hillsboro or whoever beats them. Almost made it last year and we have our Big guns back for another season.

I think that you sell the region a little short. I think that Hardin County is always pretty good. Northside will be tough to beat next year. Munford should be improved and Brighton will be talented. Liberty is full of talent and on the rise. If the Henry County team and coaches feel as you do, then we will be in for a long season. I agree that Dickson will always be tough and Westview is obviously a challenge. How can you say that we SHOULD have lost the Melrose game? While the play where we returned the fumble for a touchdown may have been a near miracle, the lateral call against us and the recovery and return was a terrible call by the officials that gave them a GIFT touchdown and a 20-0 lead. At the very least, the game was a tie that we would have in overtime because we had the momentum and they could not stop us late in the game.

I didn't mean anything bad when I said "should have lost Melrose game" I was just refering to a huge break, but I remember my coach telling us that good teams make their own breaks, so I know that is what happened. I remember leaving the stadium that night telling people that we would go to Murfreesboro because teams need some luck along the way. But I think it will make our boys even more /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> and we can get there this year. I'm still along for the ride. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Not really with what we have coming back. We will go 10-0 and then kill someone from Memphis then play Fairley and we own them, then Melrose in the third and semis against Hillsboro or whoever beats them. Almost made it last year and we have our Big guns back for another season.

Injuries etc. play a major roll in making it all the way.

JCM will have a new coach...a new attitude...and will begin the road to recovery...and the road to return to competitiveness. The answer to your questions are yes...and yes. Try answering the YANKER's question...when was the last time HC got to the finals??? We both know the answer!!! Therefore, be careful in your predictions...before a single game has been played...thus avoiding looking like a fool...which is par for the course for you!!! Why can't HC beat a 2A school??? I answered your questions...try answering mine!!! I am no more willing to concede the game between HC and JCM...than you are willing to concede the next semi-final game HC plays in. The difference is that JCM has beaten HC in the past...HC has NEVER won a semi-final game!!!!! By the way...JCM has!!! Go find a forum where you can win at least ONE argument...the YANKER is starting to pity you!!! I AM THE "ALWAYS CORRECT" YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has JCM named a new head coach yet?

• 1 month later...

Well sounds like it's all wrapped up in May. What a season and congrats on that championship won in the spring! Believe me, we all know that Henry is talented and should win the region but unfortunately sometimes playing on the field is a little different than the message boards.

Someone asked about Munford, extremely young and hard to tell what may happen. More size and a little more athletic but a mix of "Juniors and Sophs to be". Randle and staff are on board and continue to work them hard. Injuries could play a pretty big role with so much youth. Of course, those will play a role for all of the teams so we'll just wait and see....

To the less boastful HC folks, it is indeed good to see everyone back. I'm happy there is some spring football so we can at least think about another season. HC is #1 until someone beats them and that will be a tough job for the rest of the region.

Good Luck to all of the region teams!

Well sounds like it's all wrapped up in May. What a season and congrats on that championship won in the spring! Believe me, we all know that Henry is talented and should win the region but unfortunately sometimes playing on the field is a little different than the message boards.

Someone asked about Munford, extremely young and hard to tell what may happen. More size and a little more athletic but a mix of "Juniors and Sophs to be". Randle and staff are on board and continue to work them hard. Injuries could play a pretty big role with so much youth. Of course, those will play a role for all of the teams so we'll just wait and see....

To the less boastful HC folks, it is indeed good to see everyone back. I'm happy there is some spring football so we can at least think about another season. HC is #1 until someone beats them and that will be a tough job for the rest of the region.

Good Luck to all of the region teams!

We don't need any sarcasm from Munford, of all places. You just need to tend to your recruiting in Memphis. As far as Henry County "boasting" is concerned; Munford wrote the book on that topic a couple of years ago. To hear your people over there talk, Munford had the only coaches with any brains and your players were pitiful, but the coaches made them great in 2006. It was sickening to read you all talk about yourselves. As far as we are concerned, we have nothing to boast about. From what I have seen in practice, we won't be able to stop a ggod offensive team. We have big holes to fill on defense and I have seen no one step up to do so. If we don't improve big time, we will have to score 50 points a week to win. This team is not #1 because they haven't won a single game.

I have seen no major improvement on the Patriot defense since my last post. My feeling is if Wilson Central is very good on offense, it will be a long day come scrimmage time. I think the Patriots will have a very good team but the defense will be down a notch, and the offense, while good, will not be as good as last year. They can still win a lot of games, go deep in the playoffs, and maybe even win it all, but this is what I believe, based upon what I have seen.

We don't need any sarcasm from Munford, of all places. You just need to tend to your recruiting in Memphis. As far as Henry County "boasting" is concerned; Munford wrote the book on that topic a couple of years ago. To hear your people over there talk, Munford had the only coaches with any brains and your players were pitiful, but the coaches made them great in 2006. It was sickening to read you all talk about yourselves. As far as we are concerned, we have nothing to boast about. From what I have seen in practice, we won't be able to stop a ggod offensive team. We have big holes to fill on defense and I have seen no one step up to do so. If we don't improve big time, we will have to score 50 points a week to win. This team is not #1 because they haven't won a single game.

I didn't recognize any sarcasm...What lines are you reading between? You really need to get over 06. You lost! You made up for it in 07. Didn't hear any screaming from Munford then. I think the poster simply was giving you what information he had. Munford will be young and according to Coach Randall will be starting only 2 seniors on both offense and defense. Don't take that as some pre-season excuse. They'll be out playing hard and we'll see what happens. I do think that Munford's future is down the road though. Building programs don't happen overnight as you people well know. Either way...Don't worry about others...Just take care of your business up there and you'll be fine!