Henry county and the rest of 7-4a

the prophet

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year's offense may have been the best in Henry County history. This year's will not be as good. The offensive line has a LONG way to go and there is no one I see to replace Nick Russell. He rushed for almost 1000 yards and may have been as important as anyone to the offense in the big games. The defensive line has shown NOTHING this spring except that the defensive backfield will likely lead the team in tackles.

Evidently, you haven't noticed #25... not only will he "replace" Nick Russell (nothing against Nick - truly a wonderful back last year) but will probably outperform him. Yeah, some of the OL is new but the right side is as strong as last year and w/Josh Clark at center... whew.... don't think the OL has a "long way to go". Yeah, the DL is in question but the same comments were being made about the D last year at this time. We will see more tonight!

Evidently, you haven't noticed #25... not only will he "replace" Nick Russell (nothing against Nick - truly a wonderful back last year) but will probably outperform him. Yeah, some of the OL is new but the right side is as strong as last year and w/Josh Clark at center... whew.... don't think the OL has a "long way to go". Yeah, the DL is in question but the same comments were being made about the D last year at this time. We will see more tonight!

I have noticed #25 at practice. I do not know his name but he is a hard runner. He is a totally different style runner from Russell and he doesn't play the same position as Russell. At least they are not using him there right now. He is good but not in Russell's league right now. The defensive line is a HUGE problem, at least in practice. We can't get to Murfreesboro unless they make a big turnaround.

Congratulations on the offers...that is something that JCM is accustomed to. The YANKER thinks that you would be well advised to concern yourself with winning the region,,,as opposed to counting on Murfreesboro in December...you do have a few region contests staring you in the face...don't you??? I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who from JCM is playing D 1 ball and for who? Just curious.

I think the D line will be well by season start. There are several injuries. Now since baseball is finished, we have some players who will be getting ready for the season. Also, we are losing players to not enough credits. That is so lame. It is effecting a lot of the team because football is 1 credit when football is year round. It should get two credits! My brother might have to quit next year and he really doesn't want to. I mean his grades are almost perfect and this credit disaster with football could stop him from graduating. Anyways, can't wait til the scrimmage. Let's Go BIG RED!

Also, we are losing players to not enough credits. That is so lame. It is effecting a lot of the team because football is 1 credit when football is year round. It should get two credits! My brother might have to quit next year and he really doesn't want to. I mean his grades are almost perfect and this credit disaster with football could stop him from graduating.

What planet are you from??? A class of football be worth 2 credits?? This can't happen. TSSAA says you can't give credit for practicing during the school day, so what are you going to do to deserve these two credits? There is no way a person has "almost perfect" grades and then he would have to quit football. Sounds to me like "almost" means he is failing some classes. Come back to planent earth and the state of Tennessee /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What planet are you from??? A class of football be worth 2 credits?? This can't happen. TSSAA says you can't give credit for practicing during the school day, so what are you going to do to deserve these two credits? There is no way a person has "almost perfect" grades and then he would have to quit football. Sounds to me like "almost" means he is failing some classes. Come back to planent earth and the state of Tennessee /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What he says is true. My son played another sport at the high school but its all the same. You get credit for the offseason conditioning but not the season. Henry County requires more credits for graduation than most schools and even if you are a straight A student, you can come up short on credits. If you play more than one sport, it is more of a problem. You could be forced to take a class during the last period of the day, while everyone else is practicing. It shouldn't be a problem for most athletes, but could be for some.

1. HENRY COUNTY

2. Jackson Northside

3. Liberty

4. Hardin County

5. Brighton

6. Munford

7. jcm

Henry County by far is the team to beat. Even with their losses to graduation Teague and Allen will be hard for anyone to stop. If they lose a regular season game this year it will be early before they get a chance to come together as a unit. Northside, with Mann returning will finish second if he stays healthy. Liberty is the up and comer. The QB was a freshmen last year is a talent and will only be better this year. Look for them to be much improved and give Northside a run for their money but I feel they're a year away. Hardin County is extremely well coached and will bring in the fourth spot with sound defense and just enough offense with the exit of Shutt. Brighton misses out again on the post season with the graduation of their big running back and line. Munford, to young this year. Graduation of key players can't be replaced this year. Munford will be a year or two away from any kind of run. jcm lock on last. Based on last years talent level they are a bad inner city Memphis team. That's how I see it. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

1. HENRY COUNTY

2. Jackson Northside

3. Liberty

4. Hardin County

5. Brighton

6. Munford

7. jcm

Henry County by far is the team to beat. Even with their losses to graduation Teague and Allen will be hard for anyone to stop. If they lose a regular season game this year it will be early before they get a chance to come together as a unit. Northside, with Mann returning will finish second if he stays healthy. Liberty is the up and comer. The QB was a freshmen last year is a talent and will only be better this year. Look for them to be much improved and give Northside a run for their money but I feel they're a year away. Hardin County is extremely well coached and will bring in the fourth spot with sound defense and just enough offense with the exit of Shutt. Brighton misses out again on the post season with the graduation of their big running back and line. Munford, to young this year. Graduation of key players can't be replaced this year. Munford will be a year or two away from any kind of run. jcm lock on last. Based on last years talent level they are a bad inner city Memphis team. That's how I see it. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

I would agree with your top two but I would put your team in the top four. I agree that Henry County will be hard to stop but they have a long way to go to get to last year's level. What do you know about Melrose, Fairley, and Kingsbury?

I would agree with your top two but I would put your team in the top four. I agree that Henry County will be hard to stop but they have a long way to go to get to last year's level. What do you know about Melrose, Fairley, and Kingsbury?

Melrose is Melrose they will be full of talent very good on defense and slow starters on offense. That doesn't mean much to you guys because you don't face them until 2nd round or so and by then they'll have a lot of their problems worked out just as you will. Fairley is a up and comer they seem to be closing the gap with Melrose more and more each year. I believe they are replacing East as the challenger to Melrose for the top spot in the region. I believe the difference between the two will be who is sharpest the night they play. Kingsbury is interesting. Rumor has it that the running back may have left for Melrose. I don't remember his name, I guess I should for he had a mile and half of rushing yards against us, but I do know the big tight end graduated along with several other key players. So I believe Kingsbury is a question mark.

To reply that we belong in the top four. We very well could be, but there are so many question marks with such a young inexperienced team that to place us in the top four is just not realistic. Anyone who knows football will agree that replacing a three year starting QB will not be easy. Add replacing over 35 seniors in a two year period with six seniors this year. To say we're youthful is like saying Custer had a bad day.