Kayla Christopher

goosevol

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol yall just still cant accept the fact that the lady dawgs knocked you out of the region 2-a title... you have to GIVE CREDIT where credit is due... scoreboard said wartburg won /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Wartburg won 1 games this year against Oliver Springs. Oliver Springs won 2 games against Wartburg this year.

Wartburg's win against Oliver Springs was it's biggest win in school history. Oliver Springs's two wins against Wartburg this year doesn't even register in the top 100 to 200 in OSHS's storied tradition.

And now you know.

Come on OS91 you usually have your facts right on the money, but you are wrong. OS beat Wartburg three times this year. Remember the district tournament title game.

My bad.

I'm slipping up.

All jokes aside, props to Wartburg. It looks like the team hit all cylinders and was a completely different team the 2nd half of the year compared to the first half.

Beating OS and playing a pretty good game against Jackson County is no small feat.

Wartburg definitely peaked at the right time and they earned their win over OS. Now they've got to replace a lot of talent, but I'm sure getting to Murfreesboro will help motivate the players coming back.

You guys are both right... lol thanks for the credit os91... and i never said it would happen again next yr catmommy.. but look for a wartburg turnaround in the next three years /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> its been a great season cant wait till next yr. see ya in November

I'm not 100% certain that Wartburg won't be difficult to beat come tourney time again.

Remember they return an excellent PG in Armes and an extremely good Forward in Fountain.

Those are 2 pretty good building blocks to try and re-build around. If the Freels girl comes around this off season she could be a great defender and rebounder.

That leaves 2 spots and I doubt that it will be hard to find 2 guards in Wartburg. They are all over the place /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Also, they could get a couple of transfers.....you never know! I know that Jason will do what it takes to keep this team near the top of Region 2A!

I think next year you have O.S., Coalfield, and Wartburg fighting it out for 2 sub-state appearances so you never know.

Good Luck to all teams this off season!

O.S. will again be the best team in the District next year!

With that said they lost to Coalfield and Wartburg this year so I'm not going to say they are the hands down fav's to win it again.

I think that 4-A is a bit more murky this year as opposed to last because of a couple of situations.

Oneida brings back a large group of young talent. We'll have to see how they do without Lay handling the PG responsibilities. Coach West did a good job with his kids and they will continue to grow.

Coalfield brings back almost everyone. We'll see how the others in Coalfield handle playing second fiddle to Alaina Jordan. All kinds of talent with a defined superstar could be a good design for success. I'm just not sold on the fact that the others will give way to Jordan as quickly as necessary. Plus I'm hearing all kinds of rumblings about Coach Hines.

Wartburg brings back a good inside-out combination. We'll see how well some of the younger players develop. I really like their soon to be Jr class so who knows. Also, there are a ton of rumors about players transfering in from Sunbright and parts unknown! Jason looks to be a player's coach and kids want to play for him (yet more crow to eat) I also think that Wartburg has a very good freshman class coming in from what I've read in the papers so they should have some talent.

My Oakdale lost all their rotation so we will be trying to build something around Korin and if some young kids develop there we could be very competitive also.

So I feel that the ole crystal ball is a bit hazy! We will know much more after summer camps and what not. Good luck to all teams and Go Eagles!

Congradulations to Wartburg girls for an outstanding year. You girls did a great job this year /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> All of Morgan County should be very very proud of you. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Good luck to you next year and will be watchin for you at

the boro. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congradulations to Wartburg girls for an outstanding year. You girls did a great job this year /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> All of Morgan County should be very very proud of you. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Good luck to you next year and will be watchin for you at

the boro. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agee.

I had the privelage of watching Kayla in Roan Mt. She is by far the best high school girls basketball player I've ever seen. She has the quickness and strength of a man and the size of a male guard. Whats amazing is Cloudland should have won the game and if they would have made even half of their three point shots (1-19) they would have won by double digits. Its a shame she was surrounded by only average girls or Oliver Springs would be hoisting a gold ball right now. Good luck to this girl. Truly one of the best.