Northeast High School

Call it what you will, but Fort Campbell does not have the same issues as Montgomery County. If I were an athlete with a father in the military, I would want to go play for a consistant winning program. Do you blame the boys? Look what we have playing on Saturdays yearly!

For Kenwood, I have seen you coach and wondered why you did not apply for the coaching job at Northeast. I remember when you had the Lumpkin boy. Plus your defense is good year in and out. Wish you and the Falcons would go at it for a real game.

A Fort Campbell coach told me last night that APSU had attended a practice yesterday at Northeast and the Scout was greatly impressed. Coach mentioned that the nose guard is a beast and so are two LB's. My buddy dropped by to see his buddy sutherland on Monday. So why do they not hire this man?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call it what you will, but Fort Campbell does not have the same issues as Montgomery County. If I were an athlete with a father in the military, I would want to go play for a consistant winning program. Do you blame the boys? Look what we have playing on Saturdays yearly!

For Kenwood, I have seen you coach and wondered why you did not apply for the coaching job at Northeast. I remember when you had the Lumpkin boy. Plus your defense is good year in and out. Wish you and the Falcons would go at it for a real game.

A Fort Campbell coach told me last night that APSU had attended a practice yesterday at Northeast and the Scout was greatly impressed. Coach mentioned that the nose guard is a beast and so are two LB's. My buddy dropped by to see his buddy sutherland on Monday. So why do they not hire this man?

Northwest and FC used to scrimmage every year and FC got tired of getting beat and cancelled the series. There is no comparing the talent level between the division FC plays in and 4a and 5a in TN. I am sure this will cause controversy but it is the truth.

We were scheduled to play last year but when you all, and i mean your state association moved your weeks up, it conflicted with our region schedule. We are scheduled to play in the jamboree, but you know about jamborees! I did not apply because I felt as though that was not the place for me to be. I would love to be a head coach sometime when the right opportunity comes along. I think in the long run when NE returns to 4A football they will be competitive. They are going to lose some kids to the new HS opening up at West Creek, but the area that is zoned to NE is growing constantly. Perhaps someday I will be an HC.

Why does everyone think Coach Sutherland or any former coaches that were on that staff are not highly qualified coaches? They must be highly qualified to teach, so why are they not highly qualified to coach?

That is a poor assumption. Some are good teachers and some are good coaches and few are good at both.

We were scheduled to play last year but when you all, and i mean your state association moved your weeks up, it conflicted with our region schedule. We are scheduled to play in the jamboree, but you know about jamborees! I did not apply because I felt as though that was not the place for me to be. I would love to be a head coach sometime when the right opportunity comes along. I think in the long run when NE returns to 4A football they will be competitive. They are going to lose some kids to the new HS opening up at West Creek, but the area that is zoned to NE is growing constantly. Perhaps someday I will be an HC.

Perhaps............................... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yes, it is an embarrassment, but we are not in their shoes. It is to my knowledge that the administration has been changed the past few months. With change come new ideas, and maybe, just maybe the new principal wants something totally different than what was offered earlier. Why is the current coaches not being considered? You may not like him, but sutherland and the dad crew has kept the team together threw all this mess. So what is everyones problem with him. Would you have remained loyal to the boys even when you know that you may not be back?

Good luck guys, and see you on Saturday night!

Question: Why do all the quality coaches leave Clarksville?

My Answer: Could it be no respect or support? The talent is here, but why chase off the home town guys?

The reason all the assistant coaches are not applying for the job, they are in the hosptial trying to get the knife out of there back that was put in by the black knight

You are not a very "wise" guy, are you? Are you in education? Your post sounds like a statement from someone who is a PE teacher and doesn't feel like they get enough respect.

First, no matter how important physical education is...the regular classroom education ABSOLUTELY is more important than physical education. Second, the requirements for a PE teacher on a day-to-day basis pale in comparison to that of a classroom teacher. A PE teacher does not have to grade papers. A PE teacher doesn't have to worry about Gateway exams. A PE teacher does not have to differentiate lesson plans. I could go on and on. A high school PE teacher has an inordinate amount of time to properly educate his students and focus on coaching his/her sport as compared to a regular classroom teacher. So, yes, I stand strongly behind my solution...and most administrations follow it if they can find the qualified person for the reasons I stated above.

Now, on to the other point you brought up...obesity among our youth. Obesity in America is a problem that reaches far beyond teaching children about proper diet and exercise. It is a by-product of many factors such as technological advances, busier lives, instant everything, etc...not to mention genetics. These factors, and human nature, will continue to make obesity a problem that will not go away any time soon...no matter the education.

Before you get all defensive trying to defend PE teachers...I dare you to spend a year trying to teach a math, science, or history class PROPERLY!

Man, you??™ve been doing your homework about the PE thing. I would have never thought about it like that! I had no idea that other schools make football a priority and offer HC??™s PE positions or anything else to help them out. Mr. Different Perspective, just wondering if you suffer from MPD?

By the way, you??™re still missing the point of this entire debate.