Northeast High School

I am not Clay Welch, but i think the school did Coach Welch a favor. I think Clay would not be able to do a miracle there. I dont think Norm Chow could have been the offensive coordinator with ne57 being on the offensive line. Northeast just does not have the talent. I wish they did. They have a couple players with heart, but to many that are trouble makers.

Thats a awfully bold statement since it takes 5 people to run the offensive line. Plus if ne57 is a player at northeast now and he's as bad as you say then it wouldnt be his fault because he wouldnt have started there Clay. Plus you as a ex coach have to take 95% of the blame. You and every other coach didnt even show up to a booster club meeting coach A did them ALL. Even then he's to blame for playing pac-man in the booth at ravenwood. How were they supposed to know which plays to do if the guy in the box is playing on his cell phone!

No Wingy, do you know of anyone that would apply at this time to start building a program? At this rate for hiring a coach (This must be a TSSAA record for the longest vacancy). If this doesn??™t happen by week after July 4th, NE might as well suspend varsity football for 2008 and put a JV team on the field for local games in the community. I cannot understand why the parents are not protesting at the door of the school system and demanding better accountability. If anything, let the varsity players migrate to other local high schools until this disaster is worked out. It is embarrassing to NE while the clock is ticking away on the season. NE deserve better treatment than this from Montgomery County/Clarksville school system. It not right for the player, parents, and the institution.

I couldnt agree more rapbwood your are absolutly 100% correct. I would just as soon let them hire the guy in charge now since he has been with the boys for as long as he has.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of you have missed the point. NE does not exist to produce football players. It exists to educate those football players so that they have a future after high school when 99% of them are not playing football anymore. I strongly applaud the administration for not putting academics behind football. The comments that several of you are making on here reflect a part of our society that has their priorities out of order.

My son was a two-year starter on both sides of the ball and his head coach was the Physical Science teacher. He learned a ton about football, but not a single thing about Physical Science. My son loved the game, but his future was not on the field of play. If you are going to hire a football coach, he must be an educator first...coach second. The key would be to find a head coach who could be certified in physical education. If not, the coach must put the same amount of time in his classroom that he puts into his team.

Kudos to whomever is out there helping those young men. They are all learning a very important life lesson ... that you don't quit because everything isn't just peachy-keen. You commit yourself to something and follow through...in the bad times as well as the good. You make the most out of a bad situation. Bonding together when no one gives you a chance. I could go on and on. You get the point!

HA, that is a laughable sentiment! Educate young minds?? That's not what is happening at any school, they are so worried about graduating numbers they don't take time to teach. You can't fail a student, you have to send them to a "special place". If a student gets arrested, or does something wrong at school, sure they may get suspended or expelled, but what then, they send them to their "special place" so they can graduate at an accelerated pace. By doing badly in school, or doing something wrong, you get to take your courses on a computer and finish well ahead of those that do the right thing on a daily basis. I think what society as you call it has come to as far as education is a joke. I am all for "No Child Left Behind", but if you are going to implement a program like that, make it mean something at least, instead of padding your numbers....so with all that being said, Hire someone who knows football, maybe you will keep one more kid off the street and in the classroom, instead of having to send them to their "special place"!!!

No Wingy, do you know of anyone that would apply at this time to start building a program? At this rate for hiring a coach (This must be a TSSAA record for the longest vacancy). If this doesn??™t happen by week after July 4th, NE might as well suspend varsity football for 2008 and put a JV team on the field for local games in the community.

I cannot understand why the parents are not protesting at the door of the school system and demanding better accountability. If anything, let the varsity players migrate to other local high schools until this disaster is worked out. It is embarrassing to NE while the clock is ticking away on the season. NE deserve better treatment than this from Montgomery County/Clarksville school system. It not right for the player, parents, and the institution.

Rap...you are right. It is embarrassing and the kids do deserve better.

Was Watkins the former coach at NE? Did he leave or did they fire him? Was interested we played ball together in college.

Watkins was the former coach at northeast he resigned at the end of the season I think he was going to be fired if he hadnt though all of the other coaches were asked to turn in their resignations at a later date.

No Wingy, do you know of anyone that would apply at this time to start building a program? At this rate for hiring a coach (This must be a TSSAA record for the longest vacancy). If this doesn??™t happen by week after July 4th, NE might as well suspend varsity football for 2008 and put a JV team on the field for local games in the community.

I cannot understand why the parents are not protesting at the door of the school system and demanding better accountability. If anything, let the varsity players migrate to other local high schools until this disaster is worked out. It is embarrassing to NE while the clock is ticking away on the season. NE deserve better treatment than this from Montgomery County/Clarksville school system. It not right for the player, parents, and the institution.

The reason the parents arent complaing is because they have the coaching staff they want now the parents are running the show thats what they want and they have it.

The reason the parents arent complaing is because they have the coaching staff they want now the parents are running the show thats what they want and they have it.

This is the most true statement that has been put on this board. Steve Kordisch who took the eagles to their last playoff apperance and bowl apperance as a head coach and 2 other members of that staff were told by the adminstation at northeast they didnt know what they were doing and made to resign. These coaches are still in the building teaching but are not allowed to coach I am willing to say the only thing that changed in the last three years is the adminstration and players not the way the team was coached.

This is the most true statement that has been put on this board. Steve Kordisch who took the eagles to their last playoff apperance and bowl apperance as a head coach and 2 other members of that staff were told by the adminstation at northeast they didnt know what they were doing and made to resign. These coaches are still in the building teaching but are not allowed to coach I am willing to say the only thing that changed in the last three years is the adminstration and players not the way the team was coached.

I agree babe. Paul Watkins, and Steve Kordisch are both proven coaches. They did not just forget how to coach all of a sudden. You have to have good players, and support from admin, parents, and community. When Rick Butler was the coach, he had a crop of great players, John Hill (former coach) as Pricipal. That makes a huge difference.

I agree babe. Paul Watkins, and Steve Kordisch are both proven coaches. They did not just forget how to coach all of a sudden. You have to have good players, and support from admin, parents, and community. When Rick Butler was the coach, he had a crop of great players, John Hill (former coach) as Pricipal. That makes a huge difference.

Wait so it's mainly the players fault they were 3-27?

Wait so it's mainly the players fault they were 3-27?

That is correct. Coach Watkins did not drop a pass, or throw an interception, or miss a tackle this whole season. I wish you could see the different type of players that were on the 96 team that was 12-1. I dont think any of todays players could have started for that team. Good players can make a coach look good. Appparently you are just a parent and never been a coach.

I think there are some great ideas and input in here, I also think there is alot of bashing, but just for a minute lets look at the facts. Northeast has been rezoned 6 times in 10 years. When Arrington took Kenwood to the playoffs he was a god among coaches, then Kenwood got put into the same district Northeast is now in and didn't win a game....after that it was said he didn't know what a football looked like. If I were a head coach, I would not apply for this job. Its an unwinnable situation.

Northeast has a great bunch of kids, HAD coaches that knew football, and had the support of great parents! Now they are in a district where they can't win, I don't care who you bring in here, Northeast will not be competitive....It happened to them, it happened to Kenwood and it happened to Clarksville.....Gonna be a tough slot to fill!!

I agree on Watkins and Kordisch. Although, I know Kordisch better than Watkins, both are good men