Northeast High School

Any number of coaches could turn that place around. Sutherland is not one of them.

If they are serious about winning.......which seldom in all of Montgomery County have they ever been........they will actively seek out a man who has had experience turning programs around......instead of a 1st year head coach or an asst. coach from some "big time" program. Bottom line is with an exception or two, over the last 20 years, Clarksville has cared very little about the athletic programs of thier schools. Some programs have won in a couple of different sports (mostly basketball, where it only takes a couple of real players), but in football.........the TRUEST of all team sports............success has been fleeting to say the least. Would anyone say Cheatham County or White House or Greenbriar or Sycamore or Creekwood............or virtually any other school who surrounds Montgomery County has better athletes year in and year out than almost any Clarksville school? Yet all these school listed have had markedly more success long term than ANY Montgomery County school.

Its really ashamed........Clarksville has everything needed to be successfull in the classroom and on the playing field....but with horrible athletic admin...........year after tiresome year..........they very simply have become the laughing stock of the state.

Totally Agree. I know Southerland might say he dont want it but he would take it if they asked. The system has an athletic director that dictates what goes on at all the clarksville schools and he will have most of the say over the hiring. By the way whether Southerland was 1st year or 10th year it would be a terrible hire.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally Agree. I know Southerland might say he dont want it but he would take it if they asked. The system has an athletic director that dictates what goes on at all the clarksville schools and he will have most of the say over the hiring. By the way whether Southerland was 1st year or 10th year it would be a terrible hire.

I don't know you, but I do know the entire staff from working with them in previous years. Chris works hard but without support he may not be the right person for the job.

look for an announcement soon...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good Grief........this has continued to be joke. Montgomery County Schools, for the most part, could care less about football. Who would want to go there besides someone who is desperate, or looking for that 1st job? Its ashamed for the kids. Wont change till the parents get off thier arse and make it so. The closest thing Clarksville has had to a stable program for any length of time is whats is going on now at Clarksville...........and really.......in the grand scheme of things..........they havnt accomplished as much as many schools would have with equal talent. No disrespect to the coaches, they have done a fine job considering all the roadblocks, lack of support, and little or no feeder programs the system provides. How many potential college athletes who would have recieved monetary help to pursue higher education have not had that oppurtunity in Montgomery County? Hundreds..........maybe thousands....

Administration from the top down is basically a good ole boys club, so inbred in the rehiring and recyling of past problem employees.........the system CONTINUES to be the joke of all of TN. Montgomery County School system is the system equivilent of Ethiopia.............student athletes are starving to death due to georgraphy, corruption, drought of fresh ideas, and most of all..........apathy.

My heart is with Northeast and with the boys, however, Northeast does not pay my bills and my family is first. I teach at a middle school that has no affliation with Northeast and does with Northeast's biggest rival. That has been a conflict of interest this year, and i have tries several times to transfer with no success. Do I want to leave, NO! But can I stay without a teaching job, NO! That is why i am looking to leave the county and persue a career in an area that will allow young coaches to advance. We did lay the foundation for a new head coach, but without any promise of a job I have to thank about me and my future. This is why my time is short at Northeast. I NEED TO TEACH IN THE BUILDING I COACH! So here is an answer to many people telling the boys something they know nothing about. This school can win if the right person has the right staff. Great community, Great Student Athletes, and Great Times that will never leave my heart. Thank you for the opportunity that lasted a short time, but was worth it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My heart is with Northeast and with the boys, however, Northeast does not pay my bills and my family is first. I teach at a middle school that has no affliation with Northeast and does with Northeast's biggest rival. That has been a conflict of interest this year, and i have tries several times to transfer with no success. Do I want to leave, NO! But can I stay without a teaching job, NO! That is why i am looking to leave the county and persue a career in an area that will allow young coaches to advance. We did lay the foundation for a new head coach, but without any promise of a job I have to thank about me and my future. This is why my time is short at Northeast. I NEED TO TEACH IN THE BUILDING I COACH! So here is an answer to many people telling the boys something they know nothing about. This school can win if the right person has the right staff. Great community, Great Student Athletes, and Great Times that will never leave my heart. Thank you for the opportunity that lasted a short time, but was worth it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Nice job trying to cover your identity. But if your going to post like you dont know whats going on and then let everyone know your identity it only makes it look like you have some deep rooted problems. Post below was left by you acting like you didnt know anything anr were someone different.

So what is the word? Who is the next head man at Northeast? Saying it is April and should be time for spring ball. You would think the eagle faithful would know something? What defense and offense do the eagles look to run in 08, or do they not have a coach yet to tell them?

I came clean. I was BlackNight09 trying to get some conversation. I think that is what we all do on here, but people speculated and I let them know. I have no problems or negative feelings about the program. I just need a teaching job at the school I am coaching.

So you staying in Montgomery County?

So you staying in Montgomery County?

He will not be able to stay in the county unless he stays at NE. No one else in the system would hire him. THe head coaches would not want him on their staff. He demoralized NW coaches and stabbed them in the back by posting stuff about the head coach on here.