2nd Annual Independence Soccer Invitational

soccerfreak98765

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have predictions on the outcome of this tournament?

This a tremindious tournament to kick off the season. Being that it is the beginning of the season and certain teams might not be clicking yet then there could be some surprises come suday on who is playing in the first two games. But with the way it looks the favorites are hosts Independence, Father Ryan, and Ravenwood. The wild card spot will most likely be Science Hill or Blackman. But I see Father Ryan taking it in Final.

Like everyone has said, this will be a good tournament to start the season off. I expect it to come down to Blackman or Ravenwood winning the whole thing. From what I understand Father Ryan has only played one game since the start of pre-season, so it should be interesting to see how they fair, but with only one game under their belt they might have a rocky start and may not recover in time to make it to the finals.

Good luck to all the teams participating. I look forward to seeing what happens.

Thanks, Welshdragon. I'm only familiar with the 11AAA teams. What teams have the best chance of winning this tournament (for the ones who know a little more about all of the teams since they are from all over TN)?

Gold bracket is easiest I pick Independence. Green bracket will be Ravenwood/Blackman winner. Blue bracket is the group of death with everyone having a shot - I'll pick Father Ryan.

What do you think of Dickson Co. chances I have heard they will be pretty good.

I guess it'll never stop raining.

...SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ALONG WITH HEAVY RAINFALL POSSIBLE FRIDAY NIGHT AND EARLY SATURDAY IN MIDDLE TENNESSEE...

STRENGTHENING WINDS IN THE UPPER ATMOSPHERE WILL ENHANCE THE SEVERE WEATHER POTENTIAL ACROSS MIDDLE TENNESSEE FRIDAY NIGHT AND EARLY SATURDAY.

LATEST COMPUTER MODELS ARE IN GOOD AGREEMENT WITH THE TIMING AND PLACEMENT OF THE SURFACE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM ACROSS NORTH TEXAS DURING THE DAY FRIDAY. AS THE LOW PULLS EASTWARD FRIDAY NIGHT...A WELL DEFINED WARM FRONT...WILL WORK ITS WAY NORTHWARD FROM THE GULF STATES. THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE ON-GOING AHEAD OF THE WARM FRONT AS IT LIFTS NORTHWARD...AND INTO MIDDLE TENNESSEE FRIDAY NIGHT. THE AIR MASS ACROSS MIDDLE TENNESSEE FRIDAY NIGHT...WILL BE QUITE UNSTABLE...AND FAVORABLE FOR SEVERE WEATHER.

IN ADDITION...TO THE SEVERE WEATHER THREAT...RAINFALL MAY BE HEAVY ACROSS MIDDLE TENNESSEE FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY MORNING... WITH WIDESPREAD 2 INCH AMOUNTS POSSIBLE...AS POOLING MOISTURE ALONG THE WARM FRONT...IS COUPLED WITH A STRONG UPPER JET THAT WILL ENHANCE RAINFALL POTENTIAL ACROSS THE AREA. FORECAST CONFIDENCE IS RELATIVELY HIGH...SINCE COMPUTER MODELS HAVE SHOWN GOOD RUN TO RUN CONTINUITY OVER THE PAST SEVERAL DAYS.

THE SEVERE WEATHER THREAT SHOULD DIMINISH DURING THE DAY SATURDAY.

Tonight's game...

Ravenwood is coming off a tough loss last night.

They will rebound and win tonight vs. Shelbyville.

Independence should handle Columbia Central by a few goals.

i agree indy should handle columbia

but shelbyville has a pretty tough gruop of kids if i was the ravenwood coach i would aspect a fast pace game

independence 8-0 columbia i quit after the 4th goal

i wouldn't put stock into independence because columbia lost last year to the 6th place team in the district tournament

shelbyville 3-1 ravenwood

goals: ron feri de la peuz, jeoy jackson and almer sulton; ravenwood ?

ravenwood just underestimated shelbyville

ravenwood had more possession but they just gave up to much space and shelbyville burned them

i knew the game was over in the 2nd half when ravenwood starting triple teaming shelbyvilles best player