Darian Brown resigns at LHS

Eddie

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashley Johnson has been ofered the job. She is mulling the situation right now.

Really don't know this coach and where she has coached before and what her record was. Certainly if played at Shelbyville, whe has seen winners and if played at Miss, has really seen winners. Great players don't necessarily make great coaches but could be a good start. Really hope who is selected has the ability to bring the community and the program together and build on what the past two years has developed. This is NOT a small school situation but is a AAA job that carries with it competing with 7AAA schools and carries with it being in the Region the past two years and fan expectations as well as player expectations of keeping on a once present tradition at a school that is in a County that is a hotbed of Basketball in the State in Girls Basketball. To lower expectations would be unexceptable. The major hurtle is have the communications in Lebanon to compete for players, that are available, in Lebanon itself and not lose any currently there. To much had been done to bring the program to where it currently with a great freshman team in place.

The current posters on this site, it appears, know what is happening and realize what is at stake and know why this selection is so important. Any coach selected has to know that Communication and Selling LHS to players and parents has a great deal to do with their success. This poster would not now and does not consider LHS a start up situation by any means. It is not just a job but stepping in to a tradition. It is certainly something one does need to mull over and realize it will take organizational skills at a pretty high level.

Really don't know this coach and where she has coached before and what her record was. Certainly if played at Shelbyville, whe has seen winners and if played at UT, has really seen winners. Great players don't necessarily make great coaches but could be a good start. Really hope who is selected has the ability to bring the community and the program together and build on what the past two years has developed. This is NOT a small school situation but is a AAA job that carries with it competing with 7AAA schools and carries with it being in the Region the past two years and fan expectations as well as player expectations of keeping on a once present tradition at a school that is in a County that is a hotbed of Basketball in the State in Girls Basketball. To lower expectations would be unexceptable. The major hurtle is have the communications in Lebanon to compete for players, that are available, in Lebanon itself and not lose any currently there. To much had been done to bring the program to where it currently with a great freshman team in place.

The current posters on this site, it appears, know what is happening and realize what is at stake and know why this selection is so important. Any coach selected has to know that Communication and Selling LHS to players and parents has a great deal to do with their success. This poster would not now and does not consider LHS a start up situation by any means. It is not just a job but stepping in to a tradition. It is certainly something one does need to mull over and realize it will take organizational skills at a pretty high level.

I would have to agree with your comment but find it very interesting what an impact a formal Shelbyville player now coaching could be a really positive situation. I truly believe that if she played for Ensell and left him with a good standing not to mention worked hard for him then she has one angel on her shoulder. Lets face it he is one person that it doesn't hurt to have in your favor. Looking at the big picture Lebanon has the talent and can continue its postive direction moving forward what would be more hopeful is for the Parents and Players give 100% to the program to keep it moving forward. I see a bright future for the Lady Devils and think it even more important to bring in someone from outside. Totally unfortuniate to have loss Darien Brown but to have lost him to Wilson Central is almost a more positive thing than a negative one. At Least he is very much aware of the rumors or recruiting and seeing the kind of person he appears to be will not lower his standards to break the rules and for once keep Red and his Old Pap grounded from continuing to break them. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I would have to agree with your comment but find it very interesting what an impact a formal Shelbyville player now coaching could be a really positive situation. I truly believe that if she played for Ensell and left him with a good standing not to mention worked hard for him then she has one angel on her shoulder. Lets face it he is one person that it doesn't hurt to have in your favor. Looking at the big picture Lebanon has the talent and can continue its postive direction moving forward what would be more hopeful is for the Parents and Players give 100% to the program to keep it moving forward. I see a bright future for the Lady Devils and think it even more important to bring in someone from outside. Totally unfortuniate to have loss Darien Brown but to have lost him to Wilson Central is almost a more positive thing than a negative one. At Least he is very much aware of the rumors or recruiting and seeing the kind of person he appears to be will not lower his standards to break the rules and for once keep Red and his Old Pap grounded from continuing to break them. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Everything is sure quiet. Who is the coach?

What is the hold-up? If they are waiting for an answer this long, don't you think they would be looking elsewhere? This school is coming off the most exciting season in years in any sport (that is my opinion only, but I think several would agree) and the administration seems to be dragging their feet on this. Are they really waiting for an answer from Ms. Johnson or what?

What is the hold-up? If they are waiting for an answer this long, don't you think they would be looking elsewhere? This school is coming off the most exciting season in years in any sport (that is my opinion only, but I think several would agree) and the administration seems to be dragging their feet on this. Are they really waiting for an answer from Ms. Johnson or what?

Could it be they got a turn down? This is a better than great post and reflects what winning seasons expect. Not only was last season great but the upcoming season could be as good.

School says it's a paperwork issue, then the paperwork is clear and still no hire. Who really knows what is going on there. Isn't it Spring Practice time? Maybe getting the ball rolling would be a good idea, and not just on the basketball court.

This poster thinks asst coaches are handling the situation now and this was posted. Wonder why no uone answered the post of where this person coached, their record, etc. Just said played at Shelb yville and UT. Wonder if it had to do with $$. The way swinging doors are now swinging at some of these schools, the AD is going to have to take a hands on part of building the programs and for that matter, recruiting students for the school. Up until now, the AD has been a nameless individual and with the way LHS may be going, knowing who is hiring could be important. Wonder what the background the AD has in girls basketball?

The same thing happened three years ago and Brown bailed them out with a superior effort but he had some background. Doesn't mean this is not a good selection but what ever happened to Lady AD's for the Female programs.

This poster thinks asst coaches are handling the situation now and this was posted. Wonder why no uone answered the post of where this person coached, their record, etc. Just said played at Shelb yville and UT. Wonder if it had to do with $$. The way swinging doors are now swinging at some of these schools, the AD is going to have to take a hands on part of building the programs and for that matter, recruiting students for the school. Up until now, the AD has been a nameless individual and with the way LHS may be going, knowing who is hiring could be important. Wonder what the background the AD has in girls basketball?

The same thing happened three years ago and Brown bailed them out with a superior effort but he had some background. Doesn't mean this is not a good selection but what ever happened to Lady AD's for the Female programs.

The AD has NO background in any sport other than cross country. She did not even know that UT was in the final four a few weeks ago! The assistants are handling everything right now, but in this poster's opinion, something needs to be done quickly so that the girls' have someone to hold them accountable. The assistants can only do so much. The assistants are doing a GREAT job so far considering the situation. At this point, the girls probably feel a little bit lost and like no one is doing anything for them. Do you blame them?

I had heard that volleyball was a problem. it is amazing that Female Sports at a school like LHS is being pushed around. This principal was supposed to be good. Someone needs to stoke some fire under these programs. Coud Basketball's problem be a certification problem. Are there not other coaches that don't have the problem. Still no word on where the prospective coach has coached and what the record was there. Makes one think that no experience and no record.

This poster is sure this is going to work out BUT a great program turned around the past two years and now being troubled with little experience and no certification. This very likely the right person for the right job BUT someone needs to start communicating that it is and who it is. That burden cannot be totally shouldered by asst coaches. Has any information being seen in the newspaper and over the radio. Where is the press? They have a stake in this also. Is the Lebanon press dead? Are they asking questions? how is the press handling the Volleyball situation? A great season and likely another coming up? Is the AD giving interviews or is she not around. A comment might be that the AD isn't doing anything because something is holding the situation up. The press should be astute to dig this out or somebody on this site will dig in and find out what is going on and scoop the press. How embarassing!!!!!

IMO the AD is in WAY over her head. This is a BIG hire and it's going to heck in a handbasket. BTW -- the volleyball job has been open forever and there's no headway on this hiring either.

Surely the Principali s not in over his head too. Need some leadership. Even Gallatin now has hired an asst coach from Stone. The lady has some experience and Stone had a pretty good team. Played at Clarkrange some time ago. Surely this is not a money issue again in Lebanon. Surely the town saw the crowds there in volleyball and basketball and saw the economic impact. Those who attended from schools outside of Lebanon saw full houses with two great coaches coaching great players. Yes you lost the coaches but the interest is still there. All of this is what is at stake. Someone does not realize that even though VB cannot start practicing still July, off season work can still be held to hold attention. Is the asst coach in VB dong any off season work or is that taboo? How are the seats going to be filled and the players energized?