Commando Classic - New schedule

swingaway

Just to clarify....if the batter scored on a throwing error, then it was not an inside-the-park HR.

You are correct. I should've said the batter hit the ball and just never stopped runnin' till she scored.

when games are close, it always comes down to either coaching decisions that make something happen, either bunting, stealing, or a squeeze. college ball has figured things out, get the ball in play and make something happen, put the pressure on the defense.

TCA has a very young team with some great ptiching. the renfros will keep thier team in the game, it is up to the rest of the team to get the ball in play or dont make errors. I remember watching megan rhodes at lipscomb, one of best pitchers in the state would pitch a no hitter and still lose the game.

when two great teams play each other it is the one who did not make the error or was able to make something happen on offense that usually comes out on top. ive seen it time and time again.

Wasn't IR pitchin' and ER playin' short? It was still a 'fluke.'

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was Ivy pitching and Ellen on short. Sometimes things like that just happen, especially in early tournaments. I have no doubt that the ladies will settle back in and be just fine. Getting their senior All-State 3rd Baseman back will help, and they'll find their groove.

Also, it did look like the ball took a weird hop on the centerfielder when she was coming in to back up the play. It's just the way the ball bounces sometimes. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />