Claiborne ?

hhs

Just wanted to clear some things up....

The exact quote that was made to Beth Turner by coach Cook was " I know you're the better point guard, but I might start (......)because she is black and more intimidating." I happen to know this because I am Beth Turner! Feel free to ask me any other questions, and if I can I will be more than happy to answer them for you! Thanks!

If this is true then this could lead to more problems within the school and community. Statements like this are not acceptable by just a coach but by anyone. If true then the coach needs to quit.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true then this could lead to more problems within the school and community. Statements like this are not acceptable by just a coach but by anyone. If true then the coach needs to quit.

I couldn't agree with you more, but I really don't think that Cook thinks that she is the problem, so I really don't think that she will quit. The board of education and the new principal are going to have to take a stand and hire a new coach. Everyone should come to the next board meeting at Cumberland Gap High School on April 10 and speak their mind. If we all take a stand, the board will have no choice but to hire a new coach. This is also an election year for the board, so I certainly hope they remember that when making this decision. I know I will and I'm not alone.

I couldn't agree with you more, but I really don't think that Cook thinks that she is the problem, so I really don't think that she will quit. The board of education and the new principal are going to have to take a stand and hire a new coach. Everyone should come to the next board meeting at Cumberland Gap High School on April 10 and speak their mind. If we all take a stand, the board will have no choice but to hire a new coach. This is also an election year for the board, so I certainly hope they remember that when making this decision. I know I will and I'm not alone.

Anything on Taylor Hall. Would be nice to get her back in the mix.

Anything on Taylor Hall. Would be nice to get her back in the mix.

Taylor Hall, Let's see, she told the team she was leaving in the fall to go to Kentucky to live with her dad and play ball there. What happened? Was she a part of a plan to get Parkey back as a coach as he may be unhappy with being placed an elementary school? I think he inquired as to what would happen with his now position if he returned as coach at CHS is my reason for this theory. I also heard she checked into going to Webb in Knoxville and they were not interested in her. Gibbs was another place she may go but haven't heard any more about that. I think she was done in this year by being a part of the "get rid of coach" thing. I think coaches anywhere will look at what happened and it will be hard for her to play anywhere else. If Coach Cook is let go and all these 20 wonderful players return, what will happen with the faithful few that played so hard and were 2nd in the district. Will they be docked on the bench so all the "quitters" can show their stuff next year. By the way coaches can only play 5 players at a time, so watch out, "if my little girl can't start or play all the time she is allowed to walk out." The girls remaining this year were probably told by their parents "if you start something, finish it". I think that is the reason the girls did so well after getting over the shock of the upset in mid-season. Coach Cook has done a wonderful job with the young team that had "no" varsity experience at all.

Oh! Beth Turner, is this the same dependable, honest and and truthful kid that her grandfather is good friends with coach Parkey, showed up for practice if she felt like it but got her play time during game time, managed to get in the locker room and help herself to some personal items of her team mates, walk down the floor in front of some of the players and say "I hope the loose". I think we should all go the school board meeting April 10 also and bring some of this out. Just may do it if D. Venable is there trying "get rid of Coach Cook."

Taylor Hall, Let's see, she told the team she was leaving in the fall to go to Kentucky to live with her dad and play ball there. What happened? Was she a part of a plan to get Parkey back as a coach as he may be unhappy with being placed an elementary school? I think he inquired as to what would happen with his now position if he returned as coach at CHS is my reason for this theory. I also heard she checked into going to Webb in Knoxville and they were not interested in her. Gibbs was another place she may go but haven't heard any more about that. I think she was done in this year by being a part of the "get rid of coach" thing. I think coaches anywhere will look at what happened and it will be hard for her to play anywhere else. If Coach Cook is let go and all these 20 wonderful players return, what will happen with the faithful few that played so hard and were 2nd in the district. Will they be docked on the bench so all the "quitters" can show their stuff next year. By the way coaches can only play 5 players at a time, so watch out, "if my little girl can't start or play all the time she is allowed to walk out." The girls remaining this year were probably told by their parents "if you start something, finish it". I think that is the reason the girls did so well after getting over the shock of the upset in mid-season. Coach Cook has done a wonderful job with the young team that had "no" varsity experience at all.

Oh! Beth Turner, is this the same dependable, honest and and truthful kid that her grandfather is good friends with coach Parkey, showed up for practice if she felt like it but got her play time during game time, managed to get in the locker room and help herself to some personal items of her team mates, walk down the floor in front of some of the players and say "I hope the loose". I think we should all go the school board meeting April 10 also and bring some of this out. Just may do it if D. Venable is there trying "get rid of Coach Cook."

Um.. obviously whoever you are know nothing but lies, everyone is entitled to believe what they want to believe. But don't try to start lies about people, thats nothing but stupidity! For your information, there was no plan to get coach cook out, but she did a fine job of creating that on her own. Oh please, Taylor Hall is a great player and anyone would be happy to have her. by the way your little if "my little girl doesn't get playing time" statement is stupid cause the girls who quit, were getting plenty of playing time. And by the way don't expect Doug Venable or anyone else involved to sit down, get used to it, We will all be at every board meeting until we get something done. Parkey was a much better coach with a much better record, Those are just plain and simple facts. Everyone has always been welcome to come to the board meetings, those who are for coach cook have just as much liberty to say whats on their minds, just expect the same. Doug Venable will be there trying to get this awful person you call a coach out, and I along with many others, will be too!