District 13

dcsoftball

I am not ready to count the teams from this district out just yet. Games do have to be played, and the View does have one very important thing on their side--EXPERIENCE--. We have 7 returning starters from last years team, and equal, if not more talent at the other two positions. When we are hitting we are very hard to beat, and if our bats are not going, our defense, and great pitching will still keep us in the game with anybody. Its true, the opposing district is extremely tough, but remember, we pulled a major upset on Haywood County last year and made it to state. Give us some due credit already.

I will give the credit the 'View has a good team. I have seen them play a couple of times they have a heck of a D-fense, I just don't know if they can hit the pitching of Rip and Cov.......I just don't see them beating Ripley or Covington. Looks like you are a mom did you go to any one of these games if so what happen? Do you think they can pull of the upset? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Also remember they will have to when the district tourny first. I feel that they would have to come in first place so they can host the Regional game. Covington will probably win the other district (You don't want to go to Covington..)Then they better hope all the stars and moon line up just right for a victory /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Can the win against the team they might face Maybe......Just Maybe!!!!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a motto that works great in the game of softball. Don't push it, shove it, or other wise try to change the direction the game or situation is heading. Play it out like you should and it will all come out the way it is supposed to at the end of the game.

Good quote. My favorite is "That's why they play the games"........It comes down to who is hot and when they get hot. You can throw regular season out the window. That is what makes fastpitch softball so fun to watch.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> On any given day anybody can be beat. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Another one is "Once you do all you can do...That's all you can do"

Good luck to all.....Go West Tn.

Good quote. My favorite is "That's why they play the games"........It comes down to who is hot and when they get hot. You can throw regular season out the window. That is what makes fastpitch softball so fun to watch.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> On any given day anybody can be beat. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Another one is "Once you do all you can do...That's all you can do"

Good luck to all.....Go West Tn.

one last quote " Don't count your chickens before they hatch". I know a team that this happened to last year. they already had their reservations in murfreesboro made, then they had to cancel them. At this point in the year, no team can be counted out. There is nothing wrong with a team having lots of confidence, but underestimating a team just because you may have beaten them before will get you beat. Im not saying that Ripley and Covington are underestimating the teams in our district, but these teams are tougher than they sometimes get credit for. I was there when the view played both Ripley and Covington, and neither game was a blowout. Both games I believe were decided by 2 or 3 runs at the most. Regardless of our season record, our upcoming district tourney will be very tough. Any of these teams can win on any given day. Again, dont count district 13AA out just yet, and yes I am a very proud mom, not only of my daughter, but of this whole group of girls that we have. THE VIEW ROCKS...

one last quote " Don't count your chickens before they hatch". I know a team that this happened to last year. they already had their reservations in murfreesboro made, then they had to cancel them. At this point in the year, no team can be counted out. There is nothing wrong with a team having lots of confidence, but underestimating a team just because you may have beaten them before will get you beat. Im not saying that Ripley and Covington are underestimating the teams in our district, but these teams are tougher than they sometimes get credit for. I was there when the view played both Ripley and Covington, and neither game was a blowout. Both games I believe were decided by 2 or 3 runs at the most. Regardless of our season record, our upcoming district tourney will be very tough. Any of these teams can win on any given day. Again, dont count district 13AA out just yet, and yes I am a very proud mom, not only of my daughter, but of this whole group of girls that we have. THE VIEW ROCKS...

Great reply....Glad to see you took the high road on this one. Alot of times when parents get envolved they sometimes loose their cool. This is a fun web site. It is meant to be away to talk and bragg about our kids and their respected teams. You have a right to be proud, as do all the parents who has kids playing. Enjoy every minute of it and remember it goes by really really fast. The 'View seems to be a good bunch of girls. The head coach seems to get a little fired up at times. Other than that seems like a good good group of young ladies.

The View is a good team alot of good teams in this district.....Not saying they caint win the Region Just saying it will be tough as you know what!

By the way what came first the chicken or the egg? Can I count my chickens before they have eggs? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Great reply....Glad to see you took the high road on this one. Alot of times when parents get envolved they sometimes loose their cool. This is a fun web site. It is meant to be away to talk and bragg about our kids and their respected teams. You have a right to be proud, as do all the parents who has kids playing. Enjoy every minute of it and remember it goes by really really fast. The 'View seems to be a good bunch of girls. The head coach seems to get a little fired up at times. Other than that seems like a good good group of young ladies.

The View is a good team alot of good teams in this district.....Not saying they caint win the Region Just saying it will be tough as you know what!

By the way what came first the chicken or the egg? Can I count my chickens before they have eggs? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thats hysterical. Not sure which came first. I want to wish everyone luck in their upcoming games, afterall this is the most wonderful time of the year. Oh, and by the way, you're right, I definitely do not want to go to Covington!

And to answer you're question earlier, Do I think we can pull an upset? You'd better believe it. GO WESTVIEW

WESTVIEW 1 HUNTINGDON 4

Looks like the 'View just didn't hit in this one. Brooke Thomas (Huntingdon) is a heck of a pitcher she must have done a good job in this game. Heard she hit a homerun also.......One thing about it this game does not matter it is the district play that counts. The 'View better get 'er done hitting wise come district tourny time. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

AS ALWAYS GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

Tournament Predictions: Obion and Dyer will move on to Region Play.

First Round: Obion over Milan, Dyer over Crockett, Gibson over Dyersburg

Either way I say that the Obion/Milan winner knocks off Westview in the Second Round. These two teams just seem hungrier for it right now. As always should be an interesting tourney. Good luck to everyone.

Tournament Predictions: Obion and Dyer will move on to Region Play.

First Round: Obion over Milan, Dyer over Crockett, Gibson over Dyersburg

Either way I say that the Obion/Milan winner knocks off Westview in the Second Round. These two teams just seem hungrier for it right now. As always should be an interesting tourney. Good luck to everyone.

Heard Obion and Milan are playing good ball right now. Milan beat Huntingdon and Westview didn't (HUMMMMM)Something to think about........... Also remember Obion is playing at home and the Eaves kid is back. This is the team that handed the 'View their only district defeat.... Westview will have to play the winner of the Milan Obion game...........Did anyone go to the Huntingdon/Westview game what happened??????

Things ore going to get WILD in the Wild Wild West (13aa title race) /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Heard Obion and Milan are playing good ball right now. Milan beat Huntingdon and Westview didn't (HUMMMMM)Something to think about........... Also remember Obion is playing at home and the Eaves kid is back. This is the team that handed the 'View their only district defeat.... Westview will have to play the winner of the Milan Obion game...........Did anyone go to the Huntingdon/Westview game what happened??????

Things ore going to get WILD in the Wild Wild West (13aa title race) /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

No excuses. We didnt hit the ball well, and they have an awesome pitcher. She was great. Had a few misques in the field, nothing major, and definitely uncharacteristic of our team.Having said that , we will be ready for districts, and would much rather have had those mishaps during a game that meant nothing. None of it matters its all about district play now. GO WESTVIEW

No excuses. We didnt hit the ball well, and they have an awesome pitcher. She was great. Had a few misques in the field, nothing major, and definitely uncharacteristic of our team.Having said that , we will be ready for districts, and would much rather have had those mishaps during a game that meant nothing. None of it matters its all about district play now. GO WESTVIEW

Thanks for the reply!!! Good luck maybe the 'View will get the bats going Friday!!! King 13aa making some pretty bold prediction don't you think!