shelbyville 2 Columia 1 any thoughts?

robotman

Shelbyville won a big district game last night at home. Could this finally be their year to finally win the district? Everyone is picking Tullahoma and with good reason, Jones is an exceptional pitcher. But she is hittable. I think we have a shot at this thing, for the first time in school history.

This district is apparently up for grabs right now!!!! It's waaaaaaay to early to tell!!!! Looks like everyone still has lots of games left to play. Everyone is on a more even playing field since teams don't get to play as many games before district play with the changes this year. I guess Shelbyville has just as good a chance as Tullahoma, Coffee County, Columbia and Lawrenceburg. It just depends on who wants it more. I'm sure all of the teams are wanting it just as bad as Shelbyville and deserve it just as much in their minds. Hasn't Coffee County or Lincoln Cty won this district the last 3-4 years? Or did Columbia win last year? EVERY pitcher is "hittable"!!!! Seems like the scores in this district have been pretty high. Some 10-0, 7-0, 6-1 and some have been very close. Is that bad pitching or just better hitting!!?? I don't think it is all about the pitcher. A pitcher can have a perfect game and still not have pitched good. It also means she has some great defense working behind her. Guess we will all have to just wait and see what happens. Good Luck to all the teams in this district. If all the teams play hard they will be much more fun to watch!!!

I think that district is wide open with Tullahoma being the favorite at this point in the season. Robin Ayers is a good coach with a strong coaching back ground from her mother. Shelbyville won a tough 9 inning contest against Columbia which shows they have a lot of grit. It'll be interesting to see how this team inproves as the season progresses. Shelbyville has a lot of great players and are as capable as anyone of winning late in the season. They've been in every game they've played so far.

This district is apparently up for grabs right now!!!! It's waaaaaaay to early to tell!!!! Looks like everyone still has lots of games left to play. Everyone is on a more even playing field since teams don't get to play as many games before district play with the changes this year. I guess Shelbyville has just as good a chance as Tullahoma, Coffee County, Columbia and Lawrenceburg. It just depends on who wants it more. I'm sure all of the teams are wanting it just as bad as Shelbyville and deserve it just as much in their minds. Hasn't Coffee County or Lincoln Cty won this district the last 3-4 years? Or did Columbia win last year? EVERY pitcher is "hittable"!!!! Seems like the scores in this district have been pretty high. Some 10-0, 7-0, 6-1 and some have been very close. Is that bad pitching or just better hitting!!?? I don't think it is all about the pitcher. A pitcher can have a perfect game and still not have pitched good. It also means she has some great defense working behind her. Guess we will all have to just wait and see what happens. Good Luck to all the teams in this district. If all the teams play hard they will be much more fun to watch!!!

Fastpitch softball is all about the pitchers. At times some pitchers are unhittable. It is all about the pitching. Lincoln County won the district mainly because of one pitcher, I think her name was Chelsea Owens. The girl from Riverdale who recently was injured, when she is on, is unhittable. You may get a couple of hits, but thats it.

Fastpitch softball is all about the pitchers. At times some pitchers are unhittable. It is all about the pitching. Lincoln County won the district mainly because of one pitcher, I think her name was Chelsea Owens. The girl from Riverdale who recently was injured, when she is on, is unhittable. You may get a couple of hits, but thats it.

This may be true, but if you do not have great defense or even hitters you still cannot win a game. Take for instance the Columbia Shelbyville game, several times Columbia had the bases loaded they hit to the outfield and if they did not have defense they would of scored. A saying I always heard was there were eight people behind you, just put it up there and let your defense work, and I think that is one reason Shelbyville has a good defense, and the pitchers we have know they have people behind them they can count on to make the plays. It is a team effort.

I know the pitcher pitches it so they can keep it on the infield and the play can be made, so I'm sure that is where you're staing it is a pitchers game. You also have to have a good catcher that calls behind the plate and can work the batter. Good job Shelbyville on the win everyone did their job.