District 5-AA

Bangkok

Right now, Polk is the team to beat. Central is not hitting the baseball or scoring enough runs at the present time. But things could change between now and April 28. For this old player, if Central wins only 3 or 4 games and all those wins are aginst Polk, I'm happy.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, Polk is the team to beat. Central is not hitting the baseball or scoring enough runs at the present time. But things could change between now and April 28. For this old player, if Central wins only 3 or 4 games and all those wins are aginst Polk, I'm happy.

If beating Polk is all that matters to you, then you my friend should get a life.

Why do you guy's always want to kick Polk Co.? You know you can't wait to play them, admit it you are counting the days. I can't wait, at least these blogs may get a little better, Seriously I hope your hitting gets betters and you start scoring more runs, we don't want to here any excuses when the time comes.

Hey pridepounder, how did the cats do in their games with Oakdale? How did those freshman do?

Both games were blowouts 11-0 and 13-0. The freshmen did well but these games were a joke pretty much. Oakdale did not have a hit in either game. J.V. played most of both games.

Both games were blowouts 11-0 and 13-0. The freshmen did well but these games were a joke pretty much. Oakdale did not have a hit in either game. J.V. played most of both games.

So your saying it was another one of those games where Polk padded their Freshman stats. Speaking of Freshman how are they doing?

So your saying it was another one of those games where Polk padded their Freshman stats. Speaking of Freshman how are they doing?

I have been reading topics on coacht for the last couple of years and have really enjoyed reading about some fine young athletes in District 5. I have watched the "freshman" at polk county play for the last several years, and they are very consistent ballplayers who have not needed their stats to be padded. They are contributing to their team in batting, pitching, and fielding. It is a shame that when a young ball player has success that someone would not be able to accept it. All teams from time to time will have a group of young players that are very athletic and stand out at an early age, this is the case right now with Polk. Polk also has a GREAT group of Seniors that are very welcoming to their freshman, and are doing a great job in giving them leadership on the field. I believe their are several teams in this area who have some really athletic freshman, I hope all these young men continue to play well, and we should all look forward to watching them play over the next several years.

I have been reading topics on coacht for the last couple of years and have really enjoyed reading about some fine young athletes in District 5. I have watched the "freshman" at polk county play for the last several years, and they are very consistent ballplayers who have not needed their stats to be padded. They are contributing to their team in batting, pitching, and fielding. It is a shame that when a young ball player has success that someone would not be able to accept it. All teams from time to time will have a group of young players that are very athletic and stand out at an early age, this is the case right now with Polk. Polk also has a GREAT group of Seniors that are very welcoming to their freshman, and are doing a great job in giving them leadership on the field. I believe their are several teams in this area who have some really athletic freshman, I hope all these young men continue to play well, and we should all look forward to watching them play over the next several years.

I was not downing the freshman in any way, infact I agree with your statement " they are very consistant ballplayers." I too have watched them, and am happy that there will be some good baseball to watch for sometime to come. I do believe that those who thought that they would be less of a team, because of the # of seniors lost last year, might want to take another look. Polk County's underclassman are holding their own. Good luck to all the Teams In 5AA

Actually the freshmen that start only played half the time. After the 3rd and 4th inning Coach T let kids play that usually never see any time. So I would not say anyone's stats were padded. There is no difference in this game than other teams playing weak teams in the middle of the week. Tell me who your team is and I am sure you have some stat padders as well. BTW these kids do not need their stats padded they are proving themselves in every game no matter who they play.

Actually the freshmen that start only played half the time. After the 3rd and 4th inning Coach T let kids play that usually never see any time. So I would not say anyone's stats were padded. There is no difference in this game than other teams playing weak teams in the middle of the week. Tell me who your team is and I am sure you have some stat padders as well. BTW these kids do not need their stats padded they are proving themselves in every game no matter who they play.

Easy Now!! Please understand me 6+4+3=2, I was referring to yours and Butch & Sundance's blogs about padding stats. I did not mean anything by it. Infact I am a supporter of the entire 5-AA freshman class. Look at Meigs # 22, the Moses boy from McMinn Central, the Allen boy at Sequoyah, the Allen boy, the Webb boy, the Lee boy, and the Raper boy at Polk. All these boy's are above average freshman and it will be great watching them play for the next several years. As for who's my team? Lets just say I have a little more interest in Polk Co.

Easy Now!! Please understand me 6+4+3=2, I was referring to yours and Butch & Sundance's blogs about padding stats. I did not mean anything by it. Infact I am a supporter of the entire 5-AA freshman class. Look at Meigs # 22, the Moses boy from McMinn Central, the Allen boy at Sequoyah, the Allen boy, the Webb boy, the Lee boy, and the Raper boy at Polk. All these boy's are above average freshman and it will be great watching them play for the next several years. As for who's my team? Lets just say I have a little more interest in Polk Co.

No problem! I was typing my previous post and did not see yours until afterward.