Who has the most homeruns.

baseball100

Like I said, I'm not trying to take anything away from them and 13 HR's is remarkable. But let's be honest, Farragut's 4th or Bearden's 4th best pitcher would prob. be the ace for most of the teams in that district.

I would also go ahead and say that both teams backups would start for most any team in the state, but again 13 homeruns is still a great accomplishment.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, I'm not trying to take anything away from them and 13 HR's is remarkable. But let's be honest, Farragut's 4th or Bearden's 4th best pitcher would prob. be the ace for most of the teams in that district.

I'm sorry but that is TOTALLY wrong. I have coached travel ball in the knoxville area and have seen Farragut and Bearden's number 4 starters. They are good kids and talented pitchers in their own right but I know for a fact their are several pitchers at the AA and A levels locally that are much better pitchers. There are some top notch pitchers at the lower levels. However, there are not as many on each team. There maybe only one per team at the smaller levels while in AAA their are more than one per team. But dont think just because the school is bigger that it has better INDIVIDUAL talent than a smaller school.

The Doughty kid at Rockwood hit 18 HRs last year and even though they are single A he can hit them against anybody! I have seen him play travel ball with Knoxville's best and he batted clean up on those teams and was the top power guy. Would he hit 18 at the AAA level? Probably not, but he would hit as many or more than any of the other players at that level. His reputation has hurt him this year. Teams are deliberately pitching around him rather than give up bombs like last year. I know our team pitched around him when we faced Rockwood this year.

Also, one of his teammates at Rockwood (Breazeale) has signed with a 4 yr school as a pitcher. He also played travel ball for Knoxville teams and was one of the best if not the best pitchers on those teams. So dont think because a school is big that its players are better. The size of the school has nothing to do with the quality of the individual athletes just the quantity.

shane doughty is a dead pull hitter and is an easy out agaisnt even decent pitching.

That easy out hit the 50th of his career the other night! And I was present when he smashed a tape measure shot over the RIGHT field fence earlier in the season! You should apply for a scouting job at the Major league level!

I didnt even know west greene had a team until i got there. The pitcher was throwing 58 at the most! I was at that game and west greene was terrible and yall arent any good either! All those home runs are jokes! That kid is garbage and so is your team!

I don't know the kid or his team. I surely don't know you and don't WANT to know you. How dare you get on a public website and say that kids are garbage!! You need professional help!

That easy out hit the 50th of his career the other night! And I was present when he smashed a tape measure shot over the RIGHT field fence earlier in the season! You should apply for a scouting job at the Major league level!

wow he hit one lucky oppo homerun. got lucky and stayed through it. its about time. i've seen him play and he pulls everything. i would def. not be afraid to throw to him. go right at him.