13U Southern Substate Scores

I was looking for last night's results as well. You would think a tournament like this would update their site more often. I do know in 13U the Crossville Thunder beat the Lady Falcons and the TN Elite - Williams beat the TN Storm.

If anyone has any results, please post!

I was looking for last night's results as well. You would think a tournament like this would update their site more often. I do know in 13U the Crossville Thunder beat the Lady Falcons and the TN Elite - Williams beat the TN Storm.

I agree! Did the Thunder look very good? I'm not familiar with them at all.

Tn Express defeated the Tn Elite 60 to 44 and the Thunder defeated the Stars 55 to 53.

I agree! Did the Thunder look very good? I'm not familiar with them at all.

Thunder has a nicely balanced team with an outstanding point guard, good perimeter shooters, and 3 strong inside players. They beat the TN Xtreme at the Cleveland Blitz 64-53 (although Xtreme was missing a couple of starters -- not making an excuse for the Xtreme - everyone has to play with missing players sometimes), then lost to Cleveland Crossover 72-69 in OT, so they are somewhat inconsistent. If they play their game on both sides of the ball, they can play with anyone.

All the players are from Crossville, which makes their success even more special, as they don't recruit outside of Cumberland County. All but one of their players will be freshmen at Stone Memorial next year (one will be in the 8th grade). They are a YOUNG 13U team and have really done a good job of representing Cumberland County.

It will be interesting to see how they handle tangling with one of the top-tier teams in the state in the TN Express.

On another note, I have seen the TN Elite 13U play several times and they are a REALLY good team. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they end up winning the AAU State title in May.

Thunder has a nicely balanced team with an outstanding point guard, good perimeter shooters, and 3 strong inside players. They beat the TN Xtreme at the Cleveland Blitz 64-53 (although Xtreme was missing a couple of starters -- not making an excuse for the Xtreme - everyone has to play with missing players sometimes), then lost to Cleveland Crossover 72-69 in OT, so they are somewhat inconsistent. If they play their game on both sides of the ball, they can play with anyone.

All the players are from Crossville, which makes their success even more special, as they don't recruit outside of Cumberland County. All but one of their players will be freshmen at Stone Memorial next year (one will be in the 8th grade). They are a YOUNG 13U team and have really done a good job of representing Cumberland County.

It will be interesting to see how they handle tangling with one of the top-tier teams in the state in the TN Express.

On another note, I have seen the TN Elite 13U play several times and they are a REALLY good team. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they end up winning the AAU State title in May.

They didnt do so well against the Express losing 78 to 52. The Express dominated all weekend with the closest game being the Tn Elite which they beat by 16. Should be a good state tournament.

They didnt do so well against the Express losing 78 to 52. The Express dominated all weekend with the closest game being the Tn Elite which they beat by 16. Should be a good state tournament.

The Express is an OUTSTANDING team. Their perimeter game and especially their FOUL shooting is among the best I have seen. Based on the way they handled the Elite, they are now my favorite to win the state tourney. It will be a great state tourney.

Thunder has nothing to hang their heads about, they are a strong small market team that gets all of its players from half of a rural county.