BEST IN EAST TENN

justafan01

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kim Hall from Oliver Springs is the real deal when is comes to softball players. She had 17 k's is the game at Coalfield last week. For those of you who don't believe what her batting avg. is, go watch her and you will change your mind. I know she has attracted the attention of some big schools at the next level recently as well.

Good Job Kim !!!

What big schools are we taking about?

I will keep that to myself for now. Kim and her family may not want that info out in the public at this time. Sorry !!!

I went to the Oliver Springs Schedule on this site and the earlier post is right. How can you compare this girl to any one with half of their team scores not even posted. They have played none of the higher ranked schools and the losses (that are shown) were blowouts, 15-1 and 11-0. Sounds like the big schools being talked about (Podunk University) are being talked about by a DAD (i.e. travel team and number used in the quote name). I am sure this young lady is good, and I wish her the best. But let JC#1fan give you a hint, if someone has to stand on a pedistal and "holler" my daughter is great it is usually because their daughter is seen through "rose colored glasses".(I like George Jones) Post the rest of the scores and then let us compare. For all I know they are all wins(blowouts), but then again it could be the other way. Hitting .727, who knows, against the competiton she has faced anyone could hit the ball at 45 mph!

Even though it's a small school, Oliver Springs has one of the best girls' basketball players in the state in any class and she's just a junior. It's not out of the question they could have one of the best softball players too, but as was said, nobody knows since they've not played the competition to prove it or haven't put the results on here. That .727 just seems too much no matter the player or class, I'd be interested in seeing if they're calling virtually every time she gets on base as a hit-fielder's choice, errors, maybe even walks (I've seen that added to batting average too believe it or not).

JC#1Fan, you don't have a clue who this girl is or what kind of competition she has played against. No I am not her dad, just a softball fan. My daughter and her have had the same pitching coach for the last five years and I have observed what this young lady has turned into. In my opinion she is one of the most dominant pitchers in the area. Don't believe me, go watch her play some travel ball this summer and she will show you a thing or two. If you had a real clue about good softball in this area, you would know who she was and what she has accomplished. You don't get invited to D-1 camps by head coaches by just being average. Save the trash talking and rose colored glasses for someone or something that you actually have a clue about !!!

what kind of competition she has played against

Please add their results and it might help the conversation.

That was all I was asking for! Little ticked not to be "kin" don't you think. I have seen her play and she is good. Easy to throw around accusations about someone not knowing the game when you don't know who they are(you know how that REDHOTZ gang is). Invitations to D-1 camps are posted on the internet everyday. I was invited to the White House one time I bet they don't remember me. I would bet I have seen as much "travel ball" as anyone. Kim is great, we just want the scores posted please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So you can convince us without having to go to the park. Please take this as all in good humor as it is intended /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Check out the state tournamnet results from last year. Oliver Springs went very deep in the tournament with just about the same players. The first part of ths year Kim had an injury that kept her from preforming at the top of her game, but she is over that now. As for other competition, the GOLD ball she plays in the summer is where Kim really shines.

So she's hitting about .900 since recovering from when she wasn't playing well? I really don't think anybody is trying to down this particular player or her team but you have to expect some skepticism over a .727 average, especially after they were beaten by a combined 26-1 against likely the two best teams listed on their schedule. Did they play in any Knoxville tournaments, if not, why not?

So she's hitting about .900 since recovering from when she wasn't playing well? I really don't think anybody is trying to down this particular player or her team but you have to expect some skepticism over a .727 average, especially after they were beaten by a combined 26-1 against likely the two best teams listed on their schedule. Did they play in any Knoxville tournaments, if not, why not?

.................batting averages and ERA's might be affected......................

JC#1Fan, If you know who she is and have seen her play then you wouldn't need to make the comments you have made. As for being "kin" I stated earlier that Kim and my daughter have taken lessons together for the last five years. So the relationship part of you comment must be one of those accusations you have been talking about.

If you think that I am part of Joe Caldwell's RED HOTZ gang, think again. We have nothing to do with any of his teams, But you know how those accusations are.

As for the scores, I wish the coach at OS would post some them also but it doesn't look like we are going to get any so you are going to have to go watch if you want to know.

Yes, this site is intened for good humor and lets keep it about the ladies that give us something to talk about.