Girls U 17 State League

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks to me like the semi finals are being played first on Friday night. The winners of those two games most will most likely be playing in the finals.

I disagree. The 6 teams have been divided into groups of 3. On Friday and Saturday, each team will play the other two teams. The next game on Sunday is the final, so you the 2 pool play games each team makes will determine who advances to the final game. Last year, it seems that two teams advanced out of pool play, and the #1 from one side played #2 from the other side in the semi-final matches. Not sure why the format has changed (again).

I predict an Express vs. Strikers rematch in the finals, with Express winning 1-0

This should be another exciting tourney for this age group. We now have last year's R3PL champs (TN FC)and this year's R3PL champs (ERSA Express)and the 6 time (I think) reigning state champs (Strikers). Also throw in the mix the Lobos who appear to be hot right now. Strikers and TN FC play each other first game on Friday night. The loser is effectively out of contention for the state title. This should make for some very interesting soccer.

Go Express!

This should be another exciting tourney for this age group. We now have last year's R3PL champs (TN FC)and this year's R3PL champs (ERSA Express)and the 6 time (I think) reigning state champs (Strikers). Also throw in the mix the Lobos who appear to be hot right now. Strikers and TN FC play each other first game on Friday night. The loser is effectively out of contention for the state title. This should make for some very interesting soccer.

Go Express!

If I were you, I would not be looking past the Lobos, or your game Saturday will be considered one notch above a scrimmage vs. the Impact.

The Express is not that much of an offensive threat- very good GK saved this team. But you have to score to win.

Both games on Friday could end in ties- if that is the case, then I feel sorry for the Impact and Fury, because teams will advance based on the goal difference vs these two teams.

If I were you, I would not be looking past the Lobos, or your game Saturday will be considered one notch above a scrimmage vs. the Impact.

I agree, I think the Lobos have a chance against the Express. I havent seen the Lobo's play lately but their wins in the state leauge looked impressive.

The TNFC v Strikers will be a grudge match. These team know each other well and It's a matter of who makes the least mistakes. I also think that the winner of this game will go on to win state. I just don't see Express beating either of these teams in a final.

I am disappointed that there isnt semi-final games. Just makes the state tournament more interesting.