McCallie vs CSAS

bluelion

Any details on the game? Who was missing for MCcallie? Was it as close as the score would indicate? When was the last time MC goalie gave up 3 goals in a half?

McCallie came out with a blazing pace of attack. The guy on this strand who said McCallie is overrated must not have seen them play. They are significantly better than CCS. Although CCS might play some ugly, smash-mouth soccer and give a more skilled team like McCallie some problems, McCallie will beat them if they play this season. CSAS was missing two senior starters, and we played the first forty like a team trying not to lose. After going down 3-0, we brought the attack to McCallie in the second half. The game was basically 3-0 McCallie in the first forty and 3-1 CSAS in the second. This is not to say that CSAS dominated the second half. Their second half was nowhere near the first half whipping that McCallie dished out, but CSAS definitely had the better of the play in the final forty. If not for an ugly 4th goal by McCallie, CSAS would have stolen a tie. Going back to the quality of McCallie this year, let me say that I would take them over any team in this area if I had to win a game. I know that Baylor, a team that always plays quality soccer, might beat them, but my money is on McCallie as the most talented team in this area. Only time will tell.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCallie came out with a blazing pace of attack. The guy on this strand who said McCallie is overrated must not have seen them play. They are significantly better than CCS. Although CCS might play some ugly, smash-mouth soccer and give a more skilled team like McCallie some problems, McCallie will beat them if they play this season. CSAS was missing two senior starters, and we played the first forty like a team trying not to lose. After going down 3-0, we brought the attack to McCallie in the second half. The game was basically 3-0 McCallie in the first forty and 3-1 CSAS in the second. This is not to say that CSAS dominated the second half. Their second half was nowhere near the first half whipping that McCallie dished out, but CSAS definitely had the better of the play in the final forty. If not for an ugly 4th goal by McCallie, CSAS would have stolen a tie. Going back to the quality of McCallie this year, let me say that I would take them over any team in this area if I had to win a game. I know that Baylor, a team that always plays quality soccer, might beat them, but my money is on McCallie as the most talented team in this area. Only time will tell.

You're a funny guy, spoken by a guy whose team got took to the woodshed by CCS, heck they even spotted you the first goal before ripping off five of their own! CCS beat you like a dog at your place with some of that "ugly smash mouth soccer". I have to go now, I'm laughing so hard I'm crying...........

i am curiuos to see how mccallie plays against dalton. i believe that will answer some question about mccallie. i just thought the comment was disrespectful to the csas soccer team. i should not have said a word abnout the tuition, but the comment sounded like it was a joke that the game was so close. i also saw the mccallie starters playing 80-90% of the game. i would say csas has had as much success as mccallie the last 10 years or so. i could be wrong, but it has to be close.

CCS, I am laughing along with you! I really couldn't tell if he was just trying to build up McCallie and CSAS or tear down CCS. Sounds like you guys had a great game against CSAS. I guess that ruffled some feathers....or he is a closet McCallie fan?

You're a funny guy, spoken by a guy whose team got took to the woodshed by CCS, heck they even spotted you the first goal before ripping off five of their own! CCS beat you like a dog at your place with some of that "ugly smash mouth soccer". I have to go now, I'm laughing so hard I'm crying...........

CCS, I am laughing along with you! I really couldn't tell if he was just trying to build up McCallie and CSAS or tear down CCS. Sounds like you guys had a great game against CSAS. I guess that ruffled some feathers....or he is a closet McCallie fan?

I believe he's straddling the fence on who he's actually a fan of to be honest with you Jon26. They get beat 5 to 1 by CCS, soundly may i say, but yet a team they almost come back and beat is better that CCS. Please, give me a break!!!!

McCallie has three very big games coming up in the next two weeks and after a solid 3-0 halftime lead, it was time to be careful in the wet conditions and play some subs. This is a very dominate team with a lot of potential in state play. CCS and Baylor should not be confident after both loosing to Catholic.

Perhaps I should explain. Yes, CCS "took [us] to the woodshed." My beef with their style of play is based on the following: after going up 4-1, CCS drew five yellow cards. That reflects poorly on a team's character. When you were up 5-1, one of your players, fouled one of our defenders from behind on a dead run, sending him sprawling. Now if this happens in a close game, it is a different matter, but when you play that way when you are that far up and late into the match most people would frown upon it. By the way, when your fans jeered at our sprawled out defender yelling, "Awww get up. You're faking it.", he got up and flipped off the crowd. He has been removed from the team for losing his composure. My point is this, CCS has been beating us for years, and I have no love for you. I have, however, had lots of respect, and my previous comments on this site support that claim. I have respected CCS because you have been a team that balanced aggression with quality, 'beautiful' play. I refer to the 'beautiful' game concept espoused by many in recent years. I don't like watching two teams clobber each other for eighty minutes. I don't like American rules football tactics being used on the soccer pitch. I do like watching soccer played as the beautiful game that it is. Let the footballers play football, and let the futbollers play real futbol. As to my comments about McCallie, they play an impressive game that is like unto some of the CCS teams I have seen in past years. This year's CCS team, however, seems to be trying to make up for a diminished skill level with a more brutal style of play. Results do speak for themselves. but there is also 'winning ugly' and 'winning pretty'. I remind myself at times, that the team is bigger than the player; the game is bigger than the team; and life trumps them all. You play however you see fit, but always remember that we all contribute to the creation of an ever-evolving game. I don't want to see a sort of 'ugly American' version of that game evolve. I do want to see hard-charging soccer filled with displays of skill that give you goose bumps. I know that there are plenty of fans who love to see high speed collisions, but I prefer to see a Cruyff turn followed by a double scissors and lay off to an open teammate. To each his own. Good luck to you in the post season. Lastly, I'm glad to see David up and walking. He, by the way, is an excellent example of a hard, and clean playing, soccer player.

McCallie has three very big games coming up in the next two weeks and after a solid 3-0 halftime lead, it was time to be careful in the wet conditions and play some subs. This is a very dominate team with a lot of potential in state play. CCS and Baylor should not be confident after both loosing to Catholic.

Maybe it's time for McCallie to step up and play teams like Knox Catholic, which is by the way #1 in the state in A/AA and probably beyond that. CCS is not by any means over confident!

If Duncan Keegan - a great player -can almost single-handedly beat McCallie, not sure how the McCallie defense will hold up against the onslaught that Baylor will bring their way.

I have been to a few of McCallie's games and their field is alot better than CSAS's. Also, I am sure the Tornados will be fully prepared and aware of the few potential offensive attacks that Baylor brings. Also, McCallie will be sure to have their starters in the whole time vs. Dalton, Baylor, CCS and Webb. I am sure McCallie will be aware of the attacks that they are going to face and will not shy away from the ball or the player. These will be great games and teams to watch. I look forward to seeing some great soccer and some great players like Zander Davis and Kelly Smith from Baylor, Cartter Kerr and Max Crabtree from McCallie, the strong uprising freshman class of CCS and Osvaldo from Dalton.

I also was glad to see David Wilson at the CCS Catholic game. He is a great player and a great kid. Contiune to keep him and the Wilsons in your prayers.

Perhaps I should explain. Yes, CCS "took [us] to the woodshed." My beef with their style of play is based on the following: after going up 4-1, CCS drew five yellow cards. That reflects poorly on a team's character. When you were up 5-1, one of your players, fouled one of our defenders from behind on a dead run, sending him sprawling. Now if this happens in a close game, it is a different matter, but when you play that way when you are that far up and late into the match most people would frown upon it. By the way, when your fans jeered at our sprawled out defender yelling, "Awww get up. You're faking it.", he got up and flipped off the crowd. He has been removed from the team for losing his composure. My point is this, CCS has been beating us for years, and I have no love for you. I have, however, had lots of respect, and my previous comments on this site support that claim. I have respected CCS because you have been a team that balanced aggression with quality, 'beautiful' play. I refer to the 'beautiful' game concept espoused by many in recent years. I don't like watching two teams clobber each other for eighty minutes. I don't like American rules football tactics being used on the soccer pitch. I do like watching soccer played as the beautiful game that it is. Let the footballers play football, and let the futbollers play real futbol. As to my comments about McCallie, they play an impressive game that is like unto some of the CCS teams I have seen in past years. This year's CCS team, however, seems to be trying to make up for a diminished skill level with a more brutal style of play. Results do speak for themselves. but there is also 'winning ugly' and 'winning pretty'. I remind myself at times, that the team is bigger than the player; the game is bigger than the team; and life trumps them all. You play however you see fit, but always remember that we all contribute to the creation of an ever-evolving game. I don't want to see a sort of 'ugly American' version of that game evolve. I do want to see hard-charging soccer filled with displays of skill that give you goose bumps. I know that there are plenty of fans who love to see high speed collisions, but I prefer to see a Cruyff turn followed by a double scissors and lay off to an open teammate. To each his own. Good luck to you in the post season. Lastly, I'm glad to see David up and walking. He, by the way, is an excellent example of a hard, and clean playing, soccer player.

Diminished skill level, are you kidding me? Sounds like you are a sore loser and I am really surprised by that but I have many friends on the CSAS team and I know that they are not like you. I hope that Adam Wright gets back to normal and they have a good season and Duncan keep up the good work. It is great to have David Wilson on the sideline, he is an inspiration to us all............