region 5-3A...thoughts.

Dedicated#62

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This will be Lipscomb's final run in 3A but when all is said and done I think they are the team to beat for a state title. "

I'm still not convinced that this is Lipscomb's last year in 3A. If the TSSAA does vote out the multiplier, I'm not sure if Lipscomb will drop back to 2A. If the TSSAA permits teams to move up in classification as they have in the past, I would guess that Lipscomb Administrators will consider the option of remaining in 3A.

[/quote

Memphis Mitchell will be looking for Lipscomb. Mitchell returns 8 starters from on offesens and 2 new additons that transferred from 4A Melrose that will ignite the state of Tennessee. Everyone at the semifinal game truthfully knows that Mitchell beat Lipscomb on the field, but lost by the score. It won't happen this time !

How did they beat them on the field?

Dude you had to be there to see it. Lipscomb had basically conceded to defeat. Lipscomb was shutdown basically all night on offense. There was a major breakdown in coaching on Mitchell's behalf. The coaches from Mitchell were trying to play it safe and not lose the game with the lead instead of putting Lipscomb away. Mitchell had the ball with about 3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter with the lead. It was 4th and 1 and they elected to do a quick kick ( foolish ) Now The freshman runningback was averaging right at 6 yards per carry. It was a coaching nightmare to see them breakdown like that. Mitchell's star linebacker went out for a play and whoa and behold Zach Rodgers catches a slant and take it the distance for 6. I personally like Zach because he is fast as they come. I am looking forward to hearing about him this year.

Well, the last time I looked, Lipscomb won the 3a Championship, not Mitchell. Every time a 5-3a school goes down there and beats that region 8 school, we all hear about "woulda, coulda, shoulda". I will be the first to say that I am not particularly a DL fan, but you have to give them their due. DL was not beat "on the field", Mitchell was and unless you can turn back the clock and change the score, it stills says DL won. You can talk garbage all day and DL still beat you!!!

I get sick and tired of region 8 or region 7 getting into this hype of all their All-Americans and they just go home every year beat down and defeated. I think it makes four years now that a 5-3a school has beat your side of the state.

Oh yeah, it will be good to talk about region 5-3a again.

Now highschoolking, you can crawl back under your rock and lick your region 8 wounds.

Well, the last time I looked, Lipscomb won the 3a Championship, not Mitchell. Every time a 5-3a school goes down there and beats that region 8 school, we all hear about "woulda, coulda, shoulda". I will be the first to say that I am not particularly a DL fan, but you have to give them their due. DL was not beat "on the field", Mitchell was and unless you can turn back the clock and change the score, it stills says DL won. You can talk garbage all day and DL still beat you!!!

I get sick and tired of region 8 or region 7 getting into this hype of all their All-Americans and they just go home every year beat down and defeated. I think it makes four years now that a 5-3a school has beat your side of the state.

Oh yeah, it will be good to talk about region 5-3a again.

Now highschoolking, you can crawl back under your rock and lick your region 8 wounds.

I am not going to get into a debate with you about this. However click this link below and read this for yourself. The comments I made are from what Lipscomb coach said. Oh before you click that link let me add that once TSSAA start testing for steroids that alot of The Eastern Tennessee teams will lose often in the playoffs !

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/...20-mitchell-18/

I am not going to get into a debate with you about this. However click this link below and read this for yourself. The comments I made are from what Lipscomb coach said. Oh before you click that link let me add that once TSSAA start testing for steroids that alot of The Eastern Tennessee teams will lose often in the playoffs !

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/...20-mitchell-18/

OK I read your article. Sounds like Mitchell was beat til they scored with 4 minutes to go. Then they gave up the big play in the end to lose.

Hey, that's what state champs do. They find a way to win even though they maybe didn't play their best game.

Get over it. I'm sure Lipscomb would be willing to play you again. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OK I read your article. Sounds like Mitchell was beat til they scored with 4 minutes to go. Then they gave up the big play in the end to lose.

Hey, that's what state champs do. They find a way to win even though they maybe didn't play their best game.

Get over it. I'm sure Lipscomb would be willing to play you again. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Man oh Man I hope like heck they make it. We're picking up where we left off the night of Nov 30.th. We won't forget ! We will be back, Hope to see you real soon !

Man oh Man I hope like heck they make it. We're picking up where we left off the night of Nov 30.th. We won't forget ! We will be back, Hope to see you real soon !

Better worry about your team first. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Lipscomb will probably be there again.

What highschoolking does not realize is that the DL coach is infamous for bestowing lavish praise on an opponent he has just beat the daylights out of.

While Mitchell may have a good team the path to the Clinic Bowl Finals runs thru Region 5.....and that is a fact.

I remember a few years ago ....a certain region 8 team played Greenbrier over in Memphis and at the coin toss, one of the Region 8 team captains asked Herndon why they wasted their time in coming over there. Well two hours later Greenbrier was on its way to the Clinic Bowl and the region 8 team went home with their tail between their legs.

Moral of the story is this......you still have to play the whole game and at the end all that matters is the score.

Now be a good little kid and crawl back under that region 8 rock highschoolking

What highschoolking does not realize is that the DL coach is infamous for bestowing lavish praise on an opponent he has just beat the daylights out of.

While Mitchell may have a good team the path to the Clinic Bowl Finals runs thru Region 5.....and that is a fact.

I remember a few years ago ....a certain region 8 team played Greenbrier over in Memphis and at the coin toss, one of the Region 8 team captains asked Herndon why they wasted their time in coming over there. Well two hours later Greenbrier was on its way to the Clinic Bowl and the region 8 team went home with their tail between their legs.

Moral of the story is this......you still have to play the whole game and at the end all that matters is the score.

Now be a good little kid and crawl back under that region 8 rock highschoolking

Well I am putting you and the entire state of Tennessee on notice. We're coming for you and we are going to hit you and whatever team from wherever smack dab in the mouth ! So you can take that very rock that you speak of and stick it up your azz. You have been warned !

Well I am putting you and the entire state of Tennessee on notice. We're coming for you and we are going to hit you and whatever team from wherever smack dab in the mouth ! So you can take that very rock that you speak of and stick it up your azz. You have been warned !

Wow!!! Such verbal tenacity. I said crawl under the rock....your response was stick it....well...I wouldn't play with that big of rock if I were you. I guess when you don't have much of a leg to stand on, you get personal. That's all right, the Bulldog has heard it before again and again. I will say it again, Region 5-3a is one of the toughest year in and out. Region 8 has had a few good teams, but is not very strong top to bottom. Get personal if you like, but the fact is: Region 5 has owned the west regions for several seasons during the semis!!!

This is a region 5 posting. It is a good thing that a lot of the Region 5 posters have not started posting yet or you would be overrun by comments you wouldn't like.

Now trash-talking is what it appears you do best. Last I checked, that has not won one Clinic Bowl.

Why don't you set up your own region 8 fantasy land posting and post all the verbiage and misguided machismo there and all three of your fans can share ideas with you.

The road to the Clinic Bowl from the west runs thru REGION 5....look it up!!!!