region 5-3A...thoughts.

Dedicated#62

Teams wont beat Lipscomb with big play offenses. If anyone is going to beat Lipscomb, they will have to do it with a strong running game, keep the time of possession on their side by a fairly wide margin and force a turnover or two. Lipscomb's offense is too tough to stop if you continue to give them the football, even if you're scoring. Eventually they will stop you and if your defense has been out there most of the night, they wear you down.

Team with the best shot to beat Lipscomb will have a strong OL and a good DL. I dont think Lipscomb will be very big, experienced or deep on the LOS. And I think they will have a difficult time replacing Holt and Moneypenny at RB.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!!! Such verbal tenacity. I said crawl under the rock....your response was stick it....well...I wouldn't play with that big of rock if I were you. I guess when you don't have much of a leg to stand on, you get personal. That's all right, the Bulldog has heard it before again and again. I will say it again, Region 5-3a is one of the toughest year in and out. Region 8 has had a few good teams, but is not very strong top to bottom. Get personal if you like, but the fact is: Region 5 has owned the west regions for several seasons during the semis!!!

This is a region 5 posting. It is a good thing that a lot of the Region 5 posters have not started posting yet or you would be overrun by comments you wouldn't like.

Now trash-talking is what it appears you do best. Last I checked, that has not won one Clinic Bowl.

Why don't you set up your own region 8 fantasy land posting and post all the verbiage and misguided machismo there and all three of your fans can share ideas with you.

The road to the Clinic Bowl from the west runs thru REGION 5....look it up!!!!

I for one will never discredit any team or teams thier given due ! Lipscomb are the state champs and until someone else win it then the road goes through them. As a whole Region 8 couldn't hold Region 5 or probably any other Region's jockstrap. However I am referring only to the 2008 Mitchell High Football team. Now originally, like I stated Lipscomb won by score and I stick behind what I said that Mitchell won the game on the field but blew it. At one point Mitchell was up by two scores in the 4th quarter but couldn't maintain the lead. Region 5 is evry strong and have quaity teams, there is no argument from me there. The past is the past and we all must move on so that is why that I am looking to the present and the future. Once again you'll have been warned !

Sure BUB...I have warned....like that is going to stick.

You can talk all you want but you guys were lucky to get by your quarterfinal game and you lost four games overall. I thought the way you talked your team was undefeated and by some miracle DL slipped by you.

OK ..I have been warned and I am shaking in my boots.......from laughing!!!

My team should be a contender but everyone knows the road to the region goes thru DL.

Mitchell should move along in a weak region. Come on down to the "black and blue headknocker region" with some wide open offenses.

Heck guy...last year our 4th seed Cheatham Co. gave Fayette Ware all they could handle and that was supposedly one of the top teams in west TN.

We hear it every year from west TN. Talk is cheap. Warning me or anyone else from region 5 just gets us going.

Now for the last time go crawl under something.......please!

turning two has a very valid point about DL and ball control. Problem is they can play defense.

Maybe the "kryptonite" for DL is if every opponent of theirs wore Goodpasture uniforms.....well I reckon they would have to play like Goodpasture as well......ha!

I for one will never discredit any team or teams thier given due ! Lipscomb are the state champs and until someone else win it then the road goes through them. As a whole Region 8 couldn't hold Region 5 or probably any other Region's jockstrap. However I am referring only to the 2008 Mitchell High Football team. Now originally, like I stated Lipscomb won by score and I stick behind what I said that Mitchell won the game on the field but blew it. At one point Mitchell was up by two scores in the 4th quarter but couldn't maintain the lead. Region 5 is evry strong and have quaity teams, there is no argument from me there. The past is the past and we all must move on so that is why that I am looking to the present and the future. Once again you'll have been warned !

Whoa....., Region 5 is really scared of the "2008 Mitchell High School Football team".

Where is Mitchell located anyway? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Don't really remember reading much about Mitchell except from you on this Region 5 3A thread?

Sure BUB...I have warned....like that is going to stick.You can talk all you want but you guys were lucky to get by your quarterfinal game and you lost four games overall. I thought the way you talked your team was undefeated and by some miracle DL slipped by you.OK ..I have been warned and I am shaking in my boots.......from laughing!!!My team should be a contender but everyone knows the road to the region goes thru DL.Mitchell should move along in a weak region. Come on down to the "black and blue headknocker region" with some wide open offenses.Heck guy...last year our 4th seed Cheatham Co. gave Fayette Ware all they could handle and that was supposedly one of the top teams in west TN.We hear it every year from west TN. Talk is cheap. Warning me or anyone else from region 5 just gets us going.Now for the last time go crawl under something.......please!turning two has a very valid point about DL and ball control. Problem is they can play defense. Maybe the "kryptonite" for DL is if every opponent of theirs wore Goodpasture uniforms.....well I reckon they would have to play like Goodpasture as well......ha!

How can you make a legitmate claim for kids in East Tennessee when everyone in their right minds know most of those kids use anabolic steroids . now you go crawl somewhere, maybe on a funny farm I assume.

Whoa....., Region 5 is really scared of the "2008 Mitchell High School Football team".Where is Mitchell located anyway? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Don't really remember reading much about Mitchell except from you on this Region 5 3A thread?

Mitchell is one of the many teams located in Memphis Tennessee unlike your town where every child goes to one school. What is your population 1,000 ?

How can you make a legitmate claim for kids in East Tennessee when everyone in their right minds know most of those kids use anabolic steroids . now you go crawl somewhere, maybe on a funny farm I assume.Mitchell is one of the many teams located in Memphis Tennessee unlike your town where every child goes to one school. What is your poulation 1,000 ?

Memphis, OK thanks. I really didn't know.

Population of school or area? The population of the county I'm in is about 75,000 I guess. 3 high schools that have football. 1A; 3A and 5A schools are all located within the county.

Certainly no where near the population of the Memphis area; and I'm glad of that. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

How can you make a legitmate claim for kids in East Tennessee when everyone in their right minds know most of those kids use anabolic steroids . now you go crawl somewhere, maybe on a funny farm I assume.Mitchell is one of the many teams located in Memphis Tennessee unlike your town where every child goes to one school. What is your poulation 1,000 ?

I have no idea what you talking about in your quote. M school has about 800 students and the county has over 100,000. If you are trying to make it look like we are all country bumpkins, you are way overmatched. I live in Middle Tn and that is far from East Tn. If you weren't from Memphis, you would know that there are other parts of the state because the world does not rotate around Memphis and I agree with 66in74 on that part

You are right about one thing.....I am funny...sometimes I crack myself up. You, on the other hand, are delusional at best. I'll crawl off tomy "funny" farm if you crawl under your Mitchell rock.

I have no idea what you talking about in your quote. M school has about 800 students and the county has over 100,000. If you are trying to make it look like we are all country bumpkins, you are way overmatched. I live in Middle Tn and that is far from East Tn. If you weren't from Memphis, you would know that there are other parts of the state because the world does not rotate around Memphis and I agree with 66in74 on that part

You are right about one thing.....I am funny...sometimes I crack myself up. You, on the other hand, are delusional at best. I'll crawl off tomy "funny" farm if you crawl under your Mitchell rock.

Oh so you crack yourself up ? Well news flash........ please allow someone else to laugh at your jokes first other than yourself and while waiting I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. On the other hand ,if it was not for cities like Memphis or Nashville then the world wouldn't know that the state of Tennessee existed. Knoxville is known because of The University of Teneessee Vols ,but other than that anything else in between is not a factor !

Memphis, OK thanks. I really didn't know.

Population of school or area? The population of the county I'm in is about 75,000 I guess. 3 high schools that have football. 1A; 3A and 5A schools are all located within the county.

Certainly no where near the population of the Memphis area; and I'm glad of that. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Ok I see ,not to make an excuse but you have only 3 high schools in the county. Mitchell is within a 5 mile radius of Hillcrest, Whitehaven, Fairley, Westwood, Hamilton, Oakhaven, Carver, and Sheffield High Schools. So your school would have much more of a talent base to choose a team from if you get my point.

Oh so you crack yourself up ? Well news flash........ please allow someone else to laugh at your jokes first other than yourself and while waiting I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. On the other hand ,if it was not for cities like Memphis or Nashville then the world wouldn't know that the state of Tennessee existed. Knoxville is known because of The University of Teneessee Vols ,but other than that anything else in between is not a factor !

Do you think the Bulldog really cares what you think? There have been thousands upon thousands of fans join this Coacht site since I joined. I am practically a charter member. You are a typical non factor flash in a pan one time big mouth. I have seen them come and go...especially from west Tn. This is football not roundball. In other words a real MAN's Game!!!

News Flash!!!! I live 25 min from Nashville. I told you I live in MIDDLE TN....why don't you get a map since you obviously cannot comprehend the English language or have any idea of the topography of this state.

I do laugh at my myself and my jokes. I have laughed uproarously at your your overblown verbiosity and sorry attempts at trash talking. You sir....are an amateur!! Come back to the Bulldog when you grow up and have something REAL to talk about. Meanwhile since you obviously have forgotten how to crawl back under your rock, please refrain yourself from further embarassment on your obviously poor knowledge of TN geography by blabbing on and on about nothing to do with REGION 5. If you continue to post here, I shall endeavor to open a new post on region 8...which I am sure will attract all of 3 people and you can talk among yourselves.

Anyway, you helped get the Bulldog's blood boiling for football season or what you call in west TN...the preseason to Basketball.

Do you think the Bulldog really cares what you think? There have been thousands upon thousands of fans join this Coacht site since I joined. I am practically a charter member. You are a typical non factor flash in a pan one time big mouth. I have seen them come and go...especially from west Tn. This is football not roundball. In other words a real MAN's Game!!!

News Flash!!!! I live 25 min from Nashville. I told you I live in MIDDLE TN....why don't you get a map since you obviously cannot comprehend the English language or have any idea of the topography of this state.

I do laugh at my myself and my jokes. I have laughed uproarously at your your overblown verbiosity and sorry attempts at trash talking. You sir....are an amateur!! Come back to the Bulldog when you grow up and have something REAL to talk about. Meanwhile since you obviously have forgotten how to crawl back under your rock, please refrain yourself from further embarassment on your obviously poor knowledge of TN geography by blabbing on and on about nothing to do with REGION 5. If you continue to post here, I shall endeavor to open a new post on region 8...which I am sure will attract all of 3 people and you can talk among yourselves.

Anyway, you helped get the Bulldog's blood boiling for football season or what you call in west TN...the preseason to Basketball.

You probably are a washed up, has been better yet a never was ! You live 25 mins from Nashville, darn do you live in a city, town or trailer park ? Do you have a name for your city besides Middle Tn ? The last time I check there was no such city. I don't need to know much about the geography of where you are from because you and your sorry town are irrelevant. It seems that you also like to talk in 3rd person which makes you sound like the baphoon that you are. I will continue to post here as long as you keep the weak #### replies coming. Did you even play the game? You probably some loser that rode the pine just to be on the team. However bullet holes will stop your baphoonery ! So I am out because you are a loser and are not worth me communicating with any further. It's easy to hide behind the keyboard and talk trash ! I see that you're a real internet gangsta.

You probably are a washed up, has been better yet a never was ! You live 25 mins from Nashville, darn do you live in a city, town or trailer park ? Do you have a name for your city besides Middle Tn ? The last time I check there was no such city. I don't need to know much about the geography of where you are from because you and your sorry town are irrelevant. It seems that you also like to talk in 3rd person which makes you sound like the baphoon that you are. I will continue to post here as long as you keep the weak #### replies coming. Did you even play the game? You probably some loser that rode the pine just to be on the team. However bullet holes will stop your baphoonery ! So I am out because you are a loser and are not worth me communicating with any further. It's easy to hide behind the keyboard and talk trash ! I see that you're a real internet gangsta.

What is a "baphoon"? It could be a clown or someone of the Muslim faith. You are out of here because you can't take it!

I commend you on your use of bigger words other than gangsta. Bullet holes???? You can do better than that, can't you? Probably not!

I am from Rudderville and I speak to folks like you in the third person so that you can "understand" the Bulldog.

Played the game and coached the game...won a championship.....did you???

As far as my weak replies....they aren't weak if they have run your rear end out of here. The Bulldog has been on here for almost 7 years. You have been on here less than a year, so I can't even consider you as "meaningful.