Webb vs CAK

sacrifice07

BigG how did yall do tonight against Webb?

Sorry, my internet was down all last night...

Great game, in VERY cold conditions! The first 10 minutes Webb had us on our heels, and really brought it with numbers to goal. They almost scored a couple of times, and were pressing hard. We started to settle down, but had a rough first half. We scored a beautiful header (Chris Pifer) off of a corner kick, and headed into halftime up 1-0.

We came out much calmer in the second half, and worked the ball a lot better. Tarr scored a nice goal, then Zack got fouled about 20 yards out, and Doug Liedle hit a BEAUTIFUL free kick off the side post to go up 3-0.

Webb seemed to be flat most of the second half, which really confused me. They seem to have a lot of skill, but didn't show the passion of years past. I will say it was the cleanest CAK vs. Webb game we have ever played (usually it gets a bit rough). I think Webb has the ability for great things, if they want to. They seemed young (though I couldn't tell you why) but I will be interested in seeing how far they go.

As always, a great rivalry. Good luck to Webb, with the rest of your season. I believe you guys will do very well.