Carter @ Seymour

akula21

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Game in our district. Seymour is on a roll right now coming off a good showing at the DB tourney. And Carter Really impressed me in our game last night. Should be a great match up. Good Luck to both teams.

This is usually pretty heated, if I remember from years past. This has huge ramifications on the district. Seymour has not shied away from some pretty powerful opponents, and faired quite well. Carter doesn't have as hard of a schedule, which I think will hurt them in the end, but they do have one of the best strikers/midfielders in the state in Mark.

I think if Seymour keeps their heads, the advantage goes to them. I heard earlier that Carter was making some noise, but haven't heard anything about them or from them since they tied Karns.

Big Game in our district. Seymour is on a roll right now coming off a good showing at the DB tourney. And Carter Really impressed me in our game last night. Should be a great match up. Good Luck to both teams.

look at akula digging for info

how did they impress you the game was sloppy i thought

they did all these things this weekend without one of their best players who went down in the DB game has anyone heard about him is he ok and will he play friday?

my son came home last night and said mark told one of the players from alcoa near the end of the game he thought about transfering to CAK this year and didn't but next year he is, is there any truth to this Mark?

I know if i played and carter and heard this i would be devestated, but i think mark is the captain is this anyway for a captain to act if you don't win transfer to somewhere you will

I figured someone would think I was "digging for info". What do you think any of us could learn that we don't know about each other. Seymour had a few players come to watch the game last night. So I guess they have dug for info already.

And Carter impressed me with how hard they played in the second half. They seemed like a different team than the first. I would hope seymour players would be aware of that, b/c if they assume an easy match, I think they may give up a goal or two.

I think seymour's schedule will be an advantage in this match, but if you give mark a chance, he'll make you pay. Also, I thought the other forward and a couple of the mids were very good. But what do I know? Hope seymour is back to full strength so no one can make excuses.

good luck to both teams.

It should be a tough match-up (a heated one too). If Carter's defense will be more physical and stick with their forwards and midfielders, they should be fine. Avoiding giving the other team a 2-0 lead in the first 5 minutes (like the Alcoa game) would help. If Carter's defense played like they did against Alcoa, Seymour will win. If Carter's defense doesn't give as much space as they gave Alcoa and play physical, Carter.

my son came home last night and said mark told one of the players from alcoa near the end of the game he thought about transfering to CAK this year and didn't but next year he is, is there any truth to this Mark?

I know if i played and carter and heard this i would be devestated, but i think mark is the captain is this anyway for a captain to act if you don't win transfer to somewhere you will

Man, you really don't like Mark... I don't understand why. He is one of the nicest kids I know, and I believe a high quality player. He has never come on here to talk smack (or defend himself for that matter, either) so I don't really get your beef with him.

If he talked about transferring (of which I got wind of that rumor months ago) I heard that it was because there was talk of being rezoned for Austin East or another school, when the rezoning was up in the air because of the new Hardin Valley school. I don't know for a fact, since I haven't actually talked to Mark in years (and purposely stepped away from this rumor because of obvious reasons). I actually heard the initial story from Seymour's coach, and then from a few other players, but then it faded away. Obviously, he didn't get rezoned, and as far as I know, is staying with Carter soccer for his entire high school career. I think it is a kid, who had some close friends play at CAK, and gave some thought to transferring when he was going to be rezoned. I just don't like for a kid to get slammed over and over again, and no one come to his defense (you have to admit, you have been giving him a pretty hard time).

And of COURSE Akula is going to dig for information. It is called scouting. It is a HUGE game in his district, and I am sure any info he could get would be good for his program. I would think any coach would do the same.

Easttnref-I have to ask the same question, why DO you hate Mark so much? All you've done on here (as in all the message boards posts) is question his class and his devotion to his team. Sure criticize the Carter team all you want but it just shows your ignorance preaching about class and character by you attacking someone else's class and character when you barely even know him. Why don't you show some?

When I heard the rumor that Mark had transfered to CAK I imagined he and Brandon playing playing together and had nightmares.

One of Seymour's players said last year that you really wish you could hate Mark because he is so good but you can't because he is such a nice guy!

The game is friday night at 6:30 which is a time change to accomodate JV afterwards. Akula if your not playing come see us.

Akula- I was extremely impressed with the play of your team monday night. You all dominated us in the first half and I like your style of play. I highly respect your ability as a coach and you as a person, I just hate having to play your team lol. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . Good Luck the rest of the season and hopefully we'll see each other again in the playoffs.

As for the rumors of Mark transferring next year, wouldn't that be pointless since he would have to sit out, because of TSSAA rules? I know Mark very well and I haven't heard any such talk from him.

Thanks for the compliments Sportsnut, you all definetly showed up in the second half motivated and I was glad when the final whistle blew. Hope the match on tuesday went well and good luck on friday night. I know how heated these matches get, so here is hoping that both teams come out injury free. Seymoursoccer, I am planning on coming to watch, but with CAK/Catholic and Bearden/Farragut going on about 10 mins from my hThat last part was supposed to say, the knoxville games are about 10 mins from my house, so I am not sure which match I am going to watch. Seymour is a bit of a drive for me. Also, spoke with my team, Mark never talked about transferring.

Man, you really don't like Mark... I don't understand why. He is one of the nicest kids I know, and I believe a high quality player. He has never come on here to talk smack (or defend himself for that matter, either) so I don't really get your beef with him.

If he talked about transferring (of which I got wind of that rumor months ago) I heard that it was because there was talk of being rezoned for Austin East or another school, when the rezoning was up in the air because of the new Hardin Valley school. I don't know for a fact, since I haven't actually talked to Mark in years (and purposely stepped away from this rumor because of obvious reasons). I actually heard the initial story from Seymour's coach, and then from a few other players, but then it faded away. Obviously, he didn't get rezoned, and as far as I know, is staying with Carter soccer for his entire high school career. I think it is a kid, who had some close friends play at CAK, and gave some thought to transferring when he was going to be rezoned. I just don't like for a kid to get slammed over and over again, and no one come to his defense (you have to admit, you have been giving him a pretty hard time).

And of COURSE Akula is going to dig for information. It is called scouting. It is a HUGE game in his district, and I am sure any info he could get would be good for his program. I would think any coach would do the same.

dang g always in defense mode it is ok i promise and akula there will be no excuses but seymour will be without one of there best players for the next two weeks so he probably will not see carter or alcoa but seymour was without him the whole tournament

Easttnref-I have to ask the same question, why DO you hate Mark so much? All you've done on here (as in all the message boards posts) is question his class and his devotion to his team. Sure criticize the Carter team all you want but it just shows your ignorance preaching about class and character by you attacking someone else's class and character when you barely even know him. Why don't you show some?

no need i exemplify it in everyday life and as long as god knows where i stand forget you all right G