State Brackets

I just viewed the state brackets at tngirlsbasketball.net. How are the overall seed #s determined? I don't see how you can say one team is seeded higher than another if the teams haven't played this year. And it doesn't look to be based on state results from last year. Maybe Nationals results ??? Can anyone shed some light?

I just viewed the state brackets at tngirlsbasketball.net. How are the overall seed #s determined? I don't see how you can say one team is seeded higher than another if the teams haven't played this year. And it doesn't look to be based on state results from last year. Maybe Nationals results ??? Can anyone shed some light?

The seeds come from last season's finish, if that team or organization has a team in the next age group and they finish in the top two in their substate their seed follows them. The sub-state finishes determine what pool you might land in and those are decided before anything takes place.

For example. East 1, West 1, South 2 and North 2 in one pool then East 2, West 2, North 1 and South 1 would be in the other pool. Then the order of finish (1st or 2nd) in the substates would determine where you land. This could change from year to year.

Not sure about the other age groups, but the 13U State should be a great tournament. There are at least 5 teams that I have seen that really have a chance to win it this year. I'm sure a few of the ones I haven't seen have a shot as well. Should be good. Unfortunately, I 'll be WATCHING this year as our team went down in the Sub-State finals. I definitely plan on attending. Anyone agree?

Not sure about the other age groups, but the 13U State should be a great tournament. There are at least 5 teams that I have seen that really have a chance to win it this year. I'm sure a few the ones I haven't seen have a shot as well. Should be good. Unfortunately, I 'll be WATCHING this year as our team went down in the Sub-State finals. I definitely plan on attending. Anyone agree?

If all the teams are healthy and come to play the Refs will have alot of fun getting to do their job and it will be well worth the price of admission to watch. I'll be there and GOOD LUCK TO ALL. Inside favorite, Lady Trotters.

In the 14U age division, why do the Elite and the Trotters get in the same bracket???

Just a blind guess... because of the blind draw, the pools were already assigned before the sub state tournaments.

The Elite finished 1st in West and Flight(Trotters) finished 1st in South Middle. Both pools have 2 #1's and 2 #2's.

Good Luck to everyone.

Just a blind guess... because of the blind draw, the pools were already assigned before the sub state tournaments.

The Elite finished 1st in West and Flight(Trotters) finished 1st in South Middle. Both pools have 2 #1's and 2 #2's.

Good Luck to everyone.

this is true BUT with the trotters moving from the east to the south middle that really changed things

NOW YOU CANT have the two best teams inthe state playing each other in the finals?????