CAK/CATHOLIC

timeforsoccer

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well played Catholic! Way to come from behind! We lost to the better team tonight.

We were quite devastated after the first 5 minutes when our captain sweeper took a hit, and broke his collarbone and is most likely out for the season. After shifting around, we got our feet back under us for a while and went up 1-0 off of a corner (Tarr). That ended the half 1-0.

They then tied it up on a gorgeous one touch goal from a through ball on the left flank. We then went up 2-1 off a direct kick by Jake Ragland from about 25 yards out.

Catholic tied it up with about 8 minutes left, and then scored again with only 6 minutes left. They really brought it the last 10 minutes. They are a true quality squad. They deserved the win tonight.

G, hope your sweep recovers quick, that is a tough adjustment in a game like this. you all have had your fair share of injuries, I remember one of the Pifers having a bad injury last year. I know you'll have them ready when it counts. Good luck the rest of the way. Congrats to Catholic. Next round isn't that far away, unless someone slips and overlooks some tough teams in their district.

G described the game well. Was a well played game.

Catholic goalie needs to stick to playing goalie instead of talkin trash to the fans after the game. Don't think he could do that much damage. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

G described the game well. Was a well played game.

Catholic goalie needs to stick to playing goalie instead of talkin trash to the fans after the game. Don't think he could do that much damage. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I heard about the trash talking, and was rather dissappointed, but I guess there was a lot of emotions running wild on both sides. I just think that Joey is a great keeper, without the need to talk anything. I think he will do very well at Lipscomb next season.

Sorry I wasn't able to talk with you after the Game, Reaction. I had to quickly talk to the newspaper, and the boys before running to the hospital to check up on Doug. I really do appreciate you coming up and watching the game. Hopefully it was entertaining enough for you!

CAK has been EXTREMELY fortunate over the past 6 years in being relatively injury free. I am just hoping that this is the last of the major ones headed our way for this season.

Catholic is an EXCELLENT team, with all the right pieces. Coach Leider did a great job adjusting near the end to come away with a well deserved win.

I just read about CAK's injury to one of their players. Real sorry to hear about him. Sounds like he will be out for the season. I know it must really have shaken up the team and you Big G. I find it amazing that you guys were able to play as well as you did the rest of the way. Sorry for the player and your team.

Well played Catholic! Way to come from behind! We lost to the better team tonight.

We were quite devastated after the first 5 minutes when our captain sweeper took a hit, and broke his collarbone and is most likely out for the season. After shifting around, we got our feet back under us for a while and went up 1-0 off of a corner (Tarr). That ended the half 1-0.

They then tied it up on a gorgeous one touch goal from a through ball on the left flank. We then went up 2-1 off a direct kick by Jake Ragland from about 25 yards out.

Catholic tied it up with about 8 minutes left, and then scored again with only 6 minutes left. They really brought it the last 10 minutes. They are a true quality squad. They deserved the win tonight.

I just read about CAK's injury to one of their players. Real sorry to hear about him. Sounds like he will be out for the season. I know it must really have shaken up the team and you Big G. I find it amazing that you guys were able to play as well as you did the rest of the way. Sorry for the player and your team.

Thanks, Chattasoccer. I was really proud of my boys, too. Our prayers are going out to Doug especially tomorrow when he goes back in for re-evaluation of the break. While the chance is slim, I know that the Lord can do amazing things, if it is his will, but I also know that his will might be something else, and I am ok in that, because I trust in Him.

I know that Doug would cherish any of your prayers as well. His appointment is around 3, and he is hoping to make it out in time to go with us to our Loudon match. I will keep you all posted in how he is doing. I will say this, that these boys continue to teach me things about their maturity and walk with the Lord that stil amaze me! Doug is taking this so well... though frustrated and dissappointed, he continues to hold his head up high, and have a smile on his face.

There is still alot of soccer left to be played, and some great games still coming. I hope that we will get another chance at Catholic, but we can't lose sight of the games we must win to get to that point. There are some very capable opponents in the way.

Doug, so sorry to hear that you are out! That was a heck of a hit you took during the game! I heard that you had a somewhat good report from the docs yesterday and that they might use a bone stimulator on your clavicle. Just don't rush back into anything! You still have one more year to play! Plus, you can spend some of your time taking care of those fish that Jake and Christo got as locker pets yesterday! You know with those two, they will be dead within a week.

Good win last night, boys, against Loudon. Just don't forget one important thing: you still need to have fun while you play, otherwise it is pointless. I didn't see a smile all night! Tell your grumpy old coach the same thing! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> (Just messing with you, Big G!) I liked Coach Days "Burger King" hat! Did he get that from the Morse brothers?

Lastly, if all else fails, Doug, use what I put on your car. Maybe that will fix the problem!

Lighten up guys, and enjoy. These are some of the best times of your lives. We all take each other way too seriously. Have a great day!

Doug, so sorry to hear that you are out! That was a heck of a hit you took during the game! I heard that you had a somewhat good report from the docs yesterday and that they might use a bone stimulator on your clavicle. Just don't rush back into anything! You still have one more year to play! Plus, you can spend some of your time taking care of those fish that Jake and Christo got as locker pets yesterday! You know with those two, they will be dead within a week.

Good win last night, boys, against Loudon. Just don't forget one important thing: you still need to have fun while you play, otherwise it is pointless. I didn't see a smile all night! Tell your grumpy old coach the same thing! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> (Just messing with you, Big G!) I liked Coach Days "Burger King" hat! Did he get that from the Morse brothers?

Lastly, if all else fails, Doug, use what I put on your car. Maybe that will fix the problem!

Lighten up guys, and enjoy. These are some of the best times of your lives. We all take each other way too seriously. Have a great day!

I can't decide if I like you more and more or less and less... I tell you this. You are ABSOLUTELY right. I keep thinking of the Top Gun song "You've lost that lovin' feeling" (yeah, that was THE movie when I was growing up!) and I think we are sliding into that funk. We are going to try and get out of it starting today! I think the boys will like it!

I can't decide if I like you more and more or less and less... I tell you this. You are ABSOLUTELY right. I keep thinking of the Top Gun song "You've lost that lovin' feeling" (yeah, that was THE movie when I was growing up!) and I think we are sliding into that funk. We are going to try and get out of it starting today! I think the boys will like it!

You can be my wingman anytime. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> We are totally dating ourselves with mention of top gun. I actually watched that in the theater. Oh man. Hope you all have a good time today, G. Sometimes the best medicine is a fun practice (I like soccer golf, except that I never win). Hope Doug recovers quickly and can return to the field soon.

I really can't get the theme song from Top Gun out of my head now. Great!