Macon vs Baxter Bee's

SONGWRITER

Well I don't post on here much but when you feel a team is "cheating" I guess it's time to ask a few questions. Baxter came to Macon County and beat us in a good game on Monday in "not the best weather". We were to go to Baxter on Tuesday (perfect weather). The game was postponed until today because of a wet field. The baseball coach didn't take into consideration that our girls softball teams also had a game there that was played. People in Lafayette got calls asking why we weren't playing...the Baxter team was practicing on the field. I found out later that Baxter played Friday nite and a double header Saturday...I feel like the game should have been played Tuesday as scheduled and could someone please explain to me why it wasn't..

Also, if any of what I have posted is incorrect please comment on the mistakes...by the way...Baxter did beat us today with a great "well rested" pitcher...2 to 0......

Well I don't post on here much but when you feel a team is "cheating" I guess it's time to ask a few questions. Baxter came to Macon County and beat us in a good game on Monday in "not the best weather". We were to go to Baxter on Tuesday (perfect weather). The game was postponed until today because of a wet field. The baseball coach didn't take into consideration that our girls softball teams also had a game there that was played. People in Lafayette got calls asking why we weren't playing...the Baxter team was practicing on the field. I found out later that Baxter played Friday nite and a double header Saturday...I feel like the game should have been played Tuesday as scheduled and could someone please explain to me why it wasn't..

Also, if any of what I have posted is incorrect please comment on the mistakes...by the way...Baxter did beat us today with a great "well rested" pitcher...2 to 0......

is that your definition of cheating. well first of all you really dont know what you are talking about, because Upperman did not play friday night and tuesday morning there were frozen puddles on the field. and besides if you would ask your outfield how wet the outfield was today if they were honest they would tell you it was extremely wet. so before you go crying why dont you get your facts straight. besides we shouldnt have played monday in sub 40 temperatures but you dont hear us crying foul. you thought that would help you or we wouldnt have played. so go cry else where

Also well rested pitcher, he hadnt pitched since last tuesday, so know your facts before you post because none of them are correct

is that your definition of cheating. well first of all you really dont know what you are talking about, because Upperman did not play friday night and tuesday morning there were frozen puddles on the field. and besides if you would ask your outfield how wet the outfield was today if they were honest they would tell you it was extremely wet. so before you go crying why dont you get your facts straight. besides we shouldnt have played monday in sub 40 temperatures but you dont hear us crying foul. you thought that would help you or we wouldnt have played. so go cry else where

So what you're saying is you had a double header Sat and for some unknown reason you pitched your #1 pitcher and he needed another day rest...is that it?...The Softball field must drain better I guess...And yea the cold weather on Monday was really and advantage for us...explain that too...please!

yea you idiot the softball field does drain better i played on that field for four years and it doesnt drain worth a crap so get your facts straight

ok guys...this is fun...I've already been called an idiot....why was it too wet for a game but not too wet for practice??

It's ok...you guys have the best team in the district with the best record...we played you a lot closer game Monday than you ( and me too ) thought we would but I think it's bad sportsmanship to do what you did. Why do you think we play district games back to back...

p.s....just as a side note...do you think our centerfielder caught that ball tonight or not...just asking....

Well I don't post on here much but when you feel a team is "cheating" I guess it's time to ask a few questions. Baxter came to Macon County and beat us in a good game on Monday in "not the best weather". We were to go to Baxter on Tuesday (perfect weather). The game was postponed until today because of a wet field. The baseball coach didn't take into consideration that our girls softball teams also had a game there that was played. People in Lafayette got calls asking why we weren't playing...the Baxter team was practicing on the field. I found out later that Baxter played Friday nite and a double header Saturday...I feel like the game should have been played Tuesday as scheduled and could someone please explain to me why it wasn't..Also, if any of what I have posted is incorrect please comment on the mistakes...by the way...Baxter did beat us today with a great "well rested" pitcher...2 to 0......

first off the game monday was not as close as the scoreboard made it seem! a bad hop on a sloppy field scored 4 runs which would have been a 2 ball to get upperman out of the inning and second upperman was not on the field tuesday they were in the batting cages! upperman would have been fine playin AND WINNING tuesday but the WIN WAS POSTPONED

Well I don't post on here much but when you feel a team is "cheating" I guess it's time to ask a few questions. Baxter came to Macon County and beat us in a good game on Monday in "not the best weather". We were to go to Baxter on Tuesday (perfect weather). The game was postponed until today because of a wet field. The baseball coach didn't take into consideration that our girls softball teams also had a game there that was played. People in Lafayette got calls asking why we weren't playing...the Baxter team was practicing on the field. I found out later that Baxter played Friday nite and a double header Saturday...I feel like the game should have been played Tuesday as scheduled and could someone please explain to me why it wasn't..Also, if any of what I have posted is incorrect please comment on the mistakes...by the way...Baxter did beat us today with a great "well rested" pitcher...2 to 0......

first off the game monday was not as close as the scoreboard made it seem! a bad hop on a sloppy field scored 4 runs which would have been a 2 ball to get upperman out of the inning and second upperman was not on the field tuesday they were in the batting cages! upperman would have been fine playin AND WINNING tuesday but the WIN

ok guys...this is fun...I've already been called an idiot....why was it too wet for a game but not too wet for practice??

It's ok...you guys have the best team in the district with the best record...we played you a lot closer game Monday than you ( and me too ) thought we would but I think it's bad sportsmanship to do what you did. Why do you think we play district games back to back...

p.s....just as a side note...do you think our centerfielder caught that ball tonight or not...just asking....

Again get your facts straight, we hit in the batting cages and only time we were on the field was to work on

it to get it ready for tonight. get your facts straight and stop your whining. Actually I thought he did but the ump

said no catch as soon as he did, but even without that run we beat you 1 to 0. It has nothing to do with sportsmanship, it was a safety issue, the field was not playable. and besides as stated earlier tonights pitcher had not pitched since last tuesday. If we had brought in monday nights pitcher then complain, but we are 10 pitchers deep so it didnt matter. I cant honestly believe you thinking by not playing tuesday we had a ulterier motive.

But if you want to bring monday nights game into it. we get the double play where the ball hit a rock and bounced over the shortstops head and you dont score that night. but you dont hear us complaining about your field

first off the game monday was not as close as the scoreboard made it seem! a bad hop on a sloppy field scored 4 runs which would have been a 2 ball to get upperman out of the inning and second upperman was not on the field tuesday they were in the batting cages! upperman would have been fine playin AND WINNING tuesday but the WIN WAS POSTPONEDfirst off the game monday was not as close as the scoreboard made it seem! a bad hop on a sloppy field scored 4 runs which would have been a 2 ball to get upperman out of the inning and second upperman was not on the field tuesday they were in the batting cages! upperman would have been fine playin AND WINNING tuesday but the WIN

I love it when people say the game was not as close as the scoreboard....especially when they gripe about "bad hops...everybody gets bad hopps....the make Bud Lite out of bad hopps...(haha)...I could complain about the worst freeking no call by an umpire tonight that i've ever seen...(yes I"m talking about the catch in center field)...in a 2 run game....but I'm not gonna do that cause I hate it when people use the umps as an excuse...Baxter has the best team in the district.....and they only beat us by 4 runs in 2 games....and if we could take back 3 errors then it would still be 0 to 0 and we'd be in the 14th inning....and if we don't hit the ball any better than we did tonight then we shouldn't expect to win...

But I can complain about the game not being played on Tuesday....when it was scheduled....

Wonder how many other fields around the area were too wet to play on Tuesday....let me check...NONE!!!!!!

I love it when people say the game was not as close as the scoreboard....especially when they gripe about "bad hops...everybody gets bad hopps....the make Bud Lite out of bad hopps...(haha)...I could complain about the worst freeking no call by an umpire tonight that i've ever seen...(yes I"m talking about the catch in center field)...in a 2 run game....but I'm not gonna do that cause I hate it when people use the umps as an excuse...Baxter has the best team in the district.....and they only beat us by 4 runs in 2 games....and if we could take back 3 errors then it would still be 0 to 0 and we'd be in the 14th inning....and if we don't hit the ball any better than we did tonight then we shouldn't expect to win...

But I can complain about the game not being played on Tuesday....when it was scheduled....

Wonder how many other fields around the area were too wet to play on Tuesday....let me check...NONE!!!!!!

WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT FROM TUESDAY TO WEDNESDAY ANYWAYS?

You know you must be a country song writer because they always write songs about crying in there beer.

were are not complaining just stating the obvious because you must have rose colored glasses on.

you want it to sound good your way so when someone else points out things that could have been, you go ape. we all know in baseball the ball bounces crazy sometimes and we deal with it. deal with the fact the right call was made

on not playing and go on to the next game. It is just like having a pathetic ump, when you get struck out on a 6 inch out side pitch, you can either cry or you can remember the next time to foul it off. I didnt know you guys were such sore losers looking for and excuse as to why tuesday would have been any better for you, especially after a few of your outfielders pulled a muscle from an unsafe outfield