Region 8AA

Guest nwtnsports

Guest nwtnsports

We had started to talk about Region 8AA in another thread, so I wanted to start this one for more discussion.

Here are my early predictions, though I'd like to know more about the teams:

1) Milan

2) Westview

3) JCS

4) Peabody

5) Humboldt

6) USJ

7) Gibson Co.

8) Dresden

I think Gibson Co. will have a ok year again. I don't think we'll finish 7th though but we might. I'll give my little insight on Gibson Co. for the year.

Of course we lost All-Region and All-State running back Antoine Cunningham. Antoine had 4 AWESOME years at Gibson Co. but all good things must come to an end unfortunately. However, we return ALOT of skill players. We return Matt Smith at QB, Jake Hill (HE IS A BEAST) at FB, Casie Ivie at WR, Chase Arnold (2nd team All-Region as a Freshman last year) at DB and RB, Taylor Maitland at TE, and all of our OLine except for All-Region Jeremy Copley. On defense we lost Dustin Haberle and Quan Fisher but still return DB Cedric Higgs and DB Chase Arnold whom I've already mentioned. I think Gibson Co. will win some games and finish at 4-6 or 5-5.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest nwtnsports

freeacen, I definitely respect your opinion. You know this region very well and were right on with your predictions for some late season and playoff wins for Peabody last year. I saw that we had the same picks, except for the Golden Tide and Gibson Co. Now, I know that Peabody loses some talented seniors - Harper and Johnson really carried the load offensively in '07 and the defense was tough. I don't have a thing against Gibson Co., and I would like to see them do well. Just curious as to why you put them in fourth, as they graduated their best player, IMO - Cunningham - from a team that went 3-7. GCPioneer had given us some great information here, saying they bring back lots of skill players and some talented guys.