Kingston beat Midway?

CHEESEFRIES

In my opinion Midway is the best in the county. I was at the game so I can have an opinion on what happened. It was 0-0 until the bottom of the sixth inning. There was a infield pop fly that was hit between the short stop and the pitcher. The pitcher called the ball, and was quickly called off by the short stop, so she backed off. The short stop let the ball drop which put a runner on first. There was then a ball hit to right field that moved the runner to second base, and two errors on the catcher quickly scored the runner. Very tough close played game. Both very good teams, but Kingston pulled it out soley based on player errors. Both teams have great pitchers, but I feel like Midway should have pulled it out.

A couple of questions if somebody doesn't mind answering them.

1) I know that Midway's pitcher is Hannah Colyer. But who is Kingston's pitcher this year, after Reiley graduated?

2) Did Catholic beat Kingston 13-3 a couple of weeks ago? That's what it shows on the coacht schedule/scoreboard.

I din't see that coming. I felt that Midway was the best in the county, then this happened.

Having played both, and beaten one a lost to the other, Kingston & Midway respectively, I can tell you they are both well coached, quality teams. Neither team has a dominating pitcher, but both are pretty decent.

We beat Kingston 4-2 at Kingston on an afternoon that we hit the ball well but right at their defense. At Midway we were leading in the seventh and had a two run error by our shortstop, which is totally out of character for her, and gave them the win 3-2.

At the end of the day they won, fair and square. I'd love to make up our rain out with Midway but scheduling conflicts make it impossible for them to come to our place this year....sad really. We'll see them next year, I hope.

Good teams both of them, I bet it was a heck of a game!

Coach Strange

Loudon Lady Redskins

Having played both, and beaten one a lost to the other, Kingston & Midway respectively, I can tell you they are both well coached, quality teams. Neither team has a dominating pitcher, but both are pretty decent.

We beat Kingston 4-2 at Kingston on an afternoon that we hit the ball well but right at their defense. At Midway we were leading in the seventh and had a two run error by our shortstop, which is totally out of character for her, and gave them the win 3-2.

At the end of the day they won, fair and square. I'd love to make up our rain out with Midway but scheduling conflicts make it impossible for them to come to our place this year....sad really. We'll see them next year, I hope.

Good teams both of them, I bet it was a heck of a game!

Coach Strange

Loudon Lady Redskins

Hey lds a couple of us would like an update from you over on hoopsville. I know it's a very busy time of year for you but if you get a minute we'd appreciate it.

In my opinion Midway is the best in the county. I was at the game so I can have an opinion on what happened. It was 0-0 until the bottom of the sixth inning. There was a infield pop fly that was hit between the short stop and the pitcher. The pitcher called the ball, and was quickly called off by the short stop, so she backed off. The short stop let the ball drop which put a runner on first. There was then a ball hit to right field that moved the runner to second base, and two errors on the catcher quickly scored the runner. Very tough close played game. Both very good teams, but Kingston pulled it out soley based on player errors. Both teams have great pitchers, but I feel like Midway should have pulled it out.

I respect your opinion here and will say that Midway has the best pitcher in the county. She can bring it. I have watched her pitch for the past two years and she is great. But if you look at the stats kingston out hit Midway, the pitcher had more strikeouts as well. No disrespect at all to collier b.c she is great but kingston has a little more talent all around and is the better team. Kingston plays in AA which will explain some of their loses. Midway plays in A and around here not very strong. They are by far the best team in A in this area. And im sure they will make it back to state because they are good. Kingston had it bases loadetd in the bottom of the 5th with one out and couldnt score. I do not see how you can possibly thing that Midway was the best team here but i do respect your opinion. Best of luck to both teams.

A couple of questions if somebody doesn't mind answering them.1) I know that Midway's pitcher is Hannah Colyer. But who is Kingston's pitcher this year, after Reiley graduated?2) Did Catholic beat Kingston 13-3 a couple of weeks ago? That's what it shows on the coacht schedule/scoreboard.

Jessica Korb is the new pitcher. Catholic beat kingston 4-3 in the first game and then Kingston beat Catholic 13-3 in the next.

Hey lds a couple of us would like an update from you over on hoopsville. I know it's a very busy time of year for you but if you get a minute we'd appreciate it.

lol...You found me did ya?

I tell ya...Hoopsville has gotten to be so much like Volchat I hardly post any more...but I'll be glad to update you guys on our team and season. I am very pleased with my team, after I weeded out the "problem children" and got down to the ball players. We have a hole or two to fill...but as they say "Rome was not built in a day." It will take a cuople of more years to get our program back where it should be...but...so far...so good!

How's things with you? You got your girl hitting the ball all over the lot yet? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Larry

lol...You found me did ya?

I tell ya...Hoopsville has gotten to be so much like Volchat I hardly post any more...but I'll be glad to update you guys on our team and season. I am very pleased with my team, after I weeded out the "problem children" and got down to the ball players. We have a hole or two to fill...but as they say "Rome was not built in a day." It will take a cuople of more years to get our program back where it should be...but...so far...so good!

How's things with you? You got your girl hitting the ball all over the lot yet? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Larry

I swear I'm not a stalker. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> BHM started a thread wondering about ya, 620 chimed in and I had been wondering about you and your team as well. I saw one of your posts on here so I gave a brief update. You could give a much better update though and some of the guys would enjoy one when time allows.

I know what you mean about it being more and more like volchat... fortunately I think it has gotten better since the season ended. You know those football guys can't hang out forever... we hope! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

My oldest daughter is doing great, hitting the ball really well. She plays for MJ. The youngest is still in middle school. She started out hitting it really good, batting in the 4 hole, etc. She's been in a slump the past week and a half though. We got her with a really good hitting coach over the winter and it helped a lot. She still has a way to go because her mechanics have gotten worse as the season has worn on (thus the slump). She's getting there though. Thanks for asking!

Good luck to you and the Indians the rest of the season!

Coach I believe I would be careful about what I post about my team on a public website. Talking about weeding out "problem children" is not a smart move. Remember, once its in print, its hard to deny.

Thanks...probably good advice...but it was a "broad" comment not directed at any one player. Thanks for the advice though.../smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />