Meigs County .vs. McMinn Central

Pounder02

As long as the Central coach will keep playing his infield in with a 2 run lead late in the game the Tigers will have a chance. Must have been wanting to win by 2 runs instead of 1.

How about little Ryan Goines? I'm proud of that son of a gun. I saw his name listed as star of the game as he drove in four runs. His parents are nice folks and I know their proud. I love to see kids my son played summer ball with and against do well. It validates what we as parents were trying to do when we were playing "select" when they were 10 or 11 and that was to play better competition in hopes it would help them get ready for high school. I'm seeing high school juniors and seniors struggle because they didn't want to sacrifice or their parents didn't want to "give up" their summer. But at the same time, Mom and Dad expect them to be the best. It's no guarantee that you'll be the best by playing the best during the summer, but it's no accident that the best are playing the best. If you're a rising senior playing "down" on the summer school team....don't expect to get better.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about little Ryan Goines? I'm proud of that son of a gun. I saw his name listed as star of the game as he drove in four runs. His parents are nice folks and I know their proud. I love to see kids my son played summer ball with and against do well. It validates what we as parents were trying to do when we were playing "select" when they were 10 or 11 and that was to play better competition in hopes it would help them get ready for high school. I'm seeing high school juniors and seniors struggle because they didn't want to sacrifice or their parents didn't want to "give up" their summer. But at the same time, Mom and Dad expect them to be the best. It's no guarantee that you'll be the best by playing the best during the summer, but it's no accident that the best are playing the best. If you're a rising senior playing "down" on the summer school team....don't expect to get better.

goines played a good game...the bases clearing double killed central when it tied the game. he should be very good. he played better than the rowland kid, that everyone talks up, last night. how is mcginnis after taking a shot right to the baby maker? and to the guy that said that bout infield in thats just a chance he thought he had to take i guess

• 3 weeks later...