D2 East/Middle Playoffs

chattasoccer

Question that I hope someone has information on. East and Middle is combined this year....how is it set up and how many advance. Also with Baylor and McCallie tying Friday night both play Webb in the next couple of weeks. If both Baylor and McCallie beat Webb would the red and blue play again for top seed? If so where would the game be played. Believe me I am not assuming victories for both teams over Webb...just curious of what would take place. How are the middle teams doing?

This is from a girls thread this fall. Seemed to make sense. I assume the guys are doing pretty much the same thing.

Middle/East Region Games

#1 Middle v #1 East for #1/#2 seeding at sub-state

#2 Middle v #2 East for #3/#4 seeding at sub-state

#3 Middle v #4 Middle for #8 seeding at sub-state

Sub-State Saturday

#1 Middle/East v #8 above

#1 West v #4 Middle/East

#2 West v #3 Middle/East

#3 West v #2 Middle/East

The 4 winners go to state

Thanks mtnman. If this is the case do you know if 2 teams in the east are tied would they probably play it off the the top seed?

This is from a girls thread this fall. Seemed to make sense. I assume the guys are doing pretty much the same thing.

Middle/East Region Games

#1 Middle v #1 East for #1/#2 seeding at sub-state

#2 Middle v #2 East for #3/#4 seeding at sub-state

#3 Middle v #4 Middle for #8 seeding at sub-state

Sub-State Saturday

#1 Middle/East v #8 above

#1 West v #4 Middle/East

#2 West v #3 Middle/East

#3 West v #2 Middle/East

The 4 winners go to state

not sure but I am sure they have a tie breaker. If Baylor and McCallie both win, there will likely be a goal differential or something like that, then go to a list of tie breakers. Webb could through a wrench in it and beat one of them. (creating a three way tie which could be real interesting) Maybe they could compare SAT/ACT scores or have a field goal kicking contest at a neutral site.

That would be interesting for sure. And I do realize that Webb is in the thick of it too....by beating one or both teams. Just interesting if it is a tie. Thanks for the info.

not sure but I am sure they have a tie breaker. If Baylor and McCallie both win, there will likely be a goal differential or something like that, then go to a list of tie breakers. Webb could through a wrench in it and beat one of them. (creating a three way tie which could be real interesting) Maybe they could compare SAT/ACT scores or have a field goal kicking contest at a neutral site.