Alcoa vs. Seymour

easttnref

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Game!

Seymour played like they had seen a soccer ball before, after stinking it up for the last week and a half. Alcoa is all heart and hustle and really answered every challenge we gave them.

I agree with Akula in saying the crowd got their money's worth.

Also agree on the two man crew, we were very disappointed to see only two guys show up. Had a meeting earlier this week with the AD and he threw out the idea of a four man crew for soccer, which would be great but never going to happen with the shortage of refs we apparently have. I will say that the crew did a pretty good job.

These two teams are really becoming a good rivalry, with a lot of respect going back and forth among the players.

The last three matches have been two ties and an overtime.

I hope we get to see a rematch!

While both teams played well, i think Alcoa came out flat in the first half which resulted in Seymour scoring first. And yes i know it was a 2 man crew (which adds even more difficulty to the task of reffing), and yes i know a fair bit of fouling was going on both sides of the ball, but i was just wondering why #9 specifically for seymour didn't receive his second yellow after several blatant, border line wrestling move, fouls. Any comments?

While both teams played well, i think Alcoa came out flat in the first half which resulted in Seymour scoring first. And yes i know it was a 2 man crew (which adds even more difficulty to the task of reffing), and yes i know a fair bit of fouling was going on both sides of the ball, but i was just wondering why #9 specifically for seymour didn't receive his second yellow after several blatant, border line wrestling move, fouls. Any comments?

yes, your a whiner!

you said yourself it was a two man crew and fouls were missed all over the place

The same statement about wrestling moves could be made about #1 for Alcoa or even Broddus

but no it was an evenly officiated game what about the goal that might or might not have been missed had there been a third official?

that is a moment that could be question

Would have rather had the three man crew, myself. But the ref did say he had the angle, not sure, he was actually in the box, and not in bad position. But that is why you have the AR on the endline for those situations. Can't change it now. Also, if the game had been called tightly early in the match, there would not have been any wrestling moves by anyone later on.

yes, your a whiner!

you said yourself it was a two man crew and fouls were missed all over the place

The same statement about wrestling moves could be made about #1 for Alcoa or even Broddus

but no it was an evenly officiated game what about the goal that might or might not have been missed had there been a third official?

that is a moment that could be question

While #1 did commit several fouls, i didn't notice him grabbing someone from behind and slinging them down by their hips or jersey, NUMEROUS times. And while #12 had a couple of fouls, they were after he had been suplexed by #9 of Seymour, who should have been off the field quite a bit earlier. And yes the no goal was questionable, but the ref said he had a clear view. And i agree with Akula, if the refs had called a tighter game earlier, things would have been different.