7-AAA District Tournament Bracket almost set...

davidlimbaugh

Standings going into Sunday

1) Cookeville 12-2

2) Oakland 11-3

3) Siegel 10-4

4) Riverdale 7-7

5) Blackman 6-7

6) Warren Co 5-8

7) Lebanon 4-10

8) White Co 0-14

Sunday Blackman travels to Warren Co

IF Blackman wins they get the 4th seed due to tiebreaker - they split with Oakland and Oakland swept Riverdale

IF Warren Co wins Blackman still finishes 5th and Warren Co still finishes 6th because of Blackman split with Oakland while Oakland swept Warren Co.

So District Tournament, except for times, is set:

at Cookeville

4/5) Blackman vs 4/5) Riverdale (Sunday's Blackman-Warren Co game determines home team) (split)

8) White Co vs 1) Cookeville (Cookeville 2-0)

at Siegel

6) Warren Co vs 3) Siegel (split)

7) Lebanon vs 2) Oakland (Oakland 2-0)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't it be at Oakland since they finish 2?

Yep! Just seeing if folks were reading and paying attention /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Was wondering who would correct me first /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Leave it to the media. I'm deleting to see whose next.

Yep! Just seeing if folks were reading and paying attention /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Was wondering who would correct me first /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i had caught it but i wasnt going to say anything david works to hard and would be easy to make a mistake like that

Hey 7AAA guys! Lets have some fun.Lets predict the pitching matchups for each team on Friday. I will start and say Siegel will pitch Jake Holliday. Tell me who you think will pitch for your team on Friday.

I am old school. I say pitch #1 as soon as you can so you can get back to him - plus ya never know when it is going to rain /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Boy, that is interesting and just the type of discussion I was hoping to get. I think both Oakland and Siegel want a Wilson- Watson matchup. Where is Riverdale man and all the other teams? What will your pitching matchups look like?

Boy, that is interesting and just the type of discussion I was hoping to get. I think both Oakland and Siegel want a Wilson- Watson matchup. Where is Riverdale man and all the other teams? What will your pitching matchups look like?

For a Wilson-Watson matchup, both teams will need to win or lose their opener. Will both teams throw #2 in the opener and save #1 for game 2? Or even 'throw off' with a #4 or #5 and hope to win and save their pitching at

the same time?

I have had this discussion with my coaching buddies for years. There are two distinct camps out there.

I say throw #1 in Game #1 - get that win - if ya get a big lead go to the pen early and save some pitches so he can

be sharper the next start - but get the win and get him rested for the next start.

Look at the Oakland Region:

Friday is day 1

Saturday is day 2

Sunday is an off day

Monday is loser vs Winner day and an if (Elite 6 Day)

Tuesday is Region Finals (Final 4 Day)

Wednesday is Championship Game - If Cookeville is here then other team already has their ticket punched too!

If #1 starts on Friday, they can come back on 3 days rest on Tuesday or 4 days rest on Wednesday

If #1 starts Saturday, Tuesday means just 2 days of rest between starts.... That If Game could get hairy...

For a Wilson-Watson matchup, both teams will need to win or lose their opener. Will both teams throw #2 in the opener and save #1 for game 2? Or even 'throw off' with a #4 or #5 and hope to win and save their pitching at

the same time?

I have had this discussion with my coaching buddies for years. There are two distinct camps out there.

I say throw #1 in Game #1 - get that win - if ya get a big lead go to the pen early and save some pitches so he can

be sharper the next start - but get the win and get him rested for the next start.

Look at the Oakland Region:

Friday is day 1

Saturday is day 2

Sunday is an off day

Monday is loser vs Winner day and an if (Elite 6 Day)

Tuesday is Region Finals (Final 4 Day)

Wednesday is Championship Game - If Cookeville is here then other team already has their ticket punched too!

If #1 starts on Friday, they can come back on 3 days rest on Tuesday or 4 days rest on Wednesday

If #1 starts Saturday, Tuesday means just 2 days of rest between starts.... That If Game could get hairy...

Great discussion! I also have read everything you have posted this year. You do a fantastic job. I have waited up past my bedtime sometimes, but it has been worth it. Again ,great job!