Amber Torres-sparkman

thatsafact

The fantastic pitcher we all saw on the Sparkman team that was signed with Alabama ( they were in the Lincoln County Border Battle) broke her ankle in two places this weekend sliding into home. Sparkman was ranked in the top 20 nationally. Her metal cleats caught and she kept going.

From her dad and others taken off of the Alabama forum:

Amber is waiting to go into surgery at St. Vincents in B'ham. She fractured her ankle in two places while sliding into home. Thanks for all the calls of encouragement and support we have received, not only from her team, but from her friends on other teams. Also thanks to every one that responded and helped her at the park. Please keep her in your prayers, she is very disappointed that her season ended like this.

Also from the forum:

We lost our shortstop for the season today when she tried to reverse her direction. maybe it's just my imagination. but i seem to be hearing about more knee and ankle injuries this year than ever before.

best of luck to amber. saw her once and she's awesome.

If any of you get a chance send a card to this coach so he can get it to her. She and her team and her family need our prayers and support right now.

Thanks for the kind words about Amber. We appreciate the prayers and support. A couple of corrections to this post. It was a season ending injury, the surgery went well and the surgeon expects her to make a full recovery. Second, she is is signed with UAB not Alabama, and finally it is my opinion that the metal cleats were not a factor, the injury was due to her ankle buckling when she impacted the catcher's shin guards.

Thanks for the kind words about Amber. We appreciate the prayers and support. A couple of corrections to this post. It was a season ending injury, the surgery went well and the surgeon expects her to make a full recovery. Second, she is is signed with UAB not Alabama, and finally it is my opinion that the metal cleats were not a factor, the injury was due to her ankle buckling when she impacted the catcher's shin guards.

Thanks sparkdadat for replaying, I hope your youngone gets well soon. welcome to coachT!!!

It's always sad to hear a player going down with a season ending injury.

Best wishes for a full recovery, and good luck at the next level.

sparkDADAT,

I was sorry to hear about Amber. Coach Beth told my daughter Lindsey the other night. Lindsey and Amber will be Blazers together. I haven't seen Amber pitch yet but I like what I've read about her. I am excited for what the future holds for UAB. They have had 2 really good recruiting classes in 07 an 08 and they are going to make some serious noise in the C-USA. I am sure we'll get to know each other pretty soon. I am glad the surgery went well and hope and pray for a full recovery. If you like you can email me at jhcroft@bellsouth.net.

John