West Tennessee's best Freshman Player

brandon1965

Simple question: Who do you think is the best freshman in West Tennessee? My vote goes to Huntingdon Shortstop Winter Santiago. Her defensive skills are amazing for a Freshman and she would have more opportunity to show off her defense if the starting pitcher wasn't also an amazing player. Any other opinions?

I'm going with Shelise(sp?) Arnold from Lexington. She seems to be doing a very good job on the mound.

I think a strong case could be made for that choice but it is difficult, at least for me, to make any type of reasonable comparison between pitchers and position players. Huntingdon begins playing in the district tournament on Monday and watching their shortstop play is a chance to watch a young lady who truly plays the game because she loves it. As I said though, it is difficult for her to truly show her defensive talents with Brook Thomas on the mound.

My vote for best freshman player in west TN would go to Mckenzie's Travatia Bowden. I've been watching her in travel ball since 2005 and she is awesome. There are some very good short stops in west TN, but when looking at players in her age bracket, she is in a class of her own.

Best freshman pitcher is Lexington's Shelise Arnold.(sp?)

Bowden and Arnold will be D1 prospects before they are seniors.